Last updated on August 20th, 2023 at 09:48 am
Facts About Barbra Streisand
|Celebrated Name||Barbra Streisand|
|Age||81 Years Old|
|Birth Name||Barbara Joan Streisand|
|Profession||Singer , Songwriter , Actress|
|Place Of Birth||Williamsburg, Brooklyn, New York City, New York|
|Birth Nation||United States of America|
|Education||Erasmus Hall High School|
|Spouse||Elliott Gould (M. 1963; Div. 1971) and James Brolin (M. 1998 - present)|
|Height||5 feet 4 inches|
|Bra Cup Size||34C|
|Hair Color||Dyed Blonde|
|Net Worth||$ 400 million|
|Famous For||Singer, Songwriter, Actress, and Filmmaker|
|Source of Wealth||Entertainment Industry|
|Links||Wikipedia, Instagram, Twitter, Facebook|
Barbra Streisand is an American singer, songwriter, actress, and filmmaker. She is an actress who has won two Academy Awards, ten Grammy Awards, five Emmy Awards, and many more. She has also been felicitated with Grammy Legend Award. Today, we will try to disclosing her all facts including his career, affairs, and many more in this biography!
What is Barbra Streisand known for?
- An American singer, songwriter, actress, and filmmaker.
- One of the richest women in the entertainment industry.
Barbra Streisand Apologizes for Her Remarks About Michael Jackson’s Accusers
Barbra Streisand apologized on Saturday for saying that two men who accused Michael Jackson of sexually abusing them as detailed in the documentary “Leaving Neverland” were “thrilled” to be with him.
In an interview with The Times of London published on Friday, Ms. Streisand also showed sympathy for Mr. Jackson, saying, “His sexual needs were his sexual needs, coming from whatever childhood he has or whatever DNA he has.”
“You can say ‘molested,’ but those children, as you heard say, they were thrilled to be there,” she continued. “They both married and they both have children, so it didn’t kill them.”
She added that she believed the accounts of Wade Robson and James Safechuck, the men who claimed in the documentary that Mr. Jackson had abused them when they were children.
She said she felt sympathy for Mr. Jackson, and that he was “very sweet, very childlike” when she met him. She added that while she felt bad for the children, she also felt bad for Mr. Jackson and blamed the children’s parents.
“I blame, I guess, the parents, who would allow their children to sleep with him,” she said. “Why would Michael need these little children dressed like him and in the shoes and the dancing and the hats?”
Her comments drew widespread criticism on social media. Shortly after the interview was published, the hashtag #CancelBarbraStreisand began trending on Twitter. Social media users criticized Ms. Streisand’s comments as tone-deaf and said they were tantamount to telling sexual assault survivors to just get over it.
Dan Reed, who directed “Leaving Neverland,” asked on Twitter whether pedophilia was tolerated in parts of the entertainment industry.
In a statement to The New York Times on Saturday, Ms. Streisand said she wanted to make it clear she did not side with Mr. Jackson but she reiterated her feelings about the children’s parents.
Barbra Streisand Early Life, Education, Childhood, and Parents
She was born in Williamsburg, Brooklyn, New York City, New York, USA. Her nationality is American and ethnicity is Ashkenazi Jewish. Her birth name is Barbara Joan Streisand. Her mother’s name is Diana Streisand and father’s name is Emmanuel Streisand. Her mother was a soprano singer but later she chose to become a school secretary while her father was a high school teacher.
Both her parents worked in the same school and this is how they met. Her parents married in the year 1930. In August 1943, her father passed away due to complications from an epileptic seizure. Then her mother re-married. She has an elder brother named Sheldon Streisand and a half-sister named Roslyn Kind. Roslyn is also a singer.
She studied at the Jewish Orthodox Yeshiva of Brooklyn. She was a bright student but her only complaint was she was an undisciplined student. Then she changed her school to Public School 89 in Brooklyn itself. Later on, she graduated from the Erasmus Hall High School and specialized in modern history, English, and Spanish. In 1959, she graduated from Erasmus Hall High School.
Barbra Streisand Music, Acting, and Career
- During her teenage years, she worked as a singer at a nightclub, after which she appeared in ‘Summer stock theatre’ and a number of ‘Off-Broadway productions like, ‘Driftwood’.
- In 1960, she moved to New York and sang in a number of prominent nightclubs like Bon Soir and the Blue Angel.
- In 1961, she made her debut on television with ‘The Tonight Show’ and sang Harold Arlen’s ‘A Sleeping Bee’. The same year she became a semi-regular on ‘PM East/PM West’, a late night talk show.
- In 1962, she rose to fame with the Broadway musical ‘I Can Get It For You Wholesale’ as ‘Miss Marmelstein’. She also started appearing as a guest on ‘The Tonight Show’.
- In 1963, her debut album titled ‘The Barbra Streisand Album’ was released by Columbia records which reached the eighth spot on the Billboard charts. The album was certified Gold.
- She received phenomenal success with the Broadway hit ‘Funny Girl’, premiered at the Winter Garden theatre in 1964. It also received great appreciation in 1966 at London’s Prince of Wales Theatre.
