Facts About Becca Meyers
|Celebrated Name||Becca Meyers|
|Age||28 Years Old|
|Birth Name||Rebecca Meyers|
|Place Of Birth||Baltimore, Maryland, U.S|
|Mother||Maria Dachille Meyers|
|Father||Wade Mark Meyers|
|College / University||Franklin and Marshall College|
|Source of Wealth||Swimming career|
|Net Worth||$1 million|
|Height||5 feet and 3 inches|
|Eye Color||Dark brown|
|Links||Wikipedia Instagram Twitter|
Becca Meyers is a Paralympic swimmer of the United States who is professionally known as Becca Meyers. She was a member of the 2012 Paralympic Team and won a silver and bronze in London. She started to swim in 2000 at age six in Baltimore, Maryland whereas she was previously a club swimmer with Loyola Blakefield Aquatics for eleven years. She has also received a Best Female Athlete with a Disability ESPY Award in 2015 and 2017. She won gold in record time at the 2016 Summer Paralympics. Meyers has also competed at the 2009 Summer Deaflympics which was held in Taiwan. Moreover, Becca withdrew from the Paralympics after being denied her request for a personal care assistant on 20th July 2021.
Paralympic swimmer Becca Meyers leaves Team USA
Becca Meyers, a three-time Paralympic gold medalist swimmer, withdrew from the Tokyo games after being told she couldn't bring her personal care assistant to the competition. The Baltimore native said it was a "gut-wrenching decision" to leave, but insisted this move was necessary to advocate "for future generations of Paralympic athletes."
"I'm angry, I'm disappointed, but most of all, I'm sad not to be representing my country," Meyers said in a statement on Tuesday. "The USOPC has denied a reasonable & essential accommodation for me, as a deaf-blind athlete, to be able to compete in Tokyo," Meyers said. "The USOPC has approved me having a trusted PCA (my mom) at all international meets since 2017, but this time, it's different. With Covid, there are new safety measures and limits to non-essential staff in place, rightfully so, but a trusted PCA is essential for me to compete."
- Being a Paralympic swimmer of the United States.
- For winning three gold and one silver medal in Rio 2016.
What is Becca Meyers Real Name?
Becca Meyers took birth with the real name of Rebecca Meyers on 20th November 1994 in Baltimore, Maryland, U.S. She is American by nationality and American-white by ethnicity. Becca follows the Christian religion. Her present age is 26 which she celebrated back in 2020. Her race is white and her zodiac sign is Scorpio. Becca is the daughter of her mother, Maria Dachille Meyers, and her father Wade Mark Meyers. She has a brother, Timothy, and one sister, Elizabeth.
Moving to Meyers's academic qualification, she attended Notre Dame Prep and went on to graduate from Franklin and Marshall College in Lancaster, Pennsylvania where she studied History with a concentration in Disability Studies.
What does Becca Meyers do for a living?
- Becca kicks off her career being a club swimmer with Loyola Blakefield Aquatics for eleven years after which she joined North Baltimore Aquatic Club where Michael Phelps trained in 2012.
- Then she switched to Nation's Capital Swim Club located in Bethesda, MD, where she trains under Bruce Gemmell, Katie Ledecky's coach. She holds multiple world records in the S13 and S12 classes.
- The US announced in June 2021 that the 34 Paralympic swimmers would be going to the delayed 2020 Summer Paralympics in Tokyo.
- Becca withdrew from the Paralympics after being denied her request for a personal care assistant on 20th July 2021.
- Meyers has an outstanding record in her international career as she won 1 gold medal: 400M Freestyle, 1 silver medal: 200M Individual Medley, 2 bronze medal: 100M Freestyle and 100M Butterfly, Set 2 World Records: 400M Freestyle and 200M Individual Medley, Set 5 American Records: 400M Freestyle, 200M Individual Medley, 100M Freestyle, 50M Freestyle, and 100M Breaststroke during England World Para Swimming Championships in 2019 in London.
- She also won 1 gold medal: 400M Freestyle, 2 silver medals: 100M Butterfly and 100M Freestyle, 1 bronze medal: 100M breaststroke in the Mexico City, Mexico World Para Swimming Championships in 2017.
- During the Glasgow, Scotland IPC Swimming World Championships in 2015, she won 2 gold medals: 200M Individual Medley and 400M Freestyle, 1 silver medal: 100M Butterfly, Set 2 world records in the S13 classification: 200M Individual Medley and 400M Freestyle as well as she won 2 gold medals: 200M Individual Medley and 400M Freestyle, 2 silver medals: 100M Butterfly and 100M Freestyle in 2013 Montreal, Canada IPC Swimming World Championships.
- In 2011 Coimbra, Portugal 3rd World Deaf Swimming Championships, Becca gained 4 gold medals: 200M Freestyle, 400M Freestyle, 800M Freestyle, and 4x200M Freestyle Relay, Set world record in the 4x200M Freestyle Relay, Set deaf world championship record in 800M Freestyle and in 2009 Deaflympics Taipei, Taiwan she won a Bronze medal in the 4x200M Freestyle Relay, Set American record in the 4x200M Freestyle Relay.
Awards and Achievements
- USADF Sportsperson of the Year presented by USA Deaf Sports Federation
- ESPN ESPY Award winner Best Female Athlete with a Disability
- Team USA Female Paralympic Athlete of the Year Finalist
- Trischa Zorn Award presented by USA Swimming
- Team USA Finalist: Female Athlete of the Paralympic Games
- NCAA DIII Swimming and Diving Championships: placed 6th overall in the 1650y freestyle; named to the All-America Team
- ESPN ESPY award winner: Best Female Athlete with a Disability
- Women's Sports Foundation Sportswoman of the Year Nominee.
Is Becca Meyers Married?
Becca Meyers is an unmarried lady. She's strictly kept her personal and professional life separate. However, we can assume that the swimmer is currently focusing on her career as she has been recently gained fame and a major title. She is currently single. It seems that she is not comfortable keeping her personal life open to the public. Furthermore, Becca's sexual orientation is straight.
How much is Becca Meyers Net Worth?
Becca Meyers has a net worth of around $1 million as of 2021 whereas she has also a fine amount of salary which is also in thousands of dollars per year. She has not done endorsement work for any brands. She has reached great heights in her career already and she still has a lot more to do. Her major source of income is from her swimming career.
How tall is Becca Meyers?
Becca Meyers is 5 feet and 3 inches tall and her body weighs around 124 pounds. She is a beautiful lady who has good-looking brown hair and dark brown eyes color. She definitely has a pretty face and a magnetic personality which has cast a spell over her viewers over the years. Becca is athletic by body build.
Trivias About Becca Meyers You Need To Know.
- Becca won three gold and one silver medals in Rio 2016.
- She was also a member of the 2012 Paralympic Team, and won a silver and bronze in London.
- Meyers has also competed at the 2009 Summer Deaflympics which was held in Taiwan.
- She also clinched a bronze medal in the 4×200m freestyle relay event in the 2009 Summer Deaflympics.
- Since she was young she has used a cochlear implant, an electronic device that allows her to hear.