Bow Wow - Bio, Songs, Rapper, Net Worth, , Arrest, Affair, Girlfriend, Dating, Wife, Real Name, TV Shows, Age, Facts, Wiki, Height, Daughter, Family
Bow Wow is an American prominent rapper performer, record producer, television host, and actor. He was initially famous in the mainstream by his pseudonym Lil Bow Wow till 2003. After which he begins to use the name Bow Wow in his albums. He developed a strong liking to musical tunes particularly the rap genre of music from a tender age of three years.
Best Known For
- An American rapper, actor and TV show host.
- For his debut album, Beware of Dog released on September 26, 2000.
- For his subsequent releases ‘Wanted’ (2005), ‘The Price of Fame’ (2006) and ‘Face Off’ (2007).
Early Life of Bow Wow
His full name was Shad Gregory Moss. And he was born in Columbus, Ohio, U.S.A, and grew in nearby Reynoldsburg. However, his biological father Alfonso Preston Moss, abandoned the ancestor and Shad never saw him since his birth. He was American by nationality and belongs to Afro-American ethnicity. His birth sign is Pisces.
He was raised by his mother, Teresa Rena Caldwell, and stepfather, Rodney Caldwell, along with his stepsisters, Erica and Jasarah. However, his mother is a hair stylist and stepfather is a practicing lawyer in Houston, Texas. Talking about his education, he attended J. Ashton Middle School. He then joined Reynold High School.
Career of Bow Wow
- Lil Bow Wow released his debut album titled ‘Beware of Dog’ in 2000 which became a massive hit with record sales of more than 3 million copies till 2009. The album included hit songs like ‘Bounce With Me’ featuring R&B group Xscape, ‘Ghetto Girls’ and ‘Puppy Love’ with Jagged Edge. The song in collaboration with Snoop Dogg titled ‘Bow Wow (That’s My Name)’ entered Billboard Hot 100 chart and received double Platinum certifications from the RIAA. The album reached top 10th position on Billboards 200 charts.
- Following his first album’s commercial success, he released his second album titled ‘Doggy Bag’ in 2002 with So So Deff label. This album has sold 1.1 million copies in the US till date and also received Platinum certifications from RIAA while reaching 11th position on Billboard 200 and 2ndposition in Top R&B/ Hip Hop Albums charts. It included hit songs like ‘Thank You’ and ‘Take Ya Home’ including his ‘Basketball’ song that featured in the soundtrack of his film ‘Like Mike’.
- Shad at 16 years dropped his ‘Lil’ stage name, joined Columbia Records leaving So So Deff, and released his next album entitled ‘Unleashed’ in 2003 and it reached to top 3 in Billboard 200 and achieved Gold certification. The single of the album ‘Let’s Get Down’ featuring Birdman peaked at 14th position on Billboard Hot 100 and 6th on Hot Rap Tracks.
- In the making process of this album, Shad composed and played the role of executive producer and used more contemporary sounds.
- The rapper’s fourth album ‘Wanted’ released in 2005 with Sony Urban Music/Columbia label and received Platinum certification. The songs titled ‘Let Me Hold You’ in collaboration with Omarion and ‘Like You’ featuring his then-girlfriend Ciara secured top positions on Billboard Hot Rap Tracks and Billboard 200 proving his potential as a rapper and sold nearly 1 million copies in US.
- Bow next released his fifth album titled ‘The Prince of Fame’ in late 2006 which included songs like ‘Shortie Like Mine’, ‘Outta My System’ and ‘I’m a Flirt’. This album received Gold certification, charted at 6th position on US Billboard 200 and sold over 262 thousand copies in the first week.
- Bow Wow in collaboration with singer Omarion next released an album titled ‘Face Off’ in 2007 and it received gold certification and sold over 107 thousand copies in the first week.
- His recent album ‘New Jack City II’ was released in 2009 and it secured 16th position in the US Billboard 200. It featured stars like Nelly, Soulja Boy, T.I, T-Pain, Trey Songz and was given a parental advisory label for its adult content.
- Between 2009 to 2016, Bow released several mixtapes like ‘Greenlight’3, 4 and 5, ‘I’m Better Than You’ and latest ‘Ignorant Shit’. He also released a compilation album titled ‘The Very Best of Bow Wow’ in 2010. All of them faired pretty well and made him a popular rap artist.
- Shad Moss aka ‘Bow Wow’ confirmed on social media that NYLTH will be his last album as he intends to retire from rap-music by the age of 30. This album is being executively produced by himself and Snoop Dogg and will be followed by a movie. At present, he is focussing on his acting skills and performance as a TV host. Bow has plans to produce two TV shows.
Awards and Achievements of Bow Wow
- He triumphs the BET viewer’s choice prize in 2001 and Billboard Music Prize for Rap Solitary of the Year for his Bow Wow That’s My Name.
- As Lil Bow, he triumphs the favorite male singer prize given by Nickelodeon Kid’s Choice Prizes in 2011.
Net Worth of Bow Wow
He has earned enough through his professional career at this tender age. He has an estimated net worth of about 1.5 Million dollars that is much enough. Bow Wow has earned a lot at this age that we could just imagine and he is just get started. He also has two luxury cars that increase his net worth.
Personal Life of Bow Wow
He has had numerous streaming relationships over the past years and Bow was linked to Ciara, Ayisha Diaz, and Kat Stacks and Erica Mena. Shad was also rumored to be having affairs with Melody Thorton and Teairra Mari. He has a daughter, Shai Moss, from his ex-girlfriend, Joie Chavis, who had left over a domestic matter.
But they are being seen back together. And his daughter was born on 27 Apil, 2011 and is being raised by her mother. He even stated that fatherhood has changed him a lot completely adores playing cuddling with his daughter.
Body Measurements of Bow Wow
Bow Wow has a slim body with a height of 5 feet 7 inches and weighs 68 kg. He has a pair of hazel eyes and black hair color. His chest size is 38 inches, Bicep size is 12 inches and waist size is 30 inches respectively. He wears 10 (US) size of shoe.
Trivias About Bow Wow You Need To Know.
- Starting rhyming at the age of 3.
- He has his own clothing line named Shago.
- Earned a spot in the Guinness Book of World Records as the youngest rapper to have a No. 1 hit (with the 2000 track "Bounce with Me").
- He confirmed on social media that NYLTH will be his last album as he intends to retire from rap-music by the era of 30.