Last updated on August 4th, 2023 at 05:37 pm
Ayra Starr is a Nigerian singer-songwriter as well as a model who is currently signed to Mavin Records. Starting her career as a model at the age of 16 signing with Quove Model Management, Starr then turned her profession in singing and grabbed her fame with her eponymous debut extended play and its hit track "Away" which spent two consecutive weeks at number four on Nigeria's TurnTable Top 50 and went to number 17 on US Billboard Top Triller Global, paving the way for the release of her first full-length studio album, "19 & Dangerous" in August 2021. The lead single "Bloody Samaritan" peaked atop the Top 50 chart, becoming the first solo song by a female artist to reach the number-one position.
- Being a Nigerian singer-songwriter and model.
- For her debut studio album "19 & Dangerous" and its lead single "Bloody Samaritan".
- For her voice being described in the media as "silky", "cozy", "delicate", "sturdy", "arresting" and "soulful".
Where is Ayra Starr from?
Ayra Starr was born on 14th June 2002 which makes her the present age of 19 as of 2021. Her real name or birth name is Oyinkansola Sarah Aderibigbe. Her birthplace/hometown is in Cotonou, Benin whereas she spent her childhood and early life in Lagos, Nigeria. She is Nigerian as per her nationality and her ethnicity is Mixed. her Zodiac sign is Gemini. She was born to a Christian family to Mr. and Mrs. Aderibigbe as the second child among four. Thus, she has three siblings; brothers namely Ade and Dami, a sister namely Jesutunmise. As she was born to a music-loving family, she became interested in music from her childhood. By occupation, her father was a businessman. Sadly, she lost her father in 2018. Both, her father and mother supported her a lot. When she was ten, she started singing in a high school choir and began writing songs with her brother. Her family moved frequently during her high school years because of her father's business, and as a result, she had a hard time forming close friends. There are no details about her parents' names.
About her educational qualification, she attended primary and secondary school education in Lagos, Nigeria. Then, she went to Les Cours Sonou University from where she graduated with her Bachelor of Arts degree in international relations and political science. When she was at college, she was often bullied by her classmates. To counter the feelings she experienced from being taunted, Ayra Starr turned to music. "I would listen to Nicki Minaj on my way to school, and I'd feel like the second Nicki Minaj."
Ayra Starr Career Timeline
- Ayra Starr initially began her career as a model. In the year 2018, she signed with Quove Models, a modeling agency based in Lagos.
- Then, she modeled for companies including Mazelle Studio, Complete Fashion Magazine, and Esperanza Woman.
- Next, she started posting covers of songs by artists like Andra Day and 2Face Idibia online in the year 2019.
- Further, she has also appeared in the music video for Eri Ife's song "Dear Future Wife".
- Later, she uploaded an original song "Damage" on her Instagram page which was then heard by thousands of people.
- After hearing her song by label executive, Don Jazzy; he to her first recording contract with Mavin Records.
- After then, her music career started and she began recording there in 2020 with producers Louddaaa and Don Jazzy.
- On 22nd January 2021, she released her debut EP "Ayra Starr" through the Mavin Record. Her debut album has been described as "a topsy-turvy chronicle of love or love-themed situations" and "merges elements of R&B/neo-soul with Afropop percussion."
- Then, her EP was mixed and mastered by Ikon, Louddaaa, and Johnny Drille. She also wrote one of the songs on the EP alone and co-wrote the remaining four with her brother Dami.
- Within a short period of time of its release, the EP became the number-one album on Nigeria iTunes and Apple Music.
- Surprisingly, as of March 2021, the EP reached the same position on Apple Music in 4 other countries, racking up over 15 million streams across Spotify, YouTube, and Audiomack.
- Likewise, she released remix versions of "Ija" and "Away" featuring Tokimonsta and Lilo.
- She also provided her vocals on the track "In Sync" for Crayon's EP Twelve A.M.
- After her fame, she performed at the UC Berkeley Nigerian Students Association virtual culture show titled The Olori Awards.
- For her song "DITR", the official music video was released on 28th April 2021. Also, the music video for another song "Sare" was leased.
- On 11th July 2021, she performed for the season finale of "Nigerian Idol".
- "Bloody Samaritan" was announced as the first single for her debut studio album "19 & Dangerous" which was released on 4th August 2021. Later, the album was released on 6th August 2021 via Mavin Records and Platoon which consist of 11 tracks. The lead single, "Bloody Samaritan", debuted at number 18 on the TurnTable Top 50 for the week of 10 August, becoming Ayra Starr's second entry on the chart.
- She was ranked number two on Billboard's Next Big Sound on 28th August 2021.
- Further, she was featured on "in the light", a track on Johnny Drille's Before We Fall Asleep.
- She even collaborated with Cheque on "Dangerous" which is the second track on Cheque's album "Bravo".
- Moreover, she was on the cover for the October 2021 issue of Accelerate TV's The Cover and an editorial titled "Ayra Starr A Starr Is Born".
- Moreover, she starred an editorial for the Fall/Winter 2021 issue of ODDA.
Ayra Starr Personal Life: Is She Married or Dating Someone?
Ayra Starr is an unmarried lady. At present, she is assumed to be single as there is no news and rumors about her dating with anyone as well as she has not been spotted with anyone. Thus, she has no boyfriend. It seems she is currently focusing on her career rather than being in a relationship. She is enjoying her present life happily without any disturbances. Her sexual orientation is straight.
Ayra Starr Net Worth and Salary
Ayra Starr is a talented singer, songwriter as well as a model. The net worth of Ayra Starr is estimated to have $700K as of 2021. Her main source of wealth is from her music industry through releasing several songs with over 20 million streams across all digital platforms. She is also making a cool amount of money from her modeling jobs and brand influencing with many companies. She was named brand ambassador for Pepsi Nigeria on 4th September 2021. She is living a cool lifestyle at present. She has not stated anything about her salary earnings to the media. She is a car lover and she also owns a car.
How tall is Ayra Starr and how much does she weigh?
Ayra Starr is a very hot and sexy singer. She has a tall height of 1.55 m or 5 ft 4 in. His balanced bodyweight consists of 60 Kg. He has a pair of black eyes and his hair color is black. Details about her body measurements such as waist size, hip size, shoe size, and more are still to get disclosed yet. Overall, she has got a healthy body with slim body type. She maintains her body a lot by doing frequent exercise.