Billy Gilmour - Bio, Net Worth, Age, Parents, Height, Salary, Transfer
Billy Gilmour is a Scottish professional footballer. His playing position is a central midfielder. He is currently playing for Premier League club Brighton & Hove Albion and the Scotland national team. He spent three months at a young age with Celtic before moving to Rangers, where he developed in the club's academy and trained with the first-team squad at the age of 15. He then joined Chelsea in 2017 after turning down a professional contract with Rangers. In July 2021, Gilmour joined fellow Premier League club Norwich City on a season-long loan. On 1 September 2022, Gilmour transferred to fellow Premier League club Brighton & Hove Albion on a four-year deal. He has previously represented Scotland at under-16, under-17, and under-21 levels.
What is Billy Gilmour Famous for?
- Being a Scottish professional footballer.
- Playing for Premier League club Brighton & Hove Albion and the Scotland national team.
What is Billy Gilmour Nationality?
Billy Gilmour was born on 11th June 2001 at Ayrshire Central Hospital in Irvine, Ayrshire, Scotland, and resided in Ardrossan, North Ayrshire. His birth name is Billy Clifford Gilmour. As of 2022, he celebrated his 21st birthday. His father served with the Royal Navy and played junior football for Ardrossan Winton Rovers. Gilmour attended Stanley Primary School in Ardrossan and Grange Academy in Kilmarnock, where he was part of the Scottish Football Association (SFA) Performance School program. He listed Cesc Fàbregas, Luka Modrić and Andrés Iniesta as his football role models. He was born into a Christian religious family. He is Scottish as per his nationality and his ethnic background is Scottish-White.
Billy Gilmour Career Timeline
- Initially, he spent three months at a young age with Celtic.
- After that, he moved to Rangers.
- He made his debut for the under-20 development team in December 2016 at the age of 15.
- Rangers announced in May 2017 that they had reached an agreement for Gilmour to join Chelsea for a "significant fee".
- Reports suggested that Chelsea would pay an initial development fee of around £500,000, with potential further payments dependent on his progress.
- He became officially contracted to Chelsea in July 2017, following his 16th birthday.
- He joined the club's under-18 squad, making a goalscoring debut in an Under-18 Premier League match against Arsenal in September 2017.
- In July 2018, after turning 17, Gilmour signed his first professional contract with Chelsea.
- Chelsea manager, Frank Lampard gave Gilmour his senior debut on 10 July 2019, in a pre-season friendly against Bohemians in Dublin.
- His first appearance in a competitive matchday squad for the first team came in the 2019 UEFA Super Cup against Liverpool.
- He made his Premier League debut on 31 August against Sheffield United.
- He was added to the Chelsea first-team squad on a permanent basis in February 2020.
- He made 11 appearances for the Chelsea first team during the 2019–20 season.
- He took the 23 squad number for the 2020–21 season in September 2020.
- In July 2021, he joined fellow Premier League club Norwich City on a season-long loan.
- He played 28 times for Norwich during the 2021–22 season, but the team finished last in the 2021–22 Premier League and was relegated.
- In June 2022, Chelsea exercised an option to extend Gilmour's contract to the end of the 2023–24 season.
- On 1 September 2022, he transferred to fellow Premier League club Brighton & Hove Albion on a four-year deal.
Billy Gilmour International Career
- Billy Gilmour played for the Scotland under-16s in the 2016 Victory Shield tournament.
- He made his Scotland under-17 debut against Italy in August 2017 and scored his first international goal in a 2–1 defeat against England two days later.
- Moreover, he made his Under-21 debut against France at the 2018 Toulon Tournament winning the Revelation of the Tournament award after helping Scotland to a fourth-placed finish.
- He was included in Scotland for UEFA Euro 2020 by Steve Clarke.
- He made his full international debut on 2 June 2021 against the Netherlands.
- He then tested positive for COVID-19, meaning that he missed Scotland's final group game against Croatia.
- He remained in the squad for Scotland's continuing 2022 World Cup qualifiers in September, starting all five games against Denmark, Moldova, Austria, Israel, and the Faroe Islands.
Honors, Awards, and Achievements
- U18 Premier League: 2017–18
- FA Youth Cup: 2017–18
- UEFA Champions League: 2020–21
- FA Cup runner-up: 2020–21
- Chelsea Academy Player of the Year: 2019–20
Who is Billy Gilmour's Girlfriend?
Billy Gilmour is currently single and he is not dating anyone at the moment. He is living his single life happily without any disturbances. He is currently focusing on his career rather than being in a romantic relationship. His sexual orientaiton is straight and he is not gay.
How much is Billy Gilmour's Net Worth?
Billy Gilmour is a successful footballer with a net worth of €4.5 Million (£4 Million) as of 2022. In 2022, Gilmour will earn a base salary of £2,250,000, while carrying a cap hit of £2,250,000. His main source of wealth comes from his football career. He is living a cool lifestyle as of today. Previously, he was under a 4-year / £9,000,000 contract with Chelsea F.C., which includes an annual average salary of £2,250,000. He earned £2,250,000 each from the previous two seasons, 2019-20 and 2020-21. He has an endorsement deal with Adidas and is seen promoting the brand on his socials. His current market value is €12 Million as of June 2022.
How tall is Billy Gilmour?
Billy Gilmour is a handsome footballer with an athletic body type. He stands at a tall height of 1.70 m. His body weight consists of 60 Kg. Overall, he has got a healthy body with a charming personality attracting a lot of people towards him. His hair color is light brown and his eye color is brown.
Trivias About Billy Gilmour You Need To Know.
- He is a Scottish footballer.
- His playing position is central midfielder.
- He spent three months at a young age with Celtic.
- He was born at Ayrshire Central Hospital in Irvine, Ayrshire, Scotland.