- In 1965, she appeared on the award-winning television special ‘My Name is Barbra’ which was released in conjunction with her studio album of the same title.
- In 1968, the Broadway hit ‘Funny Girl’ was made into a romantic musical film by director William Wyler, where she played the role of ‘Fanny Brice’, a Broadway and film star.
- From 1969 to 1972, she appeared in several musical comedies like ‘Hello, Dolly’ and ‘On a Clear Day You Can See Forever’ and other non-musical films like ‘The Owl and the Pussycat’ and ‘What’s Up Doc’.
- In 1971, she began recording more contemporary items for her albums and released ‘Stoney End’. The title track of the album became a major hit.
- She was named the most successful female singer in the U.S. in the 1970s as her songs frequently appeared on the pop charts.
- In 1972, she founded the production company, ‘Barwood Films’ and starred in the company’s first film ‘Up The Sandbox’, an American comedy directed by Irvin Kershner.
- Her role in the 1973 romantic drama film ‘The Way We Were’ earned her an Academy Award nomination and the title track of the film became her first number one single.
- In 1980, she released one of her most successful Grammy Award-winning albums ‘Guilty’. The title track of the same reached the number 3 position on the ‘Billboard Hot 100’ the same year.
- In 1991, a compilation of all her works including live performances, songs, and other unreleased material, was released in a four-disc edition titled’ Just for the Record’.
- After an eight-year hiatus from acting, she appeared in the 2004 comedy film ‘Meet the Fockers’, and later in its sequels ‘Meet the Parents’ and ‘Little Fockers’.
- In 2012, as a part of the ‘Barbra Live Tour’, she performed for three hours straight at the Barclays Center, Brooklyn. Some of the prominent guests present at the venue were Woody Allen, Michael Douglas, Donna Karen, and Ralph Lauren.
- In April 2016, it was reported that Streisand was in advanced negotiations to star in and produce the film, which will be directed by Barry Levinson and distributed by STX Entertainment. Two months later, the film's script had been completed and production was scheduled to begin in early 2017.
- In February 2018, the press reported that Barbra Streisand had her dear dog Samantha cloned; the pet had died in 2017, and her genetic material was used. The actress confirmed this information on her personal website and corrected several journalists’ headlines.
Awards and Achievements of Barbra Streisand
- In 1963, she won the Grammy Award in the categories, ‘Album of the Year’ and ‘Best Female Vocal Performance’ for ‘The Barbra Streisand Album’
- In 1964, she won the Grammy Award for ‘Best Female Vocal Performance’ for the album ‘People’.
- In 1969, she won the Academy Award and in 1970, the Golden Globe in the category, ‘Best Actress in a Leading Role’ for the movie, ‘Funny Girl.
- In 1977, she won the Academy Award in the category, ‘Best Original Song’ for ‘Evergreen’ from the movie ‘A Star is Born’. She also won the Golden Globe ‘Best Actress’ and ‘Best Original Song’ award and also bagged a Grammy Award for the track.
Who is Barbra Streisand husband?
Moving towards her personal life, Barbra Streisand is a married woman. She is married to James Brolin. He is an actor by profession. He is her second husband. The couple tied the knot on 1 July 1998, at Streisand’s estate in Malibu, California. They are also known as Hollywood’s’ power couples. They met for the first time at a dinner party. They went for their first date on 1 July 1996. So, their marriage date is the second anniversary of their first date.
Previously, she was married to Elliott Gould. They married on 21 March 1963 and has two children with her. A son named Jason Gould and a daughter named Molly Elizabeth Brolin. But due to some differences, the couple divorced in the year 1971.
Prior, she has had many affairs. She has been linked with Pierre Trudeau, Ryan O’Neal, Andre Agassi, Don Johnson, Richard Baskin, Kris Kristofferson, Jon Peters, and Peter Jennings.
How much money is Barbara Streisand worth?
As of 2019, Her net worth is estimated said $400 million easily making her one of the richest women in the entertainment industry. She lives on the lap of luxury. According to sources, Streisand owns a personal shopping arcade in her luxe oceanfront clifftop mansion in Malibu. She bought the property for $20 million and today, it is said to be valued at $200 million.
Body Measurements of Barbra Streisand
Observing her body statistics, She has a perfect height standing with 5 feet 4 inches tall and her total body weight is 119 lbs. She has a blue eye color with dyed blonde hair color. Her bra size 34C. Her other body information was not disclosed yet. In the case of disclosed, we will let you know.
Trivias About Barbra Streisand You Need To Know.
- Named the best-selling female singer of the 20th century. She has sold more than 68 million records, with 47 Gold, 28 Platinum and 13 Multi-Platinum.
- The first woman since the silent era to direct, produce, write and star in a feature film; she also sings [Yentl (1983)].
- She is allergic to horses.
- According to biographer Christopher Andersen, Streisand was banned from the White House by first lady Hillary Clinton after she discovered the superstar had stayed the night in March 1993 while she was out of town, visiting her father on his deathbed in Little Rock, Arkansas.