Bradley Walsh - Bio, Net Worth, Wife, Children, Family, Job, Age, Wiki
Bradley John Walsh, professionally known as Bradley Walsh is an English actor, comedian, singer, television presenter, and former professional footballer. He gained fame for his acting in television shows "Coronation Street, Law & Order: UK" and "Doctor Who" as well as presenting the game show "The Chase". He also worked as an apprentice at Rolls-Royce's aircraft engine factory in Watford. He was previously an aspiring professional footballer and he turned to television and rose to fame as a presenter on "The National Lottery". He performed as a comedian and later made a foray into television as a presenter and an actor and did extensive work in both capacities. Some of Walsh's other notable works as a presenter include "Wheel of Fortune", "Odd One In", "Keep It in the Family" and "Cash Trapped". Additionally, he was seen on BBC Radio 4's "Desert Island Discs" in May 2022 as well as he appears in 2022 special "The Power of the Doctor".
Bradley Walsh famous for
- He is an English actor, comedian, singer, television presenter, and former professional footballer.
- He appeared in television shows "Coronation Street, Law & Order: UK".
Where is Bradley Walsh from?
Bradley Walsh was born on 4th June 1960 with the real name of Bradley John Walsh in Watford, Hertfordshire, England. He is of British nationality and belongs to a mixed background as he is the son of a Scottish mother, Margaret Walsh, and her English husband Danie. Similarly, his religious belief is in the Christian religion and his race is white. Bradley celebrated his 62nd birthday in 2022 and as per his birthdate, his zodiac sign is Gemini. He has one sibling a sister named Kerri.
Moving to Walsh's education, he attended Francis Combe School, a comprehensive school in Garston, Hertfordshire where he was voted most likely to become a TV host.
Bradley Walsh Career
- Bradley Walsh began his football career at Wormley Rovers and became a professional football player for Brentford at the age of 18 although he failed to make the first team and was regularly a member of the reserves.
- He then played for Barnet on loan at Brentford, making five Southern Football League appearances in the 1979-1980 season.
- He also played for Tring Town, Boreham Wood, and Chalfont St Peter unfortunately, ankle fractures ended his football career at the age of 22, in 1982.
- He later participates in Soccer Aid, a charity football match where England takes on The Rest of the World with teams made up of celebrities and football legends.
- As well, Walsh helped England win the 2006 events as a player and the 2012 and 2016 events as a coach. He made an episode for Soccer Aid in June 2022.
Television (TV Shows)
- Bradley Walsh landed in the television industry performing as a newcomer comedian in October 1982, he came second in a talent contest at the Rolls-Royce Sports and Social Club in his hometown of Leavesden.
- He was later recruited by rival television channel ITV, who offered him the role of presenter on one of the network's new game shows, "Midas Touch".
- He was asked to front the British adaptation of the popular US game show "Wheel of Fortune" following the decision of long-time presenter Nicky Campbell to leave the show after more than eight years.
- Moreover, he also appeared in Lily Savage's "Blankety Blank" as his first acting job was a minor role in the Channel 4 series, "Lock, Stock...." and also appeared as Dave Dodds in the 2001 Channel 4 TV film "Mike Bassett: England Manager".
- He then appeared in the British soap opera Night and Day, in an episode of "The Bill" spin-off "M.I.T.: Murder Investigation Team", "Coronation Street", "Doctor Who" spin-off "The Sarah Jane Adventures", "The Day of the Clown", "Dangerous Adventures for Boys", "Law & Order: UK" and more.
- From 2009 until 2014, Walsh starred in a total of 53 episodes.
- On 21st March 2013, he appeared in an episode of "The Spa on Sky Living".
- In May 2014, he was also cast as Brutus in a BBC One comedy series called "SunTrap", starring alongside Kayvan Novak and Keith Allen. The show premiered on 27th May 2015.
- On 9th September 2007, he hosted the countdown "50 Greatest Stars Polls" on ITV.
- In November and December 2008, Walsh hosted another game show for ITV, called "Spin Star" and in June 2009, he became the presenter of the ITV game show "The Chase".
- He also hosted a pilot for an American version of "The Chase" in 2012 as well as he has hosted the Crime Thriller Awards on ITV3.
- On 1st May 2019, it was announced that he would host a new late-night talk show on ITV, titled "Bradley Walsh's Late Night Guestlist".
- The pilot episode, featuring guests Holly Willoughby, Maya Jama, and Piers Morgan, aired on 11th May 2019.
- Bradley was announced as the host of a one-off festive revival of the game show "Blankety Blank" for the BBC in 2020 as well as he was the "first-ever double Undercover victim" in Series 16 of "Ant & Dec's Saturday Night Takeaway".
- He appears as Pop Larkin in the British comedy-drama TV series "The Larkins" since 2021.
- He starred on BBC Radio 4's "Desert Island Discs" in May 2022 and he was seen as himself in the TV series "Bradley Walsh: The Laugh's on Me" in 2022.
- Apart from acting, he is also a singer and he released his debut album, "Chasing Dreams". It consists of covers of jazz standards such as "That's Life" and "Mr. Bojangles" as well as the title track, an original song written by Walsh.
- He released a second album "When You're Smiling", consisting of more covers of traditional pop songs, and one original track. It reached 11 in the charts.
Awards and Achievements
- British Soap Award for his role in "Coronation Street"
Who is Bradley Walsh married to?
Bradley Walsh is a married man. He exchanged vows with the dancer Donna Derby in the year 1997. Together they have a son named Barney (born 2nd December 1997), with whom he appeared in the travel series "Bradley Walsh & Son: Breaking Dad". He also has a daughter born in 1982 from a previous relationship. Currently, he resides in Epping, Essex with his wife and children. He is living a happy married life without any disturbances. Talking about Bradley's sexual orientation, he is straight.
What is Bradley Walsh worth?
Bradley Walsh's estimated net worth as of 2022 is £20 million whereas his exact amount of salary has not been disclosed yet. Although he is estimated to earn almost £1 million a year, making him one of TV's highest-paid stars. Bradley is said to have £ 12.5 million worth of assets. His earnings surpass Ant and Dec and Dermot O'Leary as he is thought to be one of the UK's highest-paid hosts. It was reported in 2018 that he had earned £ 9.2 million in the previous two years. He has the access to all the world's luxury and comfort. Moreover, his major source of income is his actor, comedian, singer, television presenter, and former professional footballer career.
How tall is Bradley Walsh?
Bradley Walsh has unarguably accomplished a decent height career-wise. Handsome guy Bradley is 5 feet and 9 inches tall and his body weighs around 75 kg. He has light brown hair and dark brown eyes color. Besides, his body build type is average.
Trivias About Bradley Walsh You Need To Know.
- He quit football due to his ankle injury.
- He hosted the annual Crime Thriller Awards and the Specsavers Crime Thriller Club on ITV3.
- He once hosted the British version of Wheel of Fortune.
- He has a sister named Kerri.