Brian Kendrick - Bio, Net Worth, Age, Facts, Wife, Family, Nationality, Real Name, Awards, Parents, Height, Weight, Career, Retire, Salary, Wiki
Brian David Kendrick, excellently known as Brian Kendrick is an American professional wrestler and promoter. He is well recognized for his time in WWE. He is also best known for his appearances with Ring of Honor (ROH), Total Nonstop Action Wrestling (TNA), New Japan Pro-Wrestling (NJPW), and Pro Wrestling Zero1 (Zero1). He was ranked as one of the fifty best singles wrestlers by Pro Wrestling Illustrated in 2003. He was able to save enough money for wrestling school by working as a dishwasher whereas he was also was a contestant on the game show "The Price Is Right" in March 2011. He started to work with WWE as a trainer in 2014 and he also worked on both the 205 Live and NXT UK programs, until he began to work as a backstage producer for the NXT brand. Kendrick was a WWE and world tag team champion with Paul London for much of 2006, and he held the Cruiserweight Championship during his most recent WWE run after competing in the Cruiserweight Classic tournament. He has also been the X-Division champion in TNA, and he spent time in both Ring of Honor and New Japan Pro-Wrestling. Presently, Brian owns and operates his own promotion, called Brian Kendrick's Wrestling Pro Wrestling.
Brian Kendrick Apologizes for Offensive Comments After Being Pulled from AEW Dynamite
Brian Kendrick apologized Wednesday after insensitive remarks he made several years ago regarding the Holocaust, 9/11, and the Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting resurfaced. As part of his apology on Twitter, Brian called his comments "vile" and noted that the things he said "never were" his actual beliefs: "I apologize for all the hurt and embarrassment I have caused with my words. These are not my beliefs and never were beliefs of mine, and I crossed the line", he twitted. "I spread the most vile comments without thinking of the damage it would cause. I will live with this regret for the rest of my life. I am truly sorry for the pain I have caused".
- Being an American professional wrestler and promoter.
- For his time in WWE.
What is Brian Kendrick Real Name?
Brian Kendrick was born on 29th May 1979 with the real name of Brian David Kendrick in Fairfax, Virginia, the U.S. He is of American nationality and he came from American-white ethnic background. Similarly, he follows the Christian religion and his race is white. Brian has celebrated his 42nd birthday as of 2021 and as per his birthdate, his zodiac sign is Gemini. He is the son of Barbara Kendrick and the oldest of three children-a brother named Neal and a sister named Shannon.
Brian Kendrick Career Timeline
- Brian Kendrick conceived his career at the NWA Southwest wrestling school in 199 after which he attended the Shawn Michaels Wrestling Academy and made his professional wrestling debut on 4th October 1999 in a match with American Dragon that ended in a 10-minute time limit draw.
- He signed a developmental deal with the World Wrestling Federation (WWF) in February 2000 and won his first Championship in MCW when he defeated American Dragon for the MCW Southern Light Heavyweight Championship on 22nd September.
- On 30th December the Southern Light Heavyweight title was declared vacant after a match that Kendrick had with Derrick King however he regained the title after beating King, on 6th January 2001 in a match for the vacant championship. He holds the record for most reigns, with three.
- He wrestled on the premiere show of Ring of Honor (ROH) on 23rd February 2002, winning the match to gain an ROH contract as well as he competed in several other promotions such as Heartland Wrestling Association and All-Pro Wrestling, before leaving for Japan in June to compete in Pro Wrestling Zero-One (Zero-One).
- He became the first International Junior Heavyweight Champion in company history on 29th June and signed a contract with WWE in late 2002 but was unable to compete until he completed his time in the independent circuit.
- He made his WWE debut on the edition of 11th January 2003 of Velocity under the gimmick of a mascot representing the local sports team of the town in which he was competing.
- He earned himself a contract on the March 20, 2003 episode of Smackdown! by defeating Shannon Moore whereas his first major storyline within WWE came on the 1st May 2003 episode of "SmackDown!".
- On 30th October Spanky began teaming with Paul London until 13th January 2004 when Kendrick left WWE to return to Zero1.
- On 19th September 2004, he gained a new tag team partner in Kaz Hayashi and had a brief stint in Total Nonstop Action Wrestling in November 2004 under the ring name "Spanky" on the November 4 episode of "Impact" where he defeated Kaz, Matt Sydal, and Amazing Red, in a four-way match.
- On 17th December 2004, he returned to ROH, as well as debuting on its sister promotion Full Impact Pro (FIP), and unsuccessfully competed for several titles such as the ROH Pure Championship, ROH World Championship, and ROH World Tag Team Championship.
- He announced in July 2005 that he had re-signed with World Wrestling Entertainment, and would be returning thereafter he had fulfilled his obligations on the Independent circuit.
