Last updated on June 25th, 2023 at 04:17 am
Facts About Bob Lee
|Celebrated Name||Bob Lee|
|Birth Name||Bob Lee|
|Place Of Birth||America|
|Brothers||Tim Oliver Lee|
|Children||Scout Lee and Dagny Lee|
|Cause Of Death||Stabbed and Death|
|Death Date||4th April 2023|
|Net Worth||$10 million|
|Source of Wealth||Entrepreneur Career|
Bob Lee was a prominent American angel investor, entrepreneur, and start-up advisor, known for creating the "Cash App" and his contribution to the development of the Android operating system for smartphones. He also described himself as "Crazy Bob" and contributed to the development of the mobile app for the World Health Organization during the Covid-19 pandemic. Lee's career started at Google as a software engineer, and he also held positions at Square (formerly known as Block), SpaceX, and several other companies. As a limited partner for SignalFire and SV Angel, and advisor and Head of Software at PreDxion Bio, Inc., Lee made significant contributions to the tech industry. He was married to Krista Lee at the time of his death.
His contributions to Square and Cash App were instrumental, according to Twitter co-founder Jack Dorsey. The Cash App is an app that helps transfer money from one person to another and is currently accessible in the US and UK. As of September 2021, the app had around 70 million annual transacting users and gross profits of $1.8 billion. However, on April 4th, 2023, Bob Lee passed away after being lethally stabbed by an unknown person in San Francisco's Rincon Hill neighborhood. Despite the San Francisco police's efforts to take him to the hospital, he was unable to survive the fatal wounds. The police are currently investigating the case, but there is no news about any arrests yet.
When was Bob Lee born?
Bob Lee, an American software developer and entrepreneur, was born in the United States in the year 1980. He identified as American-White ethnicity and he held American citizenship. He practiced Christianity when it comes to his religion. He had a younger brother named Tim Oliver Lee. Lee celebrated his 43rd birthday in 2023 before his untimely death. Bob had not stated the name of his parents to the media.
While there is limited information about his education, it is known that Lee had a keen interest in technology from a young age. He pursued a degree in computer science from one of the top universities in the United States and became a skilled programmer. After completing his education, Lee began his career in web development and went on to make significant contributions to the tech industry.
Bob Lee Career Timeline
- Bob Lee, a prominent software developer, and entrepreneur, had a career that spanned over two decades. He began his career in web development, working at Redrock Communication, Southeast Missouri State University, and D’Arcy. In 2001, he became a consultant at Ajilon Consulting and FiveSight Technologies and Plateau, where he worked as a self-employed professional.
- In 2003, Lee joined AT&T as a Technical Architect for over a year before joining Google in October 2004. He spent five years with the tech giant and played a significant role in the development of Android and Guice. In 2010, he was hired by Square Inc as the Chief Technology Officer (CTO), where he oversaw the development of Cash App, a popular money transfer application.
- After leaving Square in 2014, Lee focused on personal businesses, investing in major startups and becoming a Limited Partner of SV Angel. He founded Present, a social media company, in 2015 and served as its CEO until his passing. He also served as an advisor to PreDixon Bio and MobileCoin, where he worked as a Chief Product Officer in 2021.
- Bob Lee's impact on the tech industry cannot be quantified, as he made remarkable advancements to the Java and Android platforms, and also founded and invested in innovative startups. His passing at the young age of 43 was a significant loss to his loved ones and the entire tech community.
Who was Bob Lee married to?
Bob Lee was married to his beautiful wife, Krista Lee, and together they had two children (daughters) named Scout Lee and Dagny Lee. His family was hit hard by his untimely death, and his passing was a great loss to them. Lee was known to be a dedicated family man, and he often spoke about how much he valued spending time with his wife and children. He was an inspiration to many in the tech industry for how he balanced his successful career with his commitment to his family.
The news of Lee's death shocked the tech community and his family and friends. The cause of his death is not yet known, but his passing was felt by many who knew him. Lee was remembered for his contributions to the tech industry, as well as his kindness, generosity, and his love for his family. He will be greatly missed by all who knew him.
How did Bob Lee die?
Bob Lee, the founder of Cash App, died on April 4th, 2022, at the age of 43, after being stabbed in San Francisco, California. The incident occurred in the Rincon Hill neighborhood at around 2:35 a.m. Lee was visiting the area for business and had to stay for an extra day. The police received a call from the 300 block of Main Street and found Lee with multiple stab wounds. He was transported to a nearby hospital with life-threatening injuries but ultimately passed away due to his severe injuries. The police have yet to make any arrests or release any information about the suspects. They have asked anyone with information to contact the San Francisco Police Department's 24-hour Tip Line.
Bob Lee's family and friends, including MobileCoin CEO Joshua Goldbard, expressed their grief after his death. Goldbard stated that Lee was a "force of nature" and helped create Android and Cash App. He also shared that Moby, a privacy-protecting wallet, was Lee's dream for the 21st century. Lee's father confirmed his son's death on Facebook and thanked those who had reached out to offer support. Tim Oliver Lee, Bob Lee's brother, also shared a post on Facebook, saying that he had lost part of himself and that Bob was "the best of us."
How much was Bob Lee's net worth?
Bob Lee was a highly successful software developer and entrepreneur who made significant contributions to the tech industry. Lee was the founder of the "Cash App" and served as the Chief Technology Officer of Square, a payment processing company. He also worked at Google in the 2000s and played a key role in the development of Android, the world's most widely-used mobile operating system. Lee was known for his expertise in software engineering and his ability to identify and invest in groundbreaking startups. He was also the Chief Product Officer of MobileCoin, a cryptocurrency company. At the time of his death, Lee had an estimated net worth of $10 million, a testament to his exceptional career in the tech industry.
His legacy in the tech industry is immeasurable. He made significant contributions to the development of the Java and Android platforms, and his investments in innovative startups like Clubhouse and SpaceX helped to shape the future of technology. He was widely respected for his technical expertise, his business acumen, and his commitment to innovation. His passing is a great loss to the tech community, but his contributions to the industry will continue to be felt for many years to come.
Trivias About Bob Lee You Need To Know.
- Bob described himself as "Crazy Bob".
- His contributions to Square and Cash App were instrumental, according to Twitter co-founder Jack Dorsey.
- He had a younger brother named Tim Oliver Lee.
- He began his career in web development, working at Redrock Communication, Southeast Missouri State University, and D’Arcy.