Last updated on August 20th, 2023 at 06:08 pm
Facts About Billie Eilish
|21 Years Old
|Billie Eilish Pirate Baird O'Connell
|Place Of Birth
|Los Angeles, California
|Mixed (English, Irish, Scottish, Belgian)
|Best Known For
|For her debut single "Ocean Eyes"
|5 feet 8 inches
|Bra Cup Size
|$ 150 Thousand
|$ 5.1K - $ 81.7K per month and $ 61.3K - $ 980.5K annually
|Wikipedia, Instagram, Twitter
One of such teenagers who rose to fame is Billie Eilish. From a tender age, Eilish gained huge popularity in her music life and is still going strong in her career. In this section, we will talk about Billie Eilish’s wiki-bio including her dating rumors, net worth, career, and much more. So, scroll down for more information.
How did Billie Eilish get famous?
- As a singer, of whose Ocean Eyes and Bellyache are two popular singles.
- Being a child of songwriter Maggie Baird and actor Finneas O’Connell.
Billie Eilish explains the meaning behind new single ‘Wish You Were Gay’
Billie Eilish‘s new single ‘Wish You Were Gay‘ might prompt some questions about the story behind the track’s striking title and lyrics, but the rising star has already spoken about the deeper meaning behind the track. On her Instagram story in July last year, Eilish spoke directly to fans about the real-life events that inspired the track, along with an acoustic snippet of the then-unreleased music.
“I wrote this song about a guy that really was not interested in me and it made me feel horrible, so the song is called ‘Wish You Were Gay’,” she says in the video.
The song’s chorus includes the lyrics: “To spare my pride / To give your lack of interest an explanation / I’m not your type / Maybe I’m not your preferred gender orientation”. She clarifies in the 2018 video: “And that’s so not meant to be offensive in any way. It doesn’t mean that I wish he was like… it literally means I wish he was gay so that he didn’t like me for an actual reason, instead of the fact that he didn’t like me.”
Eilish continues to say that the boy in question did, in fact, come out as gay. “And guess what? He just came out to me like a couple of weeks ago. So I wrote the song and made him fuck a dude. I’m fucking proud, bro! Except not really though because I was really into him, like so into him, he’s so hot oh my God, he’s so attractive.”
The finished version of ‘Wish You Were Gay’ was released on March 4th. Her debut album ‘When We Fall Asleep, Where Do We Go?’ is due on March 29. Meanwhile, Eilish recently discussed how her experiences with crippling night terrors had shaped the sound of her debut album.
Where did Billie Eilish come from?
Billie Eilish born as Billie Eilish Pirate Baird O’Connell in Los Angeles, California, U.S. Her star sign is Sagittarius. As per her nationality, she is an American having a mixed (English, Irish, Scottish, Belgian) ethnic background.
Eilish was raised in Highland Park, Los Angeles by a family of musicians and actors. Both of her parents are actress-musician-screenwriter Patrick O’Connell and Maggie Baird.
Talking about her education, Eilish was homeschooled and enrolled the Los Angeles Children’s Chorus at age eight. Later three years, she began singing and writing her own songs. In fact, she was taught by her older brother Finneas O’Connell who was already producing as well as writing and performing his own songs with his band.
Billie Eilish Career and Achievements
- The song ‘Ocean Eyes’ was recorded in October 2015. It was initially meant for Billie’s dance classes. She handed over the song to her dance teacher and meant it to be featured in her next dance routine. The song turned out to be good, and the siblings decided that it must be upon the music-sharing platform ‘SoundCloud.’
- The song was uploaded on ‘SoundCloud’ in early 2016, and by March, the music video was released. The song shot up and registered more than 10 million hits within a short period of time. This success was unexpected and made way for many more versions. In November 2016, a music video with Billie dancing on the song was released. It turned out to be another success.
- Several major record labels came ahead to buy the rights for the song. The song was released worldwide by ‘Darkroom’ and’ Interscope Records.’ It immediately became a critical and commercial success. Toward the end of the year, Billie released another single, ‘Six Feet Under.’
