Bonnie Wright - Bio, Net Worth, Husband, Age, Facts, Height, Family
Bonnie Wright is an English actress, film director, and model who is best known for his role as Ginny Weasley in the Harry Potter film series, based on the Harry Potter novel series by British author J.K. Rowling. She made her professional acting debut in Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (2001), portraying the role for ten years until the final film, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows – Part 2 (2011). Next, she appeared in a string of independent films, including Before I Sleep (2013), The Sea (2013), and After the Dark (2014). She made her stage debut as the lead in Peter Ustinov's The Moment of Truth at the Southwark Playhouse in 2013. She founded her own production company, BonBonLumiere, and began to produce short films. Her first directorial project was the coming-of-age drama Separate We Come, Separate We Go (2012). She directed Know Thyself (2016), and Sextant (2016). She has also directed music videos for artists Sophie Lowe, Pete Yorn, and Scarlett Johansson. She is also an ambassador for the charities Greenpeace and Lumos. In 2007, she gave her voice to an episode in the Disney Channel’s comedy animated series The Replacements to the character named Vanessa.
Harry Potter's Bonnie Wright famous for
- Being an actress and filmmaker.
- For his role of Ginny Weasley in the Harry Potter film series which is based on the fantasy novels by author J. K. Rowling.
Where is Bonnie Wright from?
Bonnie Wright was born on 17th February 1991 with the birth name of Bonnie Francesca Wright. She is from London, England. Her nationality is British and her ethnicity is mixed(English and Irish). She is the second child of Sheila Teague (mother) and Gary Wright (father). Her dad owns the jewelry company Wright & Teague and her mum owns a jewelry company, Wright & Teague. She has an older brother whose name goes by Lewis. Aquarius is her zodiac sign and her religion is Christian. She celebrated her 31st birthday as of 2022. She attended Prior Weston Primary School and then King Alfred School in North London. While on set, Wright kept up with her studies with the help of a tutor and attained three A-levels in art, photography, and design technology. During the filming of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows in 2009, she attended the University of the Arts: London College of Communication in London and graduated with a Bachelor of Arts degree in 2012 to study as Film and Television Production Manager in order to give continuity to her acting career.
Bonnie Wright Career Timeline
- Bonnie Wright auditioned for the role of Ginny Weasley in Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone because her brother reminded her of the character.
- She then appeared in her debut film Harry Potter and Philosopher’s Stone(2001) at the age of 9 and continued in all the eight series of Harry Potter in which her screen time was gradually increased.
- She reprised her role the following year in Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets.
- In 2002 and 2004, she co-starred in two television films: Stranded (2002), a period piece, and Agatha Christie: A Life in Pictures (2004).
- She had supporting roles in the successive releases of Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban and Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, released in 2004 and 2005.
- Also, she was seen in Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (2007) and also guest-starred on the Disney Channel's The Replacements.
- She voiced Vanessa in the second-season premiere titled "London Calling". After that, she appeared in Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince in 2009.
- In Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows – Part 1 and Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows – Part 2, Wright reprised her role for the final time.
- She has also provided the voice of Ginny in the video game versions of Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, and Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows – Part 1.
- She is one of the thirteen actors who have appeared in all eight films of the Harry Potter franchise, being part of the cast members Rowling referred to as "The Big Seven".
- She then founded her film production company, BonBonLumiere in 2012.
- She made her directorial and screenwriting debut in Separate We Come, Separate We Go.
- She co-starred in Before I Sleep in 2013. The film was shot in New England and premiered at the 2013 Heartland Film Festival.
- Also, she appeared in The Sea (2013). The film premiered at the Edinburgh International Film Festival on 23 June 2013.
- She made her stage debut in Peter Ustinov’s "The Moment of Truth play".
- After that, she filmed the comedy Those Who Wander and the family-adventure film Who Killed Nelson Nutmeg? in the year 2013.
- In 2014, she took part in the third series of The Great Sport Relief Bake Off.
- After then, she starred in the science fiction film After the Dark (2014). She later voiced a character in the animated film My Dad Is Scrooge (2014).
- She wrote and directed a short film, Know Thyself in May 2014.
- In July 2014, Wright directed the short film, Fade to Gold.
- In August 2016, her company released the first installment of "Sextant".
- Her next directorial project was a three-episode series entitled Phone Calls.
- In June 2018, she released "Medusa's Ankles".
- She later directed Lowe again in her music video for "Taught You How To Feel", released in November 2018.
- Further, she directed the music video for Pete Yorn and Scarlett Johansson's single, "Iguana Bird", an "expressive personification of heartbreak recovery", released in October 2018.
- Her next video was for independent artist MAGUIRE, entitled "Fallible" which was released in June 2019.
- In March 2020, she narrated an audiobook adaption of Babbitty Rabbitty and her Cackling Stump from "The Tales of Beedle the Bard", an in-universe book of Wizarding World children's stories written by Rowling. The audiobook was released in aid of the charity Lumos.
- She released her debut book "Go Gently: Actionable Steps to Nurture Yourself and the Planet" in 2022.
How much is Bonnie Wright's net worth?
Bonnie Wright is a successful actress who has appeared in many movies and shows. She came to public attention after she played the role of Ginny Weasley in the Harry Potter film series which is based on the fantasy novels by author J. K. Rowling. As of 2022, the net worth of Bonnie Wright is believed to have $15 million. Her salary is estimated to have $1 Million at present. Her main source of wealth comes from the entertainment industry and she is living a fancy lifestyle from her earnings.
Who is Bonnie Wright's husband?
Bonnie Wright is a married woman to her husband, Andrew Lococo. Her relationship with Andrew Lococo first came into the spotlight in November 2020 after she posted a picture of him on her Instagram. The couple tied the knot in March 2022. Her sexual orientation is straight.
Back then, she dated Jacob Artist (2013), Jamie Campbell Bower (2009-2012), and Simon Hammerstein. Back then, Bonnie and Jamie got engaged in April 2011. On June 30, 2012, they called off their engagement. While the split was friendly, Jamie was “heartbroken” from this breakup.
How tall is Bonnie Wright?
Bonnie Wright is a beautiful actress and filmmaker who stands at the height of 5 feet 6 inches or 1.68 m. She has a body weight of 55 Kg or 121 pounds. She has blue eyes and red hair. Her bra size is 32A, shoe size is 7.5 (US) and dress size is 4 (US). Her body measurements are 33-24-34 inches or 84-61-86 cm. She has a slim body type.
Trivias About Bonnie Wright You Need To Know.
- She is an active spokesperson for environmentalism and awareness of plastic pollution.
- She is also an ambassador for Lumos, a children's organization founded by Rowling in 2005.
- In 2011, Wright appeared in a fashion spread for The Financial Times' luxury lifestyle magazine How to Spend It.
- She is also good at singing and can play the piano.
- She likes to do surfing and plays soccer.