Bad Bunny - Bio, Net Worth, Dating, Girlfriend, Real Name, Famous, Tattoo, Parents, Songs, Albums, Awards, Height, Age, Facts, Wiki, Family, TV Shows
Benito Antonio Martinez Ocasio known by the stage name "Bad Bunny" is a very famous Puerto Rican singer as well as a rapper who is best known for his deep, slurred vocal style and his eclectic fashion sense. He released the single "Soy Peor" in late 2016. He collaborated with Cardi B and J Balvin on the Billboard Hot 100 number-one single "I Like It" as well as with Drake on "Mia". His debut album X 100pre was released in December 2018 and was awarded a Latin Grammy for Best Urban Music Album and he also released "Oasis", a collaborative album with J Balvin on 28th June 2019. On 29th February 2020, he released the album YHLQMDLG-Yo Hago Lo Que Me Da La Gana. Bad Bunny is very much active in social media. In fact, his main earning is from social media. He has about 3.3M followers on Facebook, above 14.4M followers on Instagram, and around 324K followers on Twitter.
Bad Bunny drinks, twerks and gets excited fans dancing on Instagram Live party featuring his top hits
Bad Bunny decided to give fans a much-needed reprieve from being quarantined with an Instagram Live party that featured a wide range of tracks to vibe to in addition to dancing, drinking, and plenty of time for viewers to take a bathroom break. Since his breakthrough single 'Soy Peor' established him as one of the top Latin American artists and helped spearhead the popularity of the Latin American trap scene, Bad Bunny has continued to make waves globally. In addition to good vibes and a generally good time, the Live also featured some hilarious moments. One fan shared, "Bad bunny twerking is everything," while another stated, "Bad Bunny live on ig drunk singing his album is me always." At one point Bad Bunny appears to be startled by something while talking, and fans got a real kick out of his reaction, tweeting "LMFAO NOT @ BAD BUNNY ALMOST HAVING A HEART ATTACK CUZ HE THOUGHT HE FELT AN EARTHQUAKE AFTER LITERALLY CUSSING THE WORLD OUT PLS I CANT BREATHE"
- Being one of the most influential faces in bringing Latin trap music into the limelight with his unique reggaeton rhythms before the global audience.
- For his independent single Diles which gave him worldwide recognition. Later, singing up with DJ Luian’s record label, Hear this Music gave him the platform on a larger scale.
- For his collaborated work with other artists among which the song Sensualidad, with J Balvin and Prince Royce, reached number 10 on the Hot Latin Songs chart.
- For featuring in Becky G‘s July 2017 released single Mayores.
- For launching a computer game titled Bunny Madness Anarchy.
What is the Real Name of Bad Bunny?
Bad Bunny was born on 10th March 1994 with the birth name/real name of Benito Antonio Martínez Ocasio. His birthplace/hometown is in Puerto Rico. His zodiac sign is Pisces and he is Christian by religion. He holds Puerto Rican citizenship and his ethnicity is Hispanic. As of 2020, he celebrated his 26th birthday. His father was a truck driver and his mother was a retired school teacher. He has two brothers named Bernie and Bysael and he does not have any sister. He used to sing from the age of 5. His mother, being a Catholic Christian was very religious. She used to take him to the church and he used to sing in the children’s choir. As per his educational details, he is a high school student. His nickname was given in his school age. Once his picture was snapped where he was dressed up as an angry bunny. He also joined the University of Puerto Rico but he left to pursue his music career. While studying in college, he used to make his own songs and upload them in Soundcloud. His teenage interests also included skateboarding and professional wrestling, both of which influenced his fashion sense.
How Bad Bunny began his career?
- Bunny released his first song "Diles" in the year 2016 on music platform SoundCloud.
- Later, the music caught Dj Luian and he signed Bunny to record his song "Hear This Music’".
- There, he got an opportunity to collaborate with Ozuna, Nengo Flow, Arcangel, and Farruko and he releases the remix "Diles" which became successful in scoring millions of views on Youtube.
- He also featured songs like ‘un Polvo’, ‘Pa Que Le De’, ‘Soy Peor’, in the year 2016.
- He was featured in Becky G's single "Mayores", released in July 2017.
- He also hosted Beats 1's first Spanish-language show, Trap Kingz in November 2017.
- In November 2017, Bad Bunny's track, "Tu No Metes Cabra" peaked at number 38 on the Hot Latin Songs chart.
- In May 2018, female rapper Cardi B released a collaboration with Bad Bunny and J Balvin, "I Like It", which hit number-one on the Billboard Hot 100.
- On 11th October 2018, he released "Mia", a collaboration with Drake which reached number five on the Billboard Hot 100.
- He released "Te Guste" with Jennifer Lopez, with a video directed by Mike Ho in November 2018.
