Bob Ley - Bio, Net Worth, Salary, Bob Lee, ESPN, Retires, Retirement, Retires after 40 years, Emmy, Beard, Wife, Children, Family, Age, Height, Wiki
Bob Ley is a prominent American sports anchor and reporter who is known best for his remarkable work for ESPN. Bob Ley net worth is known to have been amassed from his remarkable career in the shows like SportsCenter, Outside the Lines, and more. The very talented and renowned Bob Ley bio is given below.
What is Bob Ley known for?
- An American sports anchor and reporter for ESPN.
- A multiple Emmy Award-winner.
ESPN anchor Bob Ley retires after 40 years
Bob Ley, a fixture at ESPN since the network's launch 40 years ago, has decided to step away.
The 64-year-old Ley announced his retirement Wednesday. He said during a phone interview that he made the decision late last month and started calling close friends and colleagues Tuesday with the news.
Ley had been on sabbatical since last September. He was supposed to return in March but told the network he needed more time.
"The company was understanding and I couldn't have asked for more," Ley said. "It was a constant process. When you step away and reassess things, life assumes a different contour where it is not to-the-second deadlines ruling your life and sometimes a personality.
"There's a heavy emotional component to all of it, but I am managing it."
Where is the birthplace of Bob Ley?
Back to his early life, Bob Ley was born as Bob A. Ley in Newark, New Jersey, the U.S. He spent most of his childhood days in Bloomfield, New Jersey. He is American by nationality and belongs to the white ethnic group. There is no such viable on the internet about his parents.
Talking about his education, Bob Ley received his education from Bloomfield High School. Ley went onto attend Seton Hall University. He went onto graduate magna cum laude with a Bachelor of Arts degree in Communications. Bob Ley had already begun his journalism career while he was at Seton Hall. He joined WSOU as a sportscaster and program director.
When did Bob Ley pursue his journalism career?
- Ley joined ESPN on September 9, 1979. In 1980, he hosted the first televised NCAA Selection Show, though the airing would switch to CBS two years later.
- Starting in 1990, Ley hosted ESPN's investigative program Outside the Lines. He hosted SportsCenter for much of his career at ESPN, and on August 9, 2004, he hosted an "old school" edition with longtime broadcasting partner Charley Steiner.
- Ley was the primary studio host for ESPN's telecasts of major international professional soccer tournaments, including the 2010 FIFA World Cup, the 2011 FIFA Women's World Cup, the 2012 UEFA European Championship and the 2016 UEFA European Championship.
- During the Night of 1000 Stars, Grantland.com's Men in Blazers, Michael Davies and Rog Bennett, presented Ley with the first Men In Blazers Golden Blazer for lifetime services to American soccer.
- During the presentation of the Golden Blazer, the Men in Blazers showed footage of Ley's anchoring of SportsCenter and presenting highlights of the United States men's national soccer team qualifying for the 1990 FIFA World Cup in Italy. It was the first time the USMNT qualified for the FIFA World Cup since 1950.
- On September 7, 2014, in recognition of ESPN's 35th anniversary as a cable network, he was honored as one of 19 "ESPN Originals", employees who have been with the network from the beginning.
- Ley took an indefinite sabbatical from his ESPN hosting duties starting on October 1, 2018. On June 26, 2019, Ley announced his retirement from ESPN, effective at the end of the month.
Is Bob Ley married? Who is his wife?
Reflecting his personal life, Bob Ley is a family man. He is happily married to his long-time wife, Barbara Ley. Though the details about their dating life and wedding date are still unknown, they are said to be together since the early 70s. The couple has two children together.
Until the present days, The couple lives blissful life without no rumors. There have been no reports about his past affairs and girlfriends. Ley has been working for ESPN for more than 35 years.
How much net worth Bob Ley owns?
The longest-tenured employ racks up a stupendous amount of salary from ESPN. His current deal sees him earn $4 million as an annual salary. His humongous salary helps him to get net worth to staggering $16 million at present.
Moreover, he is also considered as one of the most successful sports anchor and news reporter. Hardworking personality Ley has motivated youths towards making a career in news reporting.
How tall is Bob Ley?
Allocating information from some online sources, Ley's height shown to be 1.68m and weighs around 69 Kg. His other body information is yet to be disclosed. In the case of disclosed, we will let you know.
Trivias About Bob Ley You Need To Know.
- He is Well-known for his soccer coverage, anchoring coverage of events like the 2010 and 2014 FIFA World Cup.
- During 35th anniversary of ESPN cable network on 7th September 2014, Ley was honored for his contribution to ESPN network from the beginning.
- He won Emmy Awards eight times for his work in Sports Journalism.