- On 6th August 2005, he won the FIP Tag Team Championship with Sal Rinauro in FIP, but lost it to The Heartbreak Express less than a month later, shortly before he returned to WWE.
- Later he announced in July 2005 that after he had fulfilled his obligations on the independent circuit, he would return to WWE whereas he made his return during a live event on 22nd August 2005, losing in a Fatal Four-Way Match for the WWE Cruiserweight Championship.
- He then reformed a tag team with his former partner Paul London on the edition of 30th September of "Velocity" and their first main competition for the titles came when K. C. James and Idol Stevens defeated the champions in a non-title match, in early August.
- London and Kendrick became the longest-reigning WWE Tag Team Champions until 2016 on 14th October, surpassing MNM's previous record of 145 days.
- On 17th June 2007, Kendrick, along with London, was drafted to the Raw brand during the Supplemental Draft as they won their debut match on Raw against The World's Greatest Tag Team on 18th June.
- As well, they beat the champions Hardcore Holly and Cody Rhodes next week on "Heat" in a non-title match. However, they failed to win the World Tag Team Titles on Raw after Holly pinned London.
- Kendrick was drafted back to the SmackDown brand while London stayed on Raw as part of the 2008 WWE Supplemental Draft where he made his return to the brand on the 18th July 2008 airing of SmackDown, as a heel, with new ring attire defeating Jimmy Wang Yang with the help of his bodyguard, Ezekiel.
- He won a 10-man battle royal to qualify for the WWE Championship Scramble match at Unforgiven on the edition of 22nd August of "SmackDown".
- He teamed with Jackson on many occasions, becoming the number one contender to the WWE Tag Team Championship held by Carlito and Primo, but they never managed to win the championship.
- Later he was separated from Jackson as he was drafted back to the Raw brand as part of the 2009 Supplemental Draft while Jackson was drafted to the ECW brand on 15th April 2009.
- In his final match, Brian was defeated by Kofi Kingston while cutting a promo on Jerry Lawler as the match ended with Kendrick turning around into Trouble In Paradise.
- WWE announced on 30th July 2009 that Kendrick was released from his contract.
- On 6th August 2009, he signed with Dragon Gate USA whereas his first match for the company was a losing effort against Cima at Untouchable.
- He made his return to Pro Wrestling Guerrilla at "Speed of Sound" on 28th August where he, wrestling as a heel, defeated Bryan Danielson after a low blow.
- Ring of Honor announced on 19th December that Brian would be making his return to the company on 13th February 2010, at the "8th Anniversary Show". At the event, he was defeated by Roderick Strong.
- He made his debut in Family Wrestling Entertainment, defeating Mike Benett in March 2012, and returned to DGUSA on 26th January 2013, winning an Eight Way Fray.
- He made his ICW debut in a match against Joe Coffey at ICW - Still Smokin' in the O2 ABC in Glasgow, Scotland where he was narrowly defeated. on 30th March 2014.
- Furthermore, Kendrick made his return to the promotion using his real name and lost to Amazing Red in a match for the TNA X Division Championship on 17th January 2010 at Total Nonstop Action Wrestling (TNA)'s pay-per-view Genesis.
- On 7th April 2010, Dixie Carter announced on her Twitter account that Brian had signed a new multi-year deal with the company.
- He joined EV 2.0 on 2nd September "Impact!" whereas TNA announced that he was released from his TNA contract on 27th February 2012.
- Kendrick made a surprise debut for New Japan Pro-Wrestling in Osaka on 18th June 2011 at Dominion 6.18 as well as New Japan announced that Kendrick would return to the promotion to take part in 2012 Best of the Super Juniors tournament as Davey Richards' replacement on 11th May 2012.
- He won five out of his eight matches in the round-robin stage of the tournament, which ran from 27th May to 9th June, but a loss to Ryusuke Taguchi in his final round-robin match caused him to narrowly miss advancing to the semifinals of the tournament.
- Kendrick returned to participate in 2013 Best of the Super Juniors in May 2013, where he managed to win four out of his eight matches, failing to qualify for the semifinals.
- He returned to NJPW on 25th October to take part in the 2013 Super Jr. Tag Tournament and founded his own professional wrestling promotion, called Brian Kendrick's Wrestling Pro Wrestling, in Bell Gardens, California in 2013.
- He was backstage at NXT TakeOver: R Evolution as he was reportedly trying out for a trainer role at the WWE Performance Center on 11th December 2014 as well as he made his televised return on the 25th February 2015 episode of NXT, losing to Finn Balor.
- He was announced as a participant in WWE's upcoming Cruiserweight Classic tournament on 13th June 2016 whereas he was eliminated from the tournament in the quarterfinals by Kota Ibushi on 26th August.
- Kendrick made his official main roster return, winning a number one contender's fatal four-way match against Cedric Alexander, Gran Metalik, and Rich Swann for the WWE Cruiserweight Championship on the 19th September episode of "Raw".
