Last updated on June 29th, 2021 at 07:02 pm
Facts About Brendan Fraser
|Celebrated Name||Brendan Fraser|
|Age||54 Years Old|
|Nick Name||Brendan Fraser|
|Birth Name||Brendan James Fraser|
|Birth Nation||United States|
|Place Of Birth||Indianapolis, Indiana|
|Mother||Carol Mary Genereux|
|Brothers||Kevin, Regan and Sean.|
|Marital Status||Married and Divorced|
|Famous For||Famous as a Canadian-American actor|
|Best Known For||Known for his role of Rick O'Connell in "The Mummy" film series|
|Height||6ft 3 inches(1.91m)|
|Net Worth||$20 million|
|College / University||Seattle's Cornish College of the Arts|
Brendan Fraser is a Canadian-American actor who is best known for his role of Rick O'Connell in "The Mummy" film series. Fraser is also well recognized for his role in films including "Encino Man", "George of the Jungle", "Bedazzled", "Looney Tunes: Back in Action", and "Journey to the Center of the Earth".He made his film debut in 1991 by appearing in the role of a sailor in the drama film "Dogfight". He also has been portraying the role of Clif Steele in the DC Universe action series "Doom Petrol" since 2019.
He also serves on the board of directors for the non-profit humanitarian organization "FilmAid International". He is the first American born-actor to be inducted into Canada's Walk of Fame.
Besides, he is quite active in the social media platform with over 74k followers on his Instagram account:@brendan__fraser and around 10k followers on his verified Twitter account: @brayden_c_ward
What is Brendan Fraser famous for?
- Famous as a Canadian-American actor
- Known for his role of Rick O'Connell in "The Mummy" film series
Where is Brendan Fraser from?
Brendan Fraser was born on December 3, 1968, in Indianapolis, Indiana, United States. His birth name is Brendan James Fraser. He holds both Canadian and American nationality. His ethnicity is mixed while Sagittarius is his zodiac sign. He is of Irish-Scottish-German-Czech-French-Canadian descent.
Fraser was born as the youngest son of Carol Mary Genereux(mother) and Peter Fraser(father). His mother was a sales counselor while his father was a former journalist who worked as a Canadian foreign service officer for the Government Office of Tourism. He has three older brothers; Kevin, Regan, and Sean. His maternal uncle, George Genereux, was the only Canadian to win a gold medal in the 1952 Summer Olympics, at the Olympic Trap.
He grew up living in Eureka, California; Seattle, Washington; Ottawa, Ontario; the Netherlands and Switzerland. He joined a private boarding school in Toronto, Upper Canada College. His interest in acting rose after he attended his first professional theatre show in the West End while he was on vacation in London.
Later, he attended Seattle's Cornish College of the Arts and got graduated in 1990. He then decided to join Southern Methodist University to earn a Master of Fine Arts in Acting. However, to pursue his career as an actor, he dropped his idea of attending the University.
Brendan Fraser Career: Highlights
- Brendan Fraser started his professional acting career in 1991 by making his film debut in the role of a sailor in the coming-of-age drama film "Dogfight".
- He got his career breakthrough within a year after he portrayed the role of Linkovich "Link" Chomovsky in the 1992 American comedy film "Encino Man". The film was a commercial success.
- In the same year, he appeared as David Greene in the American sports-drama film "School Ties".
- He also earned a 1993 Chicago Film Critics Association Award nomination for Most Promising Actor for his role in "Encino Man" and "School Ties".
- He then continued his acting career by appearing in several films including "Twenty Bucks", "Son in Law", "My Old School", "Child of Darkness, Child of Light", "Younger and Younger", "Airheads", "In the Army Now", "The Scout", "Now and Then", "The Passion of Darkly Noon", "The Twilight of the Golds", and "Brain Candy".
- His first major box success came in 1997 with the role of George in the American comedy film "George of the Jungle" which was based on the animated series "George of the Jungle".
- In the same year, he won the Seattle International Film Festival Award for Best Actor for his role of Fletcher McBracken in the 1997 drama film "Still Breathing".
