Facts About Ben Chilwell
|26 Years Old
|Benjamin James Chilwell
|Part of England who finished third in the UEFA 2018-19
|Place Of Birth
|Milton Keyness, England
|Redborne Upper School
|College / University
|1.78 m (5 ft 10 in)
|From New Zealand to England
|England, United Kingdom
Benjamin James Chilwell, professionally known as Ben Chilwell is an English professional football player. He plays as a defender. He currently plays for the English club Leicester City. He started his professional football career from Leicester in 2015. He played for Huddersfield Town on loan between 2015 and 2016.
He has represented England national teams at various age levels. He made his senior international debut in 2018. He was part of the England team that finished third in the 2018-19 UEFA Nations League.
The English defender has over 288k followers on his Instagram @benchilwell.
What is Ben Chilwell famous for?
- Part of England that finished third in the 2018-19 UEFA Nations League.
Where is Ben Chilwell From?
Ben Chilwell was born on 21 December 1996. His birth name is Benjamin James Chilwell. His birth place is in Milton Keynes in England. He holds English nationality. He belongs to white ethnicity. His father emigrated to England from New Zealand in 1993. Information about his parents and their occupation is not available.
Regarding his educational background, he attended the Redborne Upper School and Community College.
Ben Chilwell Career Timeline
- Ben Chilwell played youth football at several club academies. He played for Woburn Lions, Bletchley Youth, and Rushden & Diamonds before joining the Leicester City academy in 2010.
- He won the Leicester City Academy Player of the Year award at the end of the 2014-15 season.
- He made his first appearance for the first team during the 2015-16 pre-season.
- He was assigned shirt number 30.
- Chilwell made his professional debut on 27 October 2015 against Hull City in the League Cup. Leicester lost to Hull City on a penalty shootout.
- Leicester loaned Chilwell to the Championship club Huddersfield Town on a youth loan in November 2015. He would play for Huddersfield Town until 3 January 2016.
- He made his Huddersfield debut against Middlesbrough.
- Following his loan spell, he returned to Leicester and signed a new contract with the club on 28 July 2016. The new contract would keep him at the club until 2021.
- Chilwell made his Premier League debut on 26 December 2016 against Everton. They lost 0-2.
- He scored his first professional goal on 18 May 2017 in a 6-1 loss to Tottenham Hotspur.
- The young defender has been regularly featured for the club since the 2017-18 season.
Ben Chilwell International Career
- Ben Chilwell has represented the England national team at various age levels. He has represented the England U18, U19, U20, and U21 teams.
- He was called up to the England senior team in September 2018.
- He made his senior international debut on 11 September 2018 in a friendly match against Switzerland. He came on in as a substitute in the 79th minute.
- He made his first start for the senior team on 12 October in a goalless draw with Croatia in the UEFA Nations League A.
- He has yet to score a senior international goal.
Ben Chilwell Girlfriend
Ben Chilwell is unmarried. His sexual orientation is straight. He keeps his personal life private on social media. He might be dating a beautiful lady or he is single at present. He previously dated recruitment consultant Joanna Chimonides. She later starred in Love Island.
How Tall is Ben Chilwell?
Ben Chilwell stands at a height of 1.78 m i.e. 5 feet and 10 inches tall. He has an athletic body build. His eye color is hazel and his hair color is dark brown.
Ben Chilwell Salary
Ben Chilwell earns from his professional football career. He started his football career from Leicester City and has emerged as one of the promising talents in defense. He has signed a contract extension with Leicester City in July 2016. He would remain at the club until 2021. The top clubs in Europe are reportedly in talks with Leicester to land him a lucrative deal. His income comes from contracts, salaries, and bonuses. His salary and net worth are not available at present.
Trivias About Ben Chilwell You Need To Know.
- He plays as a left-back.
- He wears shirt number 3 at Leicester City.
- He was sent off for the first time in his career on 13 January after receiving two yellow cards within five minutes of each other in a goalless draw at Chelsea.
- He became the first England player to debut at his club ground since Paul Scholes at Old Trafford in 1997 when he made his senior international debut against Switzerland at the King Power Stadium in September 2018.