Last updated on August 6th, 2023 at 11:02 am
Facts About Bernardo Silva
|28 Years Old
|Bernardo Mota Veiga de Carvalho e Silva
|Place Of Birth
|2013-14 Segunda Liga Breakthrough Player of the Year, 2018-19
|Mota Veiga Silva
|Maria João Mota Veiga
|5 ft. 8 inches
|Source of Wealth
|Facebook Twitter Instagram
Bernardo Silva is a professional footballer who plays as a midfielder for Portugal national football team and the English club Manchester City. His shirt number is 20 at Manchester City and wears shirt number 11 for the Portugal national team. He started his youth career from Benfica in 2002 and began his professional career from the same club in 2013. He has also played for AS Monaco before joining Manchester City in 2017. He has won one Primeira Liga, one Taca de Portugal, and Taca da Liga titles during his tenure at Benfica, one Ligue 1 title with Monaco, and four Premier League, EFL Cup, two FA Community Shield, and one FA Cup with Manchester City. Individually, he is the recipient of the 2013-14 Segunda Liga Breakthrough Player of the Year and won several Player of the month awards with Benfica and Monaco.
Initially, he has represented Portugal at different age levels before making his senior debut in 2015. He was also a member of the Portugal 21 team that finished second in the 2015 UEFA European U21 Championship and third place in the 2017 FIFA Confederations Cup. He was chosen in Portugal's squads for the 2017 FIFA Confederations Cup, 2018 FIFA World Cup, 2019 UEFA Nations League Finals, and UEFA Euro 2020, winning the 2019 tournament on home soil while also being named as the Player of the Tournament.
Bernardo Silva famous for
- His playing style is compared to his fellow Manchester City teammate David Silva.
- During his youth career at Benfica, he was named 2013-14 Segunda Liga Breakthrough Player of the Year.
Early Life of Bernardo Silva
The full name of Bernardo Silva is Bernardo Mota Veiga de Carvalho e Silva. He was born on 10 August 1994. He was born to Mota Veiga Silva and Maria Joao Mota Veiga. His birthplace is Lisbon in Portugal. He holds Portuguese nationality. He follows Christianity and belongs to the White ethnicity. His star sign is Leo. He is the cousin of Portuguese right-back Matilde Fidalgo.
Career of Bernardo Silva
In 2002, at the age of eight, Silva joined the youth system of Benfica. Silva helped his team win the 2012-13 Portuguese Juniors Championship. He was promoted to the senior team in 2013. He made his debut for Benfica B in August 2013 in a Segunda Liga against Trofense. At Benfica, Silva helped Benfica to win a treble i.e. 2013-14 Primeira Liga, 2013-14 Taca de Portugal, and 2013-14 Taca da Liga. He was also named Segunda Liga Breakthrough Player of the Year in 2013-14 and SJPF Segunda Liga Player of the Month in October and December 2013 and January 2014.
Ligue 1 club signed Silva on a one-year loan deal in August 2014. He made his Monaco debut in the same month against Girondins de Bordeaux. Monaco made the loan move permanent in January 2015 for 15.75 million Euro. He helped Monaco to win the 2016-17 Ligue 1 title. He was named in the 2016-17 UNFP Ligue 1 Team of the Year.
English club signed Silva ahead of the 2017-18 season on a five-year deal for an undisclosed fee reported to be around 50 million Euro. Silva became the most of any City players appearing in 53 matches in all competitions. Silva became the key player in the City squad that won Premier League title with a record of 100 points. He also helped the club to win the 2017-18 EFL Cup and 2018 FA Community Shield.
With Manchester City, he won four Premier League, EFL Cup, two FA Community Shield, and one FA Cup. Additionally, he was the 2018-19 Manchester City Player of the Year and won the 2022 Manchester City Goal of the Season.
He won the treble with Manchester City in the 22-23 season while being a key figure in the team.
