Facts About Bobby Finke
|23 Years Old
|Robert Christian Finke
|Place Of Birth
|Won a gold medal for the United States in the 2020 Tokyo Olympics Men's 800 m freestyle
|Autumn Syke and Ariel Summer
|Countryside High School
|University of Florida State
|Co-SEC Freshmen Swimmer of the Year in 2019
|1.85 m (6 ft 1 in)
|172 lbs (78 kg)
|Source of Wealth
|Swimming (contracts, prize money, bonuses, endorsements)
Robert Christian Finke, popularly known as Bobby Finke is an American swimmer. Finke won a gold medal for the United States in the 2020 Summer Olympics Men's 800 m freestyle, his highest achievement to date. It is his first-ever Olympics appearance and first-ever Olympics gold medal as well. He has competed in the men's 1500 m freestyle at the 2017 World Aquatics Championships. Finke currently swims for the University of Florida. He previously swam for Coach Fred Lewis on the Saint Petersburg Aquatics club team.
What is Bobby Finke Famous For?
- Won a gold medal for the United States in the 2020 Summer Olympics Men's 800 m freestyle.
Where is Bobby Finke From?
Bobby Finke was born on 6 November 1999. His birth name is Robert Christian Finke. His birth place is in Tampa, Florida in the United States. He holds an American nationality. He was born to his father, Joe Finke, and his mother Jeanne Finke. He comes from a family with a swimming background. He has two older sisters, Autumn Syke and Ariel Summer.
Bobby Finke Career
- Coming from a family of swimming background, Bobby Finke started swimming at an early age.
- Finke broke Florida Age Group State Championships (Flag) 800 m freestyle meet record with a time of 8:25:20.
- He then set the 1500 m freestyle meet record with a time of 15:56:82.
- He won the USA Swimming Open Water Junior under 18 Nationals.
- He attended Countryside High School.
- During this, he started swimming for St. Petersburg Aquatics under coach Fred Lewis.
- While in high school, he became a Team USA World Championship qualifier at FINA in 2017.
- He finished second at the 2018 Phillips 66 National Championships in the 1,500 m freestyle with a swim of 14:55:34.
- He swam the third-fastest time in the 1,500 m freestyle at the 2018 Pan Pacific Championships with a time of 14:48:79.
- He was named two-time NISCA All-American and two-time USA Swimming Scholastic All-America.
- He also became the Florida Swimming and Diving 4A State Champion in several events.
- He was ranked the No. 18-ranked recruit overall, No.1 out of the state of Florida in the 2018 class.
- After high school, he attended the University of Florida.
- He helped the Florida Gators swimming and diving men's team to score maximum points in their 2019, 2020, and 2021 Conference Championship meets.
- He is currently coached by Anthony Nesty.
- He earned numerous accolades at the University of Florida.
- He helped the Gators to win SEC Championships in 2019 and in 2020.
- For his outstanding performance for the Gators, he was selected to All-American four times, All-SEC First Team in 2020, SEC Academic Honor Roll in 2020, All-SEC First-Team in 2019, and SEC All-Freshman in 2019.
- He was also named Co-SEC Freshmen Swimmer of the Year in 2019.
- He holds an American as well as an NCAA and SEC 1650 m freestyle record with a time of 14:12:08.
- He holds NCAA 1650
- He finished first in the 800m freestyle at the 2020 US Olympic Team Trials in 2021. With the win, he qualified for the Tokyo Olympics 2020.
- He also qualified for the 1500 m freestyle.
- He won his first-ever Olympics gold medal in the Men's 800 m freestyle with a time of 7:41:87.
Who is Bobby Finke Girlfriend?
Bobby Finke is not married yet. However, the American swimmer is not single. He is dating Ellie Zweifel. His girlfriend Zweifel is also an athlete and professional swimmer. They both attend the University where they first met.
How Tall is Bobby Finke?
Bobby Finke stands at a height of 1.854 m i.e. 6 feet and 1 inch tall. He has a body weight of around 172 lbs i.e. 78 kg. He has an athletic body build. His eye color is brown and his hair color is blonde. His sexual orientation is straight.
What is Bobby Finke Net Worth?
Bobby Finke earns from his professional career as a swimmer. Still, in his college years, he has already won an Olympics gold medal at the 2020 Tokyo Olympics. The young promising talent will surely land lucrative sponsorship deals in the near future. His net worth is not available at present.
Trivias About Bobby Finke You Need To Know.
- His mother swam for Ball State University.
- His father is a swim coach with Saint Petersburg Aquatics.
- Both of his sisters also swam for the University of Florida and Florida State University respectively.
- He was best friends with Joshua McQueen at St. Petersburg Aquatics.
- He was one of 53 swimmers representing the US team at the 2020 Tokyo Olympics.