Last updated on June 25th, 2023 at 04:18 am
Facts About Brett Kern
|Celebrated Name||Brett Kern|
|Age||37 Years Old|
|Nick Name||Brett Kern|
|Birth Name||Brett Alan Kern|
|Place Of Birth||Grand Island, New York|
|High School||Grand Island Senior High School|
|Net Worth||$5 million - $10 million|
|Source of Wealth||NFL Career|
|Children||Bryce Jeremiah, Anelle Naomi, and Quinn Eliana|
|Height||6 feet 2 inches or 1.88 m or 188 cm|
|Weight||97 Kg or 214 lbs|
|Hair Color||Light Brown|
|Current Club||Philadelphia Eagles|
Brett Kern is an American NFL footballer. He is currently playing for the Philadelphia Eagles of the National Football League (NFL). His playing position is a punter. He was signed by the Denver Broncos as an undrafted free agent in 2008 and in 2009, he was signed by Tennessee Titans. His jersey number is #6 for the Titans whereas his jersey number is #13 for Philadelphia Eagles. Brett is married to Tiffany Kern and the couple has three kids, Bryce Jeremiah, Anelle Naomi, and Quinn Eliana.
Brett played college football at Toledo. After being waived by the Broncos after less than two full seasons, he was acquired by the Titans and became a three-time Pro Bowl selection and a two-time All-Pro with the team. On December 13, 2022, Kern signed with the Philadelphia Eagles and was signed to the active roster on January 7, 2023.
Who are Brett Kern's parents?
Brett Kern was brought into this world by his parents on February 17, 1986, in Grand Island, New York, USA. Brett Alan Kern is the full name of this NFL player. Brett is American by nationality whereas his ethnicity is American-White. He is the son of his father, Cal Kern, and his mother, Sherrie Kern. His dad is the owner of the amateur Niagara Power baseball team. "Sometimes I pinch myself," Cal said. "Like that’s my boy, that’s my soccer kid and he’s in the NFL.” Brett played soccer his entire life until he one day picked up a football and never looked back. His parents discovered just how talented he was at an out-of-state football camp. He celebrated his 36th birthday on February 17, 2022.
Regarding his education, Brett Kern is a 2004 graduate of Grand Island Senior High School where he played on the football team. After his graduation from high school, he represented New York State in the New York-New Jersey Governor's Bowl and played at the United States Military Academy. Likewise, he also played basketball and was a long jumper and high hurdler on the track team.
How was the Career of Brett Kern?
Brett Kern played college football at the University of Toledo for head coach Tom Amstutz. In his freshman year in 2004, he made his debut by making eight punts for 344 net yards (43.0 average) against Minnesota. On the season, he had 44 punts for 1,788 net yards for a 40.6 average.
In the 2005 season, he had 33 punts for 1,305 yards for a 39.5 average and in the 2006 season, he had 60 punts for 2,502 net yards for a 41.7 average.
His final season with the Rockets was in 2007. He had eight punts for 394 net yards for a 49.3 average on 1st September. In his final season, he had 52 total punts for 2,399 yards for a 46.1 average.
- Selected by the NFL team, Denver Broncos, Brett won the starting punter job in 2008. He attempted 46 punts for an average of 46.7 during his rookie season. He made his NFL debut in the season opener against the Oakland Raiders where he had two punts for 80 net yards for a 40.0 average.
- In his 2009 season, Kern finished the season with 64 punts for 2,910 net yards for a 45.47 average. He was waived by the Broncos on October 26, 2009.
- Brett was claimed off waivers by the Tennessee Titans replacing Reggie Hodges. On November 1, he made his Titans debut against the Jacksonville Jaguars. Overall, in the 2009 season, he totaled 64 punts for 2,910 yards for a 45.47 average for the team. He remained as the Titans' punter in the 2010 season. In the 2010 season, he had 77 punts for 3,302 net yards for a 42.88 average.
- He signed a four-year, $5.2 million contract extension with the Titans with $2.1 million guaranteed on 24th February. He finished the 2011 season with 86 punts for 3,747 net yards for a 43.57 average. In his 2012 season, he had 81 punts for 3,855 yards for a 47.59 average. In the 2013 season, he had 78 punts for 3,386 net yards for a 43.41 average while he ended the 2014 season with 88 punts for 4,118 net yards for a 46.80 average.
