Bob Dylan - Bio, Net Worth, Famous, Band, Songs, Albums, Tour, Concerts, Tour Dates, Awards, Movie, Wife, Children, Death, Age, Height, Facts, Wiki
One of the major figures of the folk and pop music movement in the United States, Bob Dylan is not just a singer or songwriter, he is an institution in himself. With a career spanning over five decades, he has been the darling of generations of music lovers. Maybe that’s why he refuses to associate his name with the music of any particular generation.
Breaking into the folk music scenario during the 1960s, he strived to make not just enjoyable, foot-tapping music but endeavored to create social and political awareness through the lyrics of his songs. A rebel, he was not someone to conform to the existing norms of popular music of his era.
Instead, he chose to experiment with his music and lyrics and revolutionized the genre of pop as well as folk music. He is a versatile singer though his biggest contribution to the world of music is considered to be his songwriting. His songs revolve around the issues facing the common man, be they social, political, or philosophical. The musician also loves to paint and his works have been displayed in major art galleries. Let's know more about him through this article.
What is Bob Dylan famous?
- An American singer-songwriter, author, and visual artist.
When was Bob Dylan born?
Recalling his early life, Bob was born as Robert Allen Zimmerman to Abram Zimmerman and Beatrice Stone in Minnesota where he was raised in a close-knit Jewish community. He loved music from a young age and spent hours listening to the radio.
Similarly, he is American by nationality and belongs to White ethnicity. Further, his birth sign is Gemini.
When was Bob Dylan educated?
Concerning his education, Bob attended Hibbing High School and as a student played with many bands. He enrolled at the University of Minnesota in 1959. While in university he started performing at coffee houses and became active in the Dinkytown folk music circuit.
When did Bob Dylan begin his music career?
- After quitting college in 1960 he went to New York City in 1961 to pursue a career in music. He started playing at clubs and explored the music scenario.
- His eponymous debut album, ‘Bob Dylan’ was released in 1962. It contained folk songs and two of his compositions. The album did not do well.
- The next album he released, The Freewheelin Bob Dylan (1963) became a big hit in both the United States and the United Kingdom. The album was a combination of protest songs, love songs, and blues with social messages which greatly appealed to the audience and popularized the singer.
- Over the 1960s, he became immensely popular both as a songwriter and a singer. During this time he also actively became involved in the civil rights movement. One of his biggest hits, the single, Like a Rolling Stone was released in 1965 which peaked at no. 1 in the UK charts.
- In the 1970s, he ventured into films and starred in the 1973 Western drama Pat Garrett and Billy the Kid. He also composed and sang several songs for the film. The film, however, was a failure at the box office.
- He embarked on a year-long world tour in 1978 in which he was accompanied by an eight-piece band and three backing singers. He performed concerts in Japan, Europe, and the US, giving a total of 114 shows. This tour earned him more than $20 million.
- Over the 1980s, he took to touring more and often collaborated with other musicians and bands. He toured extensively with Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers from 1986-87. Some of his biggest albums of the period include Infidels (1983), Knocked Out Loaded (1986) and Oh Mercy (1989).
- He continued performing throughout the 1990s though he was no longer one of the top musicians. But he surprised his dissenters by producing the album, Time Out of Mind in 1997 which went on to win three Grammy Awards including Album of the Year award.
- The prolific singer continued releasing albums, touring and performing stage shows well into the 2000s even though now he was in his sixties. Ever the music lover, he still keeps active and released the album Tempest in 2012.
- In October 2019, His touring company indicated that he would play 14 concerts in Japan in April 2020.
Who is Bob Dylan's wife?
Reflecting on his personal life, Bob married Sara Lownds in 1965 and had four children with her. He also adopted Sara’s daughter from a previous relationship, Maria. The couple divorced in 1977.
He formed a relationship with the singer Carolyn Dennis which resulted in the birth of a daughter. He married Carolyn in 1986. This marriage too ended in divorce in 1992. His present marital status is yet to be disclosed.
What is Bob Dylan's net worth?
Being a part of the music industry, Bob earns an impressive amount of money and fame through his profession as a singer and writer. Based on some online reports, his estimated net worth said to be $200 million at present. However, his salary and assets details are yet to be disclosed.
How tall is Bob Dylan?
Observing his body statistics, Bob stands a height of 5 feet 7½ inches and weighs around 67 Kg. Similarly, he has a pair of blue eyes and salt and pepper hair color. He used 8 (US) shoe size. Further, his other body information is yet to be disclosed. In the case of disclosed, we will let you know.
Trivias About Bob Dylan You Need To Know.
- He is a versatile singer though his biggest contribution to the world of music is considered to be his songwriting.
- His songs revolve around the issues facing the common man, be they social, political, or philosophical.