Last updated on December 8th, 2021 at 03:59 pm
Facts About Boris Becker
|Celebrated Name||Boris Becker|
|Age||55 Years Old|
|Nick Name||Boom Boom, Baron von Slam, The Lion of Leimen, Bobbele|
|Birth Name||Boris Becker|
|Place Of Birth||Leimen|
|Marital Status||Married But Divorced|
|Spouse||Barbara Feltus (M. 1993; Div. 2001) and Sharley Kerssenberg (M. 2010; Div. 2018)|
|Siblings||Will Upated Soon...|
|Height||6 feet 2 inches|
|Shoe Size||12 (US)|
|Net Worth||$29 Million|
|Links||Wikipedia, Instagram, Twitter, Facebook|
Boris Becker is one of the most successful tennis players. At the age of 17, he was the youngest player to have won the Wimbledon men’s singles championship. He was also the first unranked player and the only German ever to have won this title. Becker also won five Grand Slam championships, 13 Masters Series titles, three Open era finals (ATP Tour Finals, WCT Finals, Grand Slam Cup), and the Olympic gold medal in doubles. Let's know more about him through this article.
What is Boris Becker famous for?
- A German former world No. 1 professional tennis player.
When was Boris Becker born?
Recalling his early life, Boris Becker was born to Elvira and Karl-Heinz Becker in Leimen, Germany. He was raised in the Catholic faith since his mother was one. His father was an architect and the founder of a tennis center in Leimen, and that was where he developed an interest and learned tennis. Similarly, he was German by nationality and belongs to the White ethnicity.
When did Boris Becker begin his sports career?
- Moving towards his career, Boris started his professional tennis career in 1984, under Romanian-born coachGünther Bosch and Romanian manager Ion Tiriac. That year, he won his first professional double title in Munich.
- In 1985, he won the Tennis World Young Masters at the NEC in Birmingham, and that was followed with his debut top-level singles titles at Queen’s Club. His impressive performance continued by becoming the first unseeded player and first German to win a Wimbledon singles title by defeating Kevin Curren in four sets.
- At age 17 and 227 days, he became the youngest male Grand Slam singles champion, a record broken by Michael Chang in 1989 after winning the French Open when at age 17 year, 110 days.
- He never relented on his efforts, and he went ahead to win the Cincinnati Open in 2005, becoming the youngest to win that title. He went on to defend his Wimbledon title by defeating World no. 1 Ivan Lendl in a straight-set in 1986.
- He rose to become World no.2 in 1987 and that same year, the world no. 70 player Peter Doohan defeated him in the second round of the Wimbledon game.
- He and McEnroe's game in the Davis Cup in 1987 lasted 6 hours and 22 minutes, becoming one of the longest matches in tennis history. He, however, won the game with 4–6, 15–13, 8–10, 6–2, 6–2.
- He continued his successful career by winning the year-end Masters title in New York City in 1988, WTC Finals, Grand Slam Singles title in 1989 and becoming ATP Tour Player of the Year after helping Germany to retain the Davis Cup in 1989.
- He became World no. 1 after defeating Ivan Lendl to win the Australian Open in 1991, the first time in his career. The following year, he won seven Tour titles including his second ATP Tour World Championships. Boris Becker’s career suffered a huge setback and decline in 1993 after his marriage to Barbara Feltus fell on the rock coupled with tax evasion problems with the German Government.
- His decline continued in early 2005. His sixth and final Grand Slam was won in 1996 by defeating Chang in the Australian Open. Throughout his career, he won 49 singles titles and 15 doubles titles.
- After retiring from a professional career, he has been a poker player and has played in the European Poker Tour and the World Poker Tour. As of 2013, he had earned more than €90,000 from poker. In has served as a commentator for BBC at Wimbledon since 2003.
- He served as the Head Coach for Novak Djokovic in the 2014 season and contributed in 6 of Djokovic’s 12 Grand Slam victories and 14 of his 30 Masters 1000 titles within that period. The two parted ways in 2016. He is a patron of the Elton AIDS Foundation.
- On 23rd August 2017, He was named the head of men's tennis of the German Tennis Federation. He is also an analyst on Fox Sports Australia's Wimbledon magazine program The Daily Serve.
- In June 2018, His lawyers claimed their client had diplomatic immunity in the bankruptcy case due to his appointment as the Central African Republic's (CAR) "Attache for Sports/Humanitarian/Cultural Affairs in the European Union."
- On 5th November 2019, the bankruptcy was extended for an additional 12 years until the 16th of October 2031 after hiding assets and transactions worth over £4.5m.
Who is Boris Becker married to?
Reflecting on his personal life, Boris married actress and designer Barbara Feltus in 1993. The couple had two sons, Noah Gabriel and Elias Balthasar together. The couple divorced each other on 15th January 2001 after Barbara came to know about his child outside of marriage.
In February 2001, He acknowledged the paternity of a daughter, Anna, the result of a sexual encounter in 1999 with Russian model Angela Ermakova.
He remarried on 12th June 2009 after proposing to Dutch model Sharley "Lilly" Kerssenberg on a game show. In February 2010 they welcomed a son, Amadeus Benedict Edley Luis Becker. They announced that they had separated after nine years of marriage in 2018.
Since July 2019, reports appeared that he is dating British model Layla Powell.
What is the net worth of Boris Becker?
Being a professional tennis player and coach, Boris earns a decent amount of money and fame through his profession in the field of the sports industry. Based on some online sites, his estimated net worth is said to be $29 million at present. However, his salary and asset details are yet to be disclosed. Further, He has made career prize money of $25,080,956 and is 7th on the all-time tennis earners list.
How tall is Boris Becker?
Observing his body statistics, Boris stands at a height of 6 feet 2 inches and weighs around 85 Kg. Similarly, he has blue eyes and blonde hair color. He used 12 (US). Further, his body information is yet to be disclosed. In the case of disclosure, we will let you know.
Trivias About Boris Becker You Need To Know.
- He never won a professional tournament on clay.
- He won the 1992 Olympic men's tennis doubles title with Michael Stich.