Last updated on August 25th, 2023 at 08:38 am
Facts About Belinda Bencic
|Celebrated Name||Belinda Bencic|
|Age||26 Years Old|
|Birth Name||Belinda Bencic|
|Place Of Birth||Flawil|
|Best Known For||Tennis player with high ranking at WTA.|
|Height||5 feet 9 inches|
|Hair Color||Light Brown|
|Net Worth||$2 million USD|
Belinda Bencic is a Swiss professional tennis player. Bencic has been one of the fab players of all time with Women's Tennis Association(WTA) ranking no. 7 in the world and No. 12 in 2019. Bencic has won three singles and two doubles titles on the WTA tour.
The No. 13 seed, Swiss Player Belinda Bencic Beat The US Open Title Defender, Naomi Osaka!
Recently, in the match held on September 2, 2019, the No. 13 seed player from Switzerland, Bencic defeated the defending champion, Naomi Osaka for the third time in their three meetings in 2019 to reach the U.S. Open quarterfinals on Sunday.
Bencic is scheduled to face No. 23 player, Donna Vekic on Wednesday's quarterfinals held on September 4, 2019. Bencic said that the upcoming match against Vekic cannot be bigger than against Osaka.
What is Belinda Bencic Famous for?
- Bencic is famous as the professional tennis player having a high Women's Tennis Association(WTA) ranking in the world.
When was Belinda Bencic born?
Belinda Bencic was born on March 10, 1997, in Flawil, Switzerland. Her birth name is. Her nationality is Swiss, however, she also holds the citizenship of Slovakia. Bencic belongs to White ethnicity while Pisces is her zodiac sign.
Bencic was born to Dana Bencic(mother) and Ivan Bencic(father). Her father was a professional hockey player and a recreational tennis player and while her mother was a mediocre person. She was raised along with her brother named Brian, who is also a tennis player.
Bencic started playing tennis at the age of two and began training with her father for one hour a day at the age of 4.
At the age of six, Bencic got a chance to get trained under the famous coach, Melaine Molitor along with Molitor's daughter Martina Hingis.
What is Belinda Bencic Doing As Her Profession: Tennis Player?
- Bencic started her junior tennis career after she began competing on the ITF Junior Circuit in 2010 at age of 13.
- With further more success in her career, Bencic became the world No. 1 junior in June earning the title of "ITF Junior World Champion".
- Bencic began her professional tennis career when she played for ITF Women's Circuit on March 2011.
- During the 2014 season, Bencic made her debut in Grand Slam at the Australian Open.
- At the end of the season, she was named the WTA Newcomer of the Year.
- Bencic's first big breakthrough came at the "2014 US Open", becoming the youngest quarterfinalist since Hingis in 1997.
- With entering in 2015, Bencic won her first two WTA titles in multiple matches at Indian Wells Open and Miami Open Bencic, including the Canadian Open.
- Bencic gained the biggest title of her career at the "Rogers Cup" the same year, beating six grand professional players of all time.
- At the Rosmalen Grass Court Championships, Bencic finished runner-up to Camila Giorgi.
- Moreover, she also played against several top tennis players including Eugenie Bouchard, Caroline Wozniacki, Sabine Lisicki, Ana Ivanovic, world No. 1 Serena Williams, and Simona Halep.
- Bencic made her debut for the Switzerland Fed Cup team in 2012 at the age of 14.
- Bencic played with Roger Federer in the Hopman Cup for over three years from 2017-19.
- Recently, Bencic defeated the defending champion, Naomi Osaka for the third time in their three meetings in 2019 to reach the U.S. Open quarterfinals on September 2, 2019.
- Bencic is compared to former world No. 1 Martina Hingis as both of the players has been coached by Hingis's mother.
Who is Belinda Bencic Dating/ Married: Personal Life?
The 22-aged, Bencic isn't married yet. Bencic is currently in a relationship with her boyfriend Martin Hromkovic. Hromkovic is from Slovakia who is 15 years older than her. He was also an athlete, a footballer.
The couple started dating in 2018 until Bencic exposed their relationship in an interview. Bencic's boyfriend, Martin is also her fitness trainer and also has been a great supporter in her career.
Before, Bencic was in a romantic relationship with Alexander Zverev.
What is the net worth of Belinda Bencic?
Belinda Bencic has an estimated net worth of $2 million. Keeping all of her hard work careers into consideration, Bencic has managed to amass a fortune of $5.4 million.
Bencic has earned around $1.6 million through her career as a tennis player as of 2019. Bencic was ranked as the highest-earning tennis player in February 2019. She won a title in the match held in Dubai and received $522,385.
Furthermore, she adds more to her fortune through several endorsement deals. Bencic has also managed to buy an expensive car, Mercedes Benz.
How tall is Belinda Bencic?
The famous tennis player, Bellinda Bencic has a well maintained athletic body physique. Bencic stands tall with a height of 5 feet 9 inches. Her body weighs around 139 lbs. Bencic has a fair complexion with light brown hair and brown eyes.
Trivias About Belinda Bencic You Need To Know.
- Bencic had made her top 10 debuts while she was just 18 years old.
- Bencic is compared to former world No. 1 Martina Hingis.