- Kern signed a five-year $15 million contract extension with the Titans on 8th March 2015. In the 2015 season, he recorded 88 punts for 4,175 net yards for a 47.44 average, and in the 2016 season, he finished with 77 punts for 3,402 net yards for a 44.18 average.
- On December 19, 2017, he was named to his first Pro Bowl. He finished the 2017 season with 75 punts for 3,728 net yards for a franchise-record 49.71 average. On December 18, 2018, Kern was named to his second Pro Bowl. He finished the season punting 74 times with 39 being inside the 20.
- On March 7, 2019, Kern signed a four-year, $12.55 million contract extension with the Titans. On December 17, 2019, Kern was selected for his third consecutive Pro Bowl. On November 7, 2020, he was placed on injured reserve after suffering a wrist injury in Week 8 against the Cincinnati Bengals.
- Later, Brett was released by the Titans on August 29, 2022, after undrafted rookie Ryan Stonehouse from Colorado State won the starting job.
- Kern signed with the Philadelphia Eagles on December 13, 2022, on the practice squad following an injury to their starting punter Arryn Siposs during a Week 14 game against the New York Giants.
- Kern was signed to the active roster on January 7, 2023.
Awards and Achievements
- First-team All-Pro (2019)
- Second-team All-Pro (2017)
- 3× Pro Bowl (2017–2019)
- PFWA All-Rookie Team (2008)
- MAC Special Teams Player of the Year (2007)
- Most Punt Yards (career): 43,623
- Most Punt Yards (season): 4,175 (2015)
- Most Punt Yards (game): 549 (October 8, 2017, against the Miami Dolphins)
- Most Yards / Punt (career): 46.0
- Most Yards / Punt (season): 49.7 (2017)
- Most Yards / Punt (game): 56.8 (September 24, 2017, against the Seattle Seahawks)
- Most Yards / Punt (playoff career): 46.8
How much is Brett Kern's net worth?
Brett Kern is an NFL footballer who is playing for the Philadelphia Eagles of the National Football League (NFL). He played college football at Toledo. His primary source of wealth comes from an NFL football career whereas he is also making a decent sum of income via endorsement, and contract bonuses.
Brett Kern has an estimated net worth of between $5 million - $10 million at the time of writing. He signed a 1 year, $1,120,000 contract with the Philadelphia Eagles, including an average annual salary of $1,120,000. On February 24, 2011, Kern signed a four-year, $5.2 million contract extension with the Titans with $2.1 million guaranteed. On March 8, 2015, Kern signed a five-year $15 million contract extension with the Titans. On March 7, 2019, Kern signed a four-year, $12.55 million contract extension with the Titans. He is living a lavish lifestyle from his career earnings.
Who is Brett Kern's wife?
Brett Kern is a married man. He tied the knot to his wife, Tiffany Kern. The duo got married in the year 2008. Until now, the couple is together and there is no any sign of divorce between them. Both of them understand each other and they are very supportive at hard times as well as in good times. Bret's sexual orientation is straight.
The happily married couple is blessed with three kids - Bryce Jeremiah, Anelle Naomi, and Quinn Eliana. Brett and Tiffany are living a happy life with their kids.
How tall is Brett Kern?
Brett Kern is a handsome NFL player. His hair color is light brown and he has a pair of hazel-brown eyes. He has a very short trimmed beard. He maintained his body a lot and he has got an athletic body type.
Brett stands at the height of 6 feet 2 inches or 1.88 m or 188 cm. His well-maintained body weight consists of 214 lbs or 97 KG. He has got a helathy body right now. His football skills in the NFL games have amazed a lot of viewers.
Trivias About Brett Kern You Need To Know.
- Kern is an avid golfer that sports a +1 handicap.
- In 2011, Kern competed in The Vinny, a local golf fundraising tournament hosted by singers Vince Gill and Amy Grant, and finished fourth in the event.
- Brett Alan Kern is his full name.
- He played college football at the university of Toledo for head coach Tom Amstutz.
- His dad is the owner of the amateur Niagara Power baseball team.