Brad Tavares - Bio, Net Worth, Salary, Married, Wife, Family, Parents, Nationality, Age, Height, Ethnicity, Weight, Wiki, Career Earnings, Religion
Bradley Kaipo Sarbida Tavares, professionally known as Brad Tavares is an American professional mixed martial artist. He is currently signed to the Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC), where he competes in the middleweight division. Having turned professional in 2007, he fought in local promotions before joining UFC in 2010. Tavares ranks at No. 12 in the UFC middleweight rankings. As of January 2021, he has a record of 18 wins and 6 losses in his career.
He has over 26k followers on his Instagram @bradtavares808. He has over 54k followers on Twitter.
What is Brad Tavares Famous For?
- Popular UFC fighter.
Where is Brad Tavares From?
Brad Tavares was born on 21 December 1987. His birth name is Bradley Kaipo Sarbida Tavares. His birth place is in Kailua, Hawaii in the United States. He holds an American nationality. He belongs to mixed ethnicity and his religion is Christianity. Information about his parents and siblings is not available. He has maintained a low profile regarding his personal life.
Regarding his educational background, he attended Waiakea High School. He excelled at various sports in high school. He competed in football and track and field. After high school, he worked as a ramp agent for Hawaiian Airlines.
Brad Tavares Career
- Brad Tavares was only 19 years old when he fought professionally.
- He turned professional in 2007.
- He started his MMA career in local promotions of Hawaii.
- He compiled a record of 5-0. He had recorded 3 TKOs and 2 submissions.
- He initially trained with Mixed Martial Arts Development (MMAD).
- In 2010, he signed with UFC's The Ultimate Fighter. He was announced as part of its 11th season.
- He represented Team Liddell. He was selected fifth by Team Liddell and tenth overall.
- He defeated Jordan Smith via KO in less than a minute in the elimination round.
- He defeated James Hammortree in the preliminary round, Seth Baczynski in the quarter-finals.
- He lost to teammate Court McGee in the semi-finals via submission.
- He defeated Baczynski in the rematch via unanimous decision at The Ultimate Fighter: Team Liddell vs Team Ortiz Finale.
- He defeated UFC veteran Phil Baroni at UFC 125 via KO in the first round on 1 January 2011.
- He lost to Aaron Simpson at UFC 132 via unanimous decision on 2 July 2011.
- He defeated Dongi Yang via unanimous decision at UFC on Fuel TV: Korean Zombie vs. Poirier on 15 May 2012.
- He defeated former BAMMA middleweight champion and UFC newcomer Tom Watson at UFC on Fuel TV: Struve vs. Miocic via split decision.
- He defeated Riki Fukuda at UFC on Fuel TV 8 and Robert McDaniel at UFC Fight Night 27 via unanimous decisions in 2013.
- He defeated Lorenz Larkin at UFC Fight Night 35 via unanimous decision in January 2014.
- His five-fight win streak ended at UFC on Fox 11, when he lost to Yoel Romero via unanimous decision.
- He suffered another loss in August 2014, when he faced Tim Boetsch at UFC Fight Night 47 in August 2014. He was defeated via TKO in the second round, marking the first time he had been stopped as a professional.
- He defeated Nate Marquardt at UFC 182 via unanimous decision in January 2015.
- He lost via knockout in the first round in his bout with Robert Whittaker at UFC Fight 65 in May 2015.
- He was forced out of his bout with Thales Leites at UFC Fight Night 92 due to a rib injury.
- He defeated Caio Magalhaes via split decision at UFC 203 in September 2016.
- His bout with Hector Lombard at UFC on Fox 23 in January 2017 was scrapped due to undisclosed reasons.
- He defeated Elias Theodorou at The Ultimate Fighter 25 Finale via unanimous decision in July 2017.
- He defeated Thales Leites at UFC 216 via unanimous decision in October 2017.
- He defeated Krzystof Jotko at UFC on Fox 29 via TKO in the third round in April 2018.
- He lost to Israel Adesanya at The Ultimate Fighter 27 Finale via unanimous decision in July 2018.
- He lost to Edmen Shahbazyan at UFC 244 via knockout in the first round in November 2019.
- Tavares defeated Antonio Carlos Junior at UFC 257 via a unanimous decision in January 2021. They were originally scheduled to fight at UFC Fight Night 170 in March 2020. Tavares pulled out of the bout due to an ACL injury.
Brad Tavares Wife
Brad Tavares maintains a low profile regarding his personal life. No pieces of information about his wife and children are available. Any updates on his relationship status will be updated here.
He lives in Las Vegas, Hawaii.
Brad Tavares Height and Weight
Brad Tavares stands at a height of 1.85 m i.e. 6 feet and 1 inch tall. He has a body weight of 185 lbs i.e. 84 kg. He has an athletic body build. He has a reach of 74 inches. As a professional MMA fighter, he maintains his body physically fit. His eye color is dark brown and his hair color is black. His sexual orientation is straight.
Brad Tavares Net Worth
Brad Tavares earns from his professional career as an MMA fighter. His income comes from his contracts, fights, prize money, bonuses, and endorsements. As of January 2021, he has recorded 18 professional wins. His net worth is estimated at $2 million at present.
Trivias About Brad Tavares You Need To Know.
- He trains at Xtreme Couture.
- He still returns home to Hawaii to train with HQ MMA when not training at Xtreme Couture in Las Vegas.
- He suffered his first professional loss against Seth Baczynski in the 11th season of The Ultimate Fighter in 2010.