Biniam Girmay - Bio, Net Worth, Salary, Wife, Eritrean cyclist, Height
There are many industries available in the world. Among them, the sports industry is one. Many people were engaged and got instant popularity as per their skills in the sectors. Also, sports lead to us being healthy. Today, we are talking about the sports celebrity who has made many records at a young age. He is not other than the young and handsome guy, Biniam Girmay. He began his cycling career in 2018. He currently rides for UCI WorldTeam Intermarché–Wanty–Gobert Matériaux. During his short span of time, he has participated in many tours and competitions and also won the majority. Do you know that he became the first Black African cyclist to win a Grand Tour stage at the 2022 Giro d’Italia? To know more about him, you can read the below article.
What is Biniam Girmay Famous For?
- A professional Eritrean road cyclist.
- The first Black African cyclist to win a Grand Tour stage.
Who are the parents of Biniam Girmay?
Biniam Girmay was born in 2000 to his parents and was later named Biniam Girmay Hailu. Currently, he is 22 years old and his birthdate is April 02. He is from Asmara, Eritrea, and holds Eritrean nationality. He belongs to the African ethnicity and his race is Black. However, his birth sign and religious views are currently unknown.
Similarly, his parents, siblings, and academic details are yet to be disclosed. Further, his father is an avid supporter of his craft and the art of cycling.
How did Biniam Girmay become a cyclist?
- Biniam Girmay began his cycling career through the World Cycling Centre in 2018 after discovering the cycling of his cousin, Meron Teshome.
- That year, he won the first stage of Aubel–Thimister–Stavelot, beating out favorite Remco Evenepoel.
- After a year, he won the third stage in a sprint of the La Tropicale Amissa Bongo, his first professional victory with the Eritrea national team.
- His success continued, winning stage 5 of the Tour of Rwanda in a sprint against experienced riders, including Joseph Areruya and Daniel Turek.
- In 2020, he joined UCI ProTeam Nippo–Delko–One Provence where he finished second in the Trofeo Laigueglia and the Tour du Doubs.
- In 2021, he finished second in the under-23 road race at the UCI Road World Championships and became the first black African rider to achieve a podium finish in the history of the UCI Road World Championships.
- In 2022, he won the breakaway and became the first African winner of a classic cycle race.
- The same year, he rode his first Grand Tour at the Giro d'Italia and made history as he became the first Black African cyclist to win a stage at a Grand Tour.
- While celebrating his win at the podium, the wine cork hit his left eye at full speed, and was sent to him the hospital for treatment.
- He later abandons the Giro to let his eye injury fully heal.
Is Biniam Girmay married or not?
Biniam Girmay was happily married to her long-term girlfriend. However, his wife's name and their marriage details are yet to be disclosed. Together, the couple blessed a daughter named Leila. Currently, the pair lives blissful life with their children. Further, his previous dating history or extra-marital affairs details are currently unknown.
How much does Biniam Girmay make?
Biniam Girmay has been active in the sports industry as a cyclist for a long time. He has done several Grand Tours in the cycle and won it as well. Thus, he probably has earned the sum of a decent amount of money throughout his career. Based on some online sites, his current estimated net worth is said to be €1 million and his salary is somewhere around €300K. His further financial details are yet to be disclosed.
How tall is Biniam Girmay?
Biniam Girmay has an athletic body with a height of 6 feet 0 inches. He has a body weight of 70 Kg. Similarly, his eyes are dark brown and his hair color is black. His further body information is yet to be disclosed. In the case of disclosure, we will let you know.
Trivias About Biniam Girmay You Need To Know.
- He became the first Black African cyclist to win a Grand Tour stage.
- He currently rides for UCI WorldTeam Intermarché–Wanty–Gobert Matériaux.
- He suffered a hemorrhage in his eye after the cork hit him in his left eye.
- He married a young age.