- Inspired by the success of her debut single, ‘Ocean Eyes,’ Billie recorded four remixes of the song and compiled them all in an EP titled ‘Ocean Eyes.’ All the remixes became big hits and gave Billie enough courage to carry on with her future projects.
- In February 2017, Billie released the single, ‘Bellyache,’ which was produced and co-written by her brother. The music video for the song, directed by Miles and AJ, was released in March 2017.
- Billie then recorded a song titled ‘Bored,’ which was included in the official soundtrack of the famous ‘Netflix’ series ’13 Reasons Why.’ Two more singles, ‘Watch’ and ‘Copycat,’ were subsequently released. In July 2017, Billie announced her highly awaited debut EP, ‘Don’t Smile at Me.’
- Before the official release of the EP, she released two singles from the same, ‘My Boy’ and ‘Idontwannabeyouanymore.’ Leading up to the release of the EP, she added new songs every Friday. The EP was eventually released on August 12, 2017.
- The same year, she collaborated with Vince Staples and released a remix of her song ‘Watch,’ which was renamed ‘&Burn.’ In order to promote herself more, she embarked on a tour in January 2018. The tour ended in August 2018.
- She also collaborated with famous American singer Khalid and worked with him on a single titled ‘Lovely,’ which was released in mid-2018. The song became immensely popular and made the producers of ‘13 Reasons Why’ buy its rights and feature it in the second season of the series.
- In 2018, she released the singles ‘Bitches Broken Hearts,’ and ‘You Should See me in a Crown.’ There have been speculations about her debut album, which is supposed to be released sometime in 2018. Her brother has also confirmed the release of her debut studio album in the current year.
- On January 30, 2019, Eilish released the third single from her upcoming album When We All Fall Asleep, Where Do We Go?, "Bury a Friend". Her fourth single from the album, "Wish You Were Gay", was released on March 4, 2019.
Who Is Billie Eilish Dating?
Billie’s love life is full of confusion. She never mentioned having a boyfriend and yet tweets about dating. On this year’s Valentine’s Day (2018), she wished to her fans. Moreover, she said to continue breaking hearts. Here is another tweet of her:
"I start flirting then he starts talking about dating men shit LMAOObro I got 8 other dudes to please dis cant happen"
Well, her tweet hints to us about her dating perception. She is not in a relationship right now not because of being out of interest. We can see her flirting and fooling boys. However, she is maintaining her focus on building a career rather than starting an affair.
What is Billie Eilish Net Worth?
Eilish summons the majority part of her net worth through the music industry. Her single Lovely, with Khalid, garnered 59,000 Shazam tags, 7,000 downloads sold as well as 2.1 million U.S. streams in May 2018.
Apart, Billie owns a self-titled YouTube channel where she has over 2.7 million subscribers. Moreover, from the channel, she approximately makes $5.1K - $81.7K per month and $61.3K - $980.5K annually as salary.
Professionally active in the music industry since 2015, Elish has accumulated huge net worth. Billie has an estimated net worth of $150,000 as per the bio-wikis. However, Billie Eilish has not revealed the exact figure of her net worth. But looking at her successful career, her net worth is assumed to be no less than the seven-digit figure.
Billie Eilish Height, Weight, Size, and Body Measurements
Billie is decently tall possessing a height of 5 feet 8 inches and weighs about 126 lbs. Her skin is white toned, has naturally dark brown hair and blue eyes. Observing her body statistics, it measures 34-27-35 inches. Furthermore, she used to wear the 33B size of bra and 7 (US) size of shoe.
Trivias About Billie Eilish You Need To Know.
- Her debut EP Don't Smile at Me was released in August 2017.
- "Ocean Eyes" was released as Eilish's debut single on SoundCloud in 2016.
- In February 2018, Eilish embarked on the Where's My Mind Tour, which concluded in April 2018.
- At age 11, Eilish began writing and singing her own songs.