- Fraser gained recognition in 1999 after he began portraying the main role of Rick O'Connell in "The Mummy" film series starting with the trilogy's first film "The Mummy". His role in the film received good reviews and the film became his biggest commercial success. His role also earned him a "Saturn Award" nomination and a "Blockbuster Entertainment Award" nomination for Best Actor
- In 2001, he again appeared as Rick O'Connell in the 2nd film of The Mummy trilogy titled "The Mummy Returns" which also became a huge commercial success.
- He returned to the role of Rick O'Connell in 2008 for the last time in the third and the last film of The Mummy trilogy titled "The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor".
- He also gave his voice for the unreleased animated film "Big Bug Man".
- In the year 2002, he starred as Alden Pyle alongside actor, Michael Caine in the political drama "The Quiet American".
- He has also made his appearances in various TV films and series including "Scrubs", "Texas Rising", "Fallen Angels", "Trust", "Condor", "The Affair", and "Nightcap".
- Fraser portrayed the role of Rick Cabot in the academy award-winning film "Crash" in 2004. His role in the film was appreciated a lot and earned him a Hollywood Film Festival Award, a Broadcast Film Critics Association Award, and a Screen Actors Guild Award.
- He has lent his voice for many TV series and films like "Duckman", "The Simpsons", "King of the Hill", "Escape from Planet Earth", "Wishology", and "Titans".
- He also starred in the 3D film adaptation of Jules Verne's "Journey to the Center of the Earth" in 2008.
- In the year 2010, he made his appearance in a Broadway production of the play "Elling".
- In the same year, he portrayed the role of John Crowley in the American medical drama film "Extraordinary Measures" alongside actors; Harrison Ford, and Keri Russell.
- He then went on to star in various hit films including "Stand Off", "Furry Vengeance", "Breakout", "Hair Brained", "The Poison Rose", and "Line of Descent".
- He has been portraying the role of Clif Steele in the DC Universe action series "Doom Petrol" since 2019.
- Fraser also played the role of Peter Swann in the 2020 American series "Professionals" in 2020.
- As of now, he is busy shooting for his upcoming film "The Whale".
- Besides being an actor, he is also an accomplished photographer who has displayed his skills with the camera on various films and series most notably on Scrubs.
Brendan Fraser Awards
- Seattle International Film Festival Award for Best Actor
- Hollywood Film Festival Award
- Broadcast Film Critics Association Award
- Screen Actors Guild Award
Brendan Fraser Wife
Brendan Fraser is a married and divorced man. He was married to actress, Afton Smith whom he met for the first time at Winona Ryder's house on July 4, 1993. The couple then dated each other and finally tied the knot on September 27, 1998.
The couple together had three sons: Griffin Arthur Fraser (born 2002), Holden Fletcher Fraser (born 2004), and Leland Francis Fraser (born 2006). The couple later got divorced in December 2007. He is currently single and living a happy life in Bedford, New York.
He is fluent in French and serves on the board of directors for the non-profit humanitarian organization "FilmAid International". He was sexually assaulted by Philip Berk, the president of the Hollywood Foreign Press Association in 2003. This incident plunged Fraser into depression and numerous other health problems.
He also suffered from several injuries while performing the stunts in his action roles.
Brendan Fraser Net Worth
Brendan Fraser has quite healthy earnings from his stable and successful career as an actor. Having his professional acting career started in 1991, Fraser has come a long way becoming one of the best actors in the world in his 29 years long career. His source of income is surely his films and series. With his hard work for years, Fraser undoubtedly has managed to amass a healthy fortune estimated to be around $20 million as of 2021.
Brendan Fraser Height
Brendan Fraser is a handsome man with a well-maintained athletic body physique in his early 50s. He stands tall with a height of 6ft 3 inches(1.91m) while his body weighs around 95kg(209 lbs). He has a fair complexion with brown hair and a pair of blue eyes. His shoe size is 11(US).
Trivias About Brendan Fraser You Need To Know.
- His maternal uncle, George Genereux, was the only Canadian to win a gold medal in the 1952 Summer Olympics, at the Olympic Trap.
- Fraser is fluent in French.
- During his childhood, has been raised in Holland, Switzerland, and Canada.
- He is one of the Board of Directors for FilmAid International.