International Career of Bernardo Silva
Initially, Silva has represented Portugal at different age levels including Portugal's U19 and U21 teams. He made his debut for the senior team in 2015. Silva became one of the impressive players in the 2013 European U19 Championship, where his team reached up to the semi-finals. He also helped the Portugal U21 team to finish second in the 2015 European U21 Championship. Silva was left out of the Portugal squad that won the historical 2016 Euro Cup due to injury. Silva was also a member of the senior team that finished third in the 2017 FIFA Confederations Cup. He was also included in Portugal's squad for the 2018 FIFA World Cup in Russia. He was part of Portugal's squad that won the 2019 UEFA Nations League Finals on home soil while also being named as the Player of the Tournament. He was then named in Portugal's final squad for the delayed UEFA Euro 2020 tournament, appearing in all games of the eventual round of 16-exit to Belgium. He played his part in the 2022 World Cup in Qatar.
Who is Bernardo Silva's Girlfriend?
Looking at his personal life, Bernardo Siva is not married. However, the Portuguese star is not single. At present, he is in a romantic relationship with his beautiful girlfriend, Ines Tomaz who have been together for a long time. Ines Tomaz is a professional model, she attracted significant media attention when her relationship with Bernardo Siva went public. The pair have been together for roughly two years. They came into the public eye in May 2020. As of now, he announced his engagement to Ines Tomaz in May 2022, with both of them sharing a photo together of her accepting his ring and proposal. After their engagement, we believed that their wedding is definitely on the way. Any updates on his love life will be updated here soon.
Net Worth of Bernardo Silva
Bernardo Silva has earned really good fortune after joining Manchester City. At present, he has an estimated annual salary of £7.8 million. In 2015, Monaco signed him permanently for 15.75 million Euro. In July 2017, Manchester City signed a Portuguese international for a reported amount of 50 million Euro. As of 2023, the net worth of Bernardo Silva is estimated at around €16 million. In addition, his market value is in the region of €80 million. With these massive earnings, he is living a luxurious lifestyle.
How tall is Bernardo Silva?
Bernardo Silva stands at a height of 1.73m i.e. 5 feet and 8 inches tall. He has a bodyweight of 64kg. He has an athletic body build. His eye color is light brown and his hair color is dark brown. His sexual orientation is straight. His other body measurement such as chest size, biceps size, and waist size is still got to get revealed yet. Overall, he has got a healthy and balanced body where he frequently does exercises to maintain his body.
Bernardo Silva’s Transfer History
- He started playing football for the youth team of Benfica in 2002 and began his career at the club.
- In August 2014, he joined Monaco on a one-year loan deal.
- Following his impressive performances, in January 2015, Benfica signed him from Monaco for a transfer fee of €15.75 million.
- In July 2017, Manchester City signed him from Benfica for a reported amount of €50 million.
Awards and Achievements
- Won the 2013-14 Primeira Liga with Benfica.
- Won the 2013-14 Taca de Portugal with Benfica.
- Won the 2013-14 Taca da Liga with Benfica.
- Won the 2016-17 Ligue 1 with Monaco.
- Won the 2017-18, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22 Premier League with Manchester City.
- Won the 2018-19 FA Cup with Manchester City.
- Won the 2017-18, 2018-19, 2019-20, 2020-21 EFL Cup with Manchester City.
- Won the 2018, 2019 FA Community Shield with Manchester City.
- Won the 2019 UEFA Nations League with Portugal.
- Won the 2013-14 Segunda Liga Breakthrough Player of the Year.
- Won the October 2013, December 2013 & January 2014 SJPF Segunda Liga Player of the Month.
- Won the January 2017 UNFP Ligue 1 Player of the Month.
- Won the 2018-19 Manchester City Player of the Year.
- Won the 2022 Manchester City Goal of the Season.
- Won the 2019 Alan Hardaker Trophy.
- Won the 2019 UEFA Nations League Finals Player of the Tournament.
Trivias About Bernardo Silva You Need To Know.
- He started playing football at the age of 8.
- He is a diminutive, elegant, and creative left-footed playmaker, with a slender build, who is capable of playing in several attacking and midfield positions.
- He was part of Portugal's squad that won the 2019 UEFA Nations League Finals on home soil while also being named as the Player of the Tournament.
- He wears shirt number 20 for Manchester City.
- Won Treble with Manchester City.