- After that, he released his debut album X 100pre on Christmas Eve 2018 soon after leaving DJ Luian's label "Hear this Music", revealing on an Instagram live stream that he was never allowed to make an album and also confessing that he actually produced his music by himself.
- He also released albums like ‘X100pre’, ‘Diplo’, and ‘El Alfa El Jefe’.
- He released Oasis, an eight-song collaborative album with J Balvin on 28th June 2019 which peaked at number nine on the Billboard Hot 100 and topped the Billboard US Latin Albums chart.
- In the year 2019, he performed on the main stage at Coachella.
- A protest song, "Afilando los cuchillos" , (in English: Sharpening the knives) with lyrics by Bad Bunny and Residente, was released during the 2019 protests against Ricardo Rossello which garnered 2.5 million views on YouTube within a day of its release.
- In February 2020, he was a guest performer in the Super Bowl LIV halftime show, headlined by Shakira and Jennifer Lopez.
- He announced the album YHLQMDLG on 27th February 2020, during an appearance on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon, and stated that it would be released on Leap Day 2020.
- He released the album at midnight on 29th February 2020 which title stands for "Yo Hago Lo Que Me Da La Gana" (Spanish for "I Do What I Want") and features collaborations with Daddy Yankee, Yaviah, Jowell & Randy, and Nengo Flow.
- On the final song on the album, "<3", the artist announced his intention to retire after releasing one more album with the lyric "In nine months I'll release another, to retire calmly like Miguel Cotto", referencing the retirement of the Puerto Rican boxer.
- "YHLQMDLG" debuted at number two on the US Billboard 200, becoming the highest-charting all-Spanish album ever on the chart.
- "Vete" was released as the lead single of the album on 22nd November 2019.
- The second single "Ignorantes" with Panamanian singer Sech came out on 14th February 2020.
- In March 2020, Bad Bunny released the music video for "Yo Perreo Sola", in which the artist performs in drag.
- He also launched a computer game and named it 'Bad Bunny Madness'.
What are the Awards and Achievements achieved by Bad Bunny?
Bad Bunny has been awarded MTV Video Music Awards for Song of Summer for the song ‘I Like It’ in 2018, Latin American Music Award in the category Artist of the Year for ‘Herself’ and Favourite Song-Urban for ‘Mayores’ in 2018. He has been nominated as well several times. He has since been nominated for Telemundo's Tu Musica Urban Awards "Humanitarian Award of the Year." In 2018, he was nominated for the Tour of the Year in the award show Premios Lo Nuestro.
Who is Bad Bunny Dating (Girlfriend)?
Bad Bunny is not married yet and he is still to get married. He has not revealed the name and image of his girlfriend. It seems, he is enjoying his single life and he is focusing on his career rather than being in a relationship. His sexual orientation is straight. Moreover, there are no rumors about her dating history or past relationships with anyone. He is also a very secretive person regarding his personal life.
What is the Net Worth of Bad Bunny?
Bad Bunny is a very successful rapper and he has accumulated a lot of money from his songs and album, tours, concerts, tickets. It is estimated that he has a net worth of around $8 million as of 2020. His salary is unknown yet but there is no doubt in the mind of his followers that he is earning a cool amount of money from his singing career and he is satisfied with his earnings. His major source of wealth is from his singing career. He hasn’t done endorsement work for any brand yet. There is no information about his house details. At present, he lives in Los Angeles. He has a big collection of cars where there are several Jeeps and sports cars.
How tall is Bad Bunny?
Bad Bunny is a very handsome rapper. He is 6 ft tall and he weighs 75 kg. He has black hair and dark brown eyes. Other information about his body measurements such as chest size, waist size, biceps size, shoe size, and more is unknown yet. Overall, he has got a charming personality attracting a lot of people towards him. His body build is slim. He wears a lot of accessories such as finger rings, chain necklaces, earrings, and nose rings. He is bald to razor cut hairstyle, which is followed by funky shaved hair design. He wears round colored eyeglasses almost every time.
Trivias About Bad Bunny You Need To Know.
- His real name is Benito Antonio Martinez Ocasio.
- He released the single "Soy Peor" in late 2016.
- He collaborated with Cardi B and J Balvin on the Billboard Hot 100 number-one single "I Like It" as well as with Drake on "Mia".
- His debut album X 100pre was released in December 2018 and was awarded a Latin Grammy for Best Urban Music Album and he also released "Oasis", a collaborative album with J Balvin on 28th June 2019.
- He used to work in a supermarket as a bagger.
- In 2021, he won his first Grammy award in the “Best Latin Pop or Urban Album” category for his album YHLQMDLG.
- In April 2021, he announced his El Último Tour del Mundo 2022 tour.