Bridget Fonda - Bio, Age, Birthday, Facts, Awards, Husband, Kids, Net Worth, Weight, Nationality, Family, Wiki, Career, Movies, Education, TV Shows
Bridget Jane Fonda Elfman is an American former actress who is professionally known as Bridget Fonda. She is well recognized for her roles in "The Godfather Part III" (1990), "Single White Female" (1992), "Singles" (1992), "Point of No Return" (1993), "It Could Happen to You" (1994), and "Jackie Brown" (1997). She made her film debut at age five in "Easy Rider". Bridget is also well known for being the daughter of Peter Fonda, niece of Jane Fonda, and granddaughter of Henry Fonda. She was nominated for a Golden Globe Award for Best Supporting Actress for playing Mandy Rice-Davies in the 1989 film "Scandal" whereas she also received an Emmy Award nomination for the 1997 TV film "In the Gloaming". She made her mark on the acting world in the 1980s and 1990s after snagging key roles in a number of box office hits. In 1995, 'Empire' magazine named Fonda one of the '100 Sexiest Stars' in film history.
Bridget Fonda, 58, looks unrecognizable
Bridget Fonda, who retired from acting in 2002 after appearing in a number of critically-acclaimed films like Quentin Tarantino's Jackie Brown, looked unrecognizable as she stepped out in Los Angeles on Wednesday. She was captured carting her and her husband Danny Elfman's 17-year-old son Oliver around the city in her silver luxury Land Rover. For Wednesday's errand run, Bridget's once golden blonde hair was styled into a low ponytail that was secured in place with a scrunchie. She wore a pair of black-framed seeing glasses on her makeup-free face, and besides a few gold earrings, Bridget was completely devoid of accessories. With the COVID-19 pandemic still at large, Bridget made sure to mask up while in close proximity to the public.
- Being an American former actress.
- For her roles in "The Godfather Part III" (1990), "Single White Female" (1992), "Singles" (1992), "Point of No Return" (1993), "It Could Happen to You" (1994), and "Jackie Brown" (1997).
Where was Bridget Fonda born?
Bridget Fonda opened her eyes for the very first time on 27th January 1964 in Los Angeles, California, U.S. She was born with the real name of Bridget Jane Fonda Elfman in a Christian religious family. She is of American nationality and she came from a mixed ethnic background as she is of Dutch, English, Scottish, French-Canadian, 1/64th Italian, minor German and Belgian (Flemish), and remote Norwegian and Cornish descent. Fonda has recently celebrated her 58th birthday on the 27th January of 2022 and as per her birth date, her star sign is Aquarius. Thus, her race is white. Her father Peter Fonda was an American actor, director, and screenwriter, and her mother Susan Jane Brewer is an artist. She also has two siblings named Justin Fonda, Thomas McGuane Jr. Fonda's parents divorced, and her father Peter later married Portia Rebecca Crockett.
Talking about Fonda's education, she attended the Westlake School for Girls, an independent university preparatory day school in Los Angeles. After her high school graduation, she had studied method acting at the renowned Lee Strasberg Theatre Institute as part of the acting program of New York University's Tisch School of the Arts. She had graduated from there in 1986.
What does Bridget Fonda do for a living?
- Bridget Fonda conceived her career involving the theatre when she was cast in a school production of "Harvey" whereas she made her movie debut at age five (filmed at age four) in "Easy Rider" (1969) as a child in the hippie commune.
- Her second (non-speaking) part was in the 1982 comedy "Partners". She got her first substantial film role in "Scandal" in 1988, and starred in "You Can't Hurry Love" and "Shag".
- Her breakthrough role was as a journalist in "The Godfather Part III" and she was cast in the lead in Barbet Schroeder's "Single White Female".
- She was seen in 1993's "Point of No Return" and she was on the same flight as Quentin Tarantino when he offered her the part of Melanie in "Jackie Brown" in 1997.
- As well, she was seen in "Lake Placid" (1999), and was also reportedly offered the lead, eponymous role in the television series "Ally McBeal", but turned it down to concentrate on her film career.
- She appeared with Jet Li in the action thriller film Kiss of the Dragon" in 2001.
- Her final film role was in the 2001 movie, "The Whole Shebang" whereas her final role overall was the title role in the TV movie "Snow Queen" in 2002, and she has not appeared on screen since, having retired from acting.
Awards and Achievements
- 1990: Golden Globe Award for Best Supporting Actress in a Motion Picture for "Scandal"
- 1997: Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Miniseries or a Movie for "In the Gloaming"
- 2002: Golden Globe Award for Best Performance by an Actress In A Mini-series or Motion Picture Made for Television for "No Ordinary Baby"
Is Danny Elfman still married to Bridget Fonda?
Bridget Fonda is a married woman. She became engaged to film composer and former Oingo Boingo frontman Danny Elfman in 2003, and they married in the November of the following year. Starting at now, the couple is carrying on with an upbeat life and their bond is going more grounded with the progression of time. The pair is blessed with a son named Oliver Elfman in 2005. Reflecting on Fonda's sexual orientation, she is straight.
Bridget Fonda Net Worth
Bridget Fonda is among those few individuals that have such a wide range of experience and remains true to whatever she embarks on. She has a net worth of $12 million as of 2022 whereas her exact amount of salary has not been disclosed yet. Bridget has not done endorsement work for any brands yet. In addition, her major source of income is from her acting career.
Bridget Fonda Height, Weight, and Measurements
Bridget Fonda had the perfect body combined with good looks. She is 5 feet and 9 inches tall and her body weighs around 55 kg. She has dark brown hair and eyes color. Additionally, Fonda has an average body build with 32-26-32 inches of body measurement.
Trivias About Bridget Fonda You Need To Know.
- She was named after the late actress Margaret Sullavan's daughter Bridget Hayward, who had committed suicide.
- She made her film debut at age five in Easy Rider.
- She came from a family of actors and appeared in The Godfather Part III.
- She married Danny Elfman in November 2003 and the couple had a son named Oliver together.
- Her father is well-known movie actor Peter Fonda.