Facts About Azahara Muñoz
|Celebrated Name||Azahara Muñoz|
|Age||35 Years Old|
|Birth Name||Azahara Muñoz Guijarro|
|Place Of Birth||Málaga, Andalusia|
|Famous For||Famous as a Spanish professional golfer|
|Best Known For||Known for being the 2012 Sybase Match Play Champion|
|Married Date||December 21, 2015|
|University||Arizona State University(ASU|
|Net Worth||$2 million|
Azahara Muñoz Guijarro, professionally known as Azahara Muñoz, is a Spanish professional golfer who currently plays on the US-based LPGA Tour and Ladies European Tour. Muñoz turned professional in September 2009. She is mostly known for being the 2012 Sybase Match Play Champion. She also won the 2008 NCAA Individual Champion in her junior year. She won the LPGA Tour of the Year in 2010. She made her professional debut on October 1, 2009, on the Ladies European Tour(LET). She reached her career-high ranking of World No.14 in 2014.
Muñoz is also active in the social media platform with around 18k followers on her Instagram account: @azagolf and has around 41k followers on her Twitter account: @AzaharaGOLF
What is Azahara Muñoz famous for?
- Famous as a Spanish professional golfer
- Known for being the 2012 Sybase Match Play Champion
Where is Azahara Muñoz from?
Azahara Muñoz was born on November 19, 1987, in Málaga, Andalusia, Spain. Her birth name is Azahara Muñoz Guijarro. She holds Spanish nationality. Her ethnicity is European while Scorpio is her zodiac sign.
Muñoz was born in a Sports loving family in Spain. Her family made her join golf training classes at a young age. She won her first title at the age of 14 which was the 2002 Spanish Ametuer title. Then, she went on to win the 2004 Girls Amateur Championship. She also was a member of Europe's Junior Solheim Cup Team in 2002, 2003, and 2005. While playing as a junior, she added herself with another title of the 2008 NCAA Individual Champion.
She also was 2006–08 NGCA Academic All-American, 2006–09 First-Team All-Pac-10, 2006–07 NGCA Second-Team All-American, 2009 NGCA All-American, and 2009 Pac-10 Scholar of the Year. Along with her career as a golfer, she carried on her studies. She graduated magna cum laude from Arizona State University(ASU) with a Bachelor's degree in psychology and a minor in business in May 2009.
Muñoz won the match-play British Ladies Amateur in Wales over ASU teammate and compatriot Carlota Ciganda. Then, she received gold medals (individual & team) for Spain at the 2009 Mediterranean Games in Italy.
Although she was a runner up in the 2008 U.S Women's Amateur, she did not participate in the competition in 2009 2009. As an amateur, she competed in three professional majors in 2009 and placed T-40 twice.
Azahara Muñoz's Golf Career
- Azahara Muñoz started her professional career by making her professional debut on the Ladies European Tour(LET) on October 1, 2009.
- She defeated her former ASU teammate, Anna Nordquist with an eagle putt after which she earned a three year LET exemption.
- She finished fifth at the LPGA Final Qualifying Tournament in December after her one round victory on the Banesto mini-tour.
- She ended her 2009 season standing at a rank of 179 in the Women's World Golf Rankings.
- Muñoz started her 2010 season with a bang by making the cut in her first 11 events.
- She also finished the top 10 twice in LPGA Competition and top 20 thrice in major competitions.
- She became the 2010 LPGA Tour Rookie of the Year with 704 points.
- She ended the season standing at 41st position.
- She represented Spain by competing in the 2008 Espirito Santo Trophy.
- In 2012, she cut 22 matches and earned her career-high earnings of $1230751.
- She won her first 2012 LPGA Tour Victory at the Sybase Match Play Championship with a 2 and 1 victory over Candie King.
- She also participated and won the Solheim Cup representing Spain with her team members three times in 2011, 2013, and 2019.
- In 2014, she and her team represented Spain and won the UL International Crown.
- She ended her 2014 season with her career-high ranking of 14th position.
- Muñoz won the Andalucia Costa Del Sol Open De España Femenino in 2017 with a cash prize of €45k.
- In the year 2019, she participated in 26 tournaments and was able to earn $667,184.
- She ended her 2019 season standing at the rank of 43.
- In 2020, she stands at the 52nd position in LPGA.
- She made the cut in the 2020 Women's PGA Championship.
Azahara Muñoz Husband
Azahara Muñoz is currently married to her longtime boyfriend, Tim Vickers. The couple got married on December 21, 2015. They have no children yet. The couple is happily living together in Spain. They also have a pet dog. Tim can be frequently seen in Muñoz's social media accounts with their pet dog.
Azahara Muñoz Net Worth
Azahara Muñoz has earned a good amount of money from her profession as a golfer. Having started her professional career in 2009, she has managed to win many tournaments along with the cash prizes. She earned a total of $1230751 in her wins in the 2012 season. With all of her earnings, Muñoz has an estimated net worth of $2 million as of 2020.
Azahara Muñoz Height
Azahara Muñoz is a beautiful woman in her early 30s. She has a fair complexion with brown hair and a pair of brown eyes. She stands tall with a height of 5ft 5inches and her body weighs around 55kg(123 lbs).
Trivias About Azahara Muñoz You Need To Know.
- Muñoz made 9 consecutive cuts from the 2013 Evian Cup to the 2015 British Open.
- She was the Edith Cummings Munson Award recipient in 2008 & 2009, the only double winner of the award.
- Her longest streak of top 10s is 1(three times).
- She suffered from an injury in her right wrist in January 2009.