- He defeated Perkins to win the Cruiserweight Championship, after faking an injury at Hell in Cell on 30th October but he lost to Swann in a rematch for the title on "205 Live".
- He wrestled two televised matches for NXT UK during January and February 2020, losing to Travis Banks in his first and then losing to A-Kid in his second.
- After a brief hiatus due to the COVID-19 pandemic, he made his return on the 28th August episode of 205 Live where he defeated Tehuti Miles.
- Kendrick announced on 31st March 2021, in a video released on the WWE Performance Center's YouTube channel entitled "Brian Kendrick: Life After Wrestling", that his match on 30th October 2020, would be his semi-retirement match as he would be transitioning to a backstage producer role and that he would only wrestle part-time.
- However, the match never took place as scheduled and on 25th January 2022, it was reported that Brian had asked for his release from the company, which was granted six days later on 1st February.
- On the same day, Brian was granted his WWE he would make his All Elite Wrestling debut on the 2nd February episode of "AEW Dynamite", where he would face Jon Moxley.
- The match was pulled from the card, but, when Tony Khan was made aware of controversial comments made by Brian in the past.
- Brian Kendrick appeared as a contestant on the 8th March 2011 episode of "The Price Is Right" and he also played the role of 'Skull' in the movie, Slammed (2004).
- He starred in Season 4 of "Total Divas", training Eva Marie as well as he has appeared in the video games "WWE SmackDown vs. Raw 2009", "WWE SmackDown vs. Raw 2010", "WWE 2K18" and "WWE 2K20". He is also set to appear in WWE 2K Battlegrounds post-release.
Awards and Achievements
- Ironman Heavymetalweight Championship (1 time)
Full Impact Pro
- FIP Tag Team Championship (1 time) - with Sal Rinauro
- Florida Rumble (2004)
Insane Championship Wrestling
- ICW Tag Team Championship (1 time) - with Paul London
Los Angeles Wrestling
- LAW Heavyweight Championship (1 time)
Memphis Championship Wrestling
- MCW Southern Light Heavyweight Championship (3 times)
- MCW Southern Tag Team Championship (1 time) - with American Dragon
Pro Wrestling Illustrated
- PWI Tag Team of the Year (2007) with Paul London
- Ranked No. 43 of the top 500 singles wrestlers in the PWI 500 in 2003
- Pro Wrestling Zero-One / Pro Wrestling Zero1-Max
- NWA International Lightweight Tag Team Championship (2 times) - with Low Ki (1) and Kaz Hayashi (1)
- NWA/UPW/Zero-One International Junior Heavyweight Championship (1 time)
- Zero1-Max United States Openweight Championship (1 time)
Santino Bros. Wrestling
- SBW Championship (2 times)
Steeltown Pro Wrestling
- SPW Provincial Championship (1 time)
Texas Wrestling Alliance
- TWA Television Championship (1 time)
- TWA Tag Team Championship (1 time) - with American Dragon
Total Nonstop Action Wrestling
- TNA X Division Championship (1 time)
World Wrestling Entertainment/WWE
- WWE Cruiserweight Championship (1 time)
- WWE Tag Team Championship (1 time) - with Paul London
- World Tag Team Championship (1 time) - with Paul London
To whom Brian Kendrick is Married?
Brian Kendrick is a married wrestler. He tied a knot with "Tough Enough" finalist Taylor Matheny in August 2008. The couple currently resides in Venice, California, the United States. They both seem extremely happy in their domestic life. Taylor is supportive of him and the profession that he is in. There's much love between the two. Furthermore, talking about Brian's sexual orientation, he is straight.
How much is Brian Kendrick Net Worth?
Brian Kendrick has a net worth of $4 million as of 2022 whereas his exact amount of salary has not been disclosed yet. He is a passionate and hardworking man, so there is no doubt his net worth and salary will surely rise higher in the future days. Brian is also a promoter. He currently owns and operates his own promotion, called Brian Kendrick's Wrestling Pro Wrestling. In addition, his major source of income is his wrestler and promoter career.
What is the Height of Brian Kendrick?
Brian Kendrick stands at an ideal height of 5 ft 7 in (1.70 m) and his body weighs around 175 lb (79 kg). He has good-looking dark brown hair and hazel eyes color. Enriched with the toned bicep and perfect built, the wrestler doesn't hesitate to go shirtless. Additionally, his body build type is athletic.
Trivias About Brian Kendrick You Need To Know.
- Brian is best known for having held titles like World Tag Team Champion.
- He was ranked as one of the fifty best singles wrestlers by Pro Wrestling Illustrated in 2003.
- He was able to save enough money for wrestling school by working as a dishwasher.
- He was a contestant on the game show "The Price Is Right" in March 2011.
- He and Paul London became the longest-running tag team champions in WWE history.