Facts About Brock Pierce
|Celebrated Name||Brock Pierce|
|Age||42 Years Old|
|Nick Name||Brock Pierce|
|Birth Name||Brock Pierce|
|Place Of Birth||Minnesota|
|Birth Nation||United States|
|Famous For||Director of the Bitcoin Foundation, Independent candidate for 2020 US Presidential election|
|Height||1.8 m (5 ft 11 in)|
|Hair Color||Light Brown|
|Net Worth||Around $1 billion|
|Source of Wealth||Cryptocurrency business|
|Movies||The Mighty Ducks, D2: The Mighty Ducks, First Kid, Little Big League, Ripper Man, Problem Child 3: Junior In Love, Three Wishes, Earth Minus Zero, and The Ride.|
Brock Pierce is an American entrepreneur, billionaire, and former child actor. He is best known for his involvement in cryptocurrency. He was one of the founders of the cryptocurrency, Tether, founded in 2014. He later became Director of Bitcoin Foundation in 2014. He was and has been associated with several entertainment as well as tech companies. He starred in several commercials and films as a child actor. After retiring from acting, he co-established Digital Entertainment Network (DEN).
He is an independent candidate for President of the United States in the 2020 US presidential election.
What is Brock Pierce Famous For?
- Independent candidate for President of the United States in the 2020 US presidential election.
- Director of the Bitcoin Foundation.
- Founder of cryptocurrency, Tether.
Where is Brock Pierce From?
Brock Pierce was born on 14 November 1980. His birth place is in Minnesota in the United States. He holds an American nationality. He was born to a father, Jeffrey Pierce, and a mother, Lynette Pierce. His father was a builder and his mother was a professional disco dancer. His grandfather was one of the biggest developers in the state who went bankrupt during the Eighties Mortgage crisis. He has a brother, Scot Pierce. He belongs to white ethnicity and his religion is Christianity.
Information about his education is not available.
Brock Pierce Career
- As a child actor, Pierce has appeared in several commercials.
- He later went on to star in movies, The Mighty Ducks, D2: The Mighty Ducks, First Kid, Little Big League, Ripper Man, Problem Child 3: Junior iN Love, Three Wishes, Earth Minus Zero, and The Ride.
- Pierce retired from acting at the age of 17.
- Having retired from acting, he founded Digital Entertainment Network (DEN) with Marc Collins-Rector and Chad Schackley. DEN was established to deliver original episodic video content over the Internet aimed at niche audiences.
- DEN raised $88 million in venture capital.
- Pierce produced its first show, Chad's World, a pilot for gay teenagers.
- DEN released IPO for $75 million in October 1999.
- However, the IPO was withdrawn in the wake of allegations of sexual assault against Collins-Rector. All three executives resigned. Pierce was also named as a defendant in the lawsuit filed by three former DEN employees in 2000. The lawsuit alleged that they provided the plaintiffs with drugs and pressured them for sex when they were teenagers. All charges against Pierce were voluntarily dismissed.
- A new executive team led by Gary Gersh and Greg Carpenter tried to salvage the company and relaunch in May 2000.
- DEN filed for bankruptcy and was shut down in June 2000.
- He founded Internet Gaming Entertainment (IGE) in 2001. The company pioneered the MMORPG currency-selling services industry.
- IGE spent more than $25 million buying out seven smaller competitors between 2004 and 2005.
- He estimated in 2005 that IGE accounted for about 50% of this online market in the US, which has about $500 million in annual volume.
- He brought in Steve Bannon to seek venture capital. A deal was made in February 2006 yielding $60 million. Pierce took away $20 million for a minority stake.
- The company faced a class-action lawsuit in 2007. Pierce was forced out of the company.
- He also founded ZAM in 2003. It is a net website oriented around massively multiplayer online role-playing games (MMORPG) such as World of Warcraft, Star Wars: The Old Republic, Rift, EverQuest, etc.
- The network included gaming websites such as ZAM.com, Wowhead, Thottbot, Torhead, and D3DB.
- Titan Gaming recruited Pierce to sit on its board in 2010.
- Pierce became the new CEO of Titan Gaming in 2012 after being rebranded as Playsino.
- He was also a managing director of the Clearstone Global Gaming Fund.
- He joined brothers Bart and Bradford Stephens to found venture capital firm, Blockchain Capital (BCC) in 2013. It raised $85 million in two venture funds by October 2017.
- Pierce then entered the cryptocurrency industry.
- He was the co-founder of the cryptocurrency, Tether with Reeves Collins and Craig Sellar in 2014.
- It surpassed Bitcoin in trading volume with the highest daily and monthly trading volume of any cryptocurrency on the market in 2019.
- He stated in July 2020 interview that his involvement in Tether ended in 2015.
- He was elected Director of the Bitcoin Foundation in May 2014.
- The organization announced its insolvency in July 2015.
- He moved to Puerto Rico in 2018, where he based his operations in a hotel called the Monastery in Old San Juan. It became an event and community center for the growing blockchain community on the island.
- Pierce started a conference called Restart Week after the damage from Hurricane Maria in 2017. The conference was started to encourage entrepreneurs to give back to the community through innovation and philanthropy in different regions of the island.
- He is also the chairman of the Integro Foundation. It raised over $1 million for KN-95 masks in April 2020.
- He announced his candidacy for the 2020 US presidency in July 2020. His running mate is Karla Ballard.
- He achieved ballot success in Oklahoma in July and in Arkansas and Colorado in August 2020.
- Tim Draper, Bitcoin advocate, and venture capitalist endorsed Pierce.
- Pierce's presidential campaign is backed up by Akon as a Chief Strategist.
Brock Pierce Wife
Brock Pierce was a married man. He is married to Crystal Rose. Rose is the CEO of Sensay. The couple got married in 2016. They had a blockchain-based marriage contract that can easily be dissolved renewed or altered annually. There is no authentic news about his children. Detail information about his personal life will be updated accordingly.
Brock Pierce Height
Brock Pierce stands at an approximate height of 1.8 m i.e. 5 feet and 11 inches tall. He has a body weight of 75 kg. He has a slim body build. His eye color is brown and his hair color is light brown. His sexual orientation is straight.
Brock Pierce Net worth
Brock Pierce is one of the popular names in the crypto industry. He has made his fortune from the crypto industry. He co-founded cryptocurrency Tether. He later became the Director of the Bitcoin Foundation. At the age of 18, Pierce made $250,000 a year. He held 1% of the DEN shares. He holds 95% in Crypto. He used bitcoin as collateral to purchase a $1.3 million mansion in Amsterdam. It was the first-ever crypto-backed mortgage in real estate. He was a child actor and starred in several commercials and films in his early career. He retired from acting by the age of 17.
His net worth was estimated between $700 million and $1.1 billion by Forbes in 2018.
Trivias About Brock Pierce You Need To Know.
- He called Tether as "one of the most important innovations in currency".
- Tether is a so-called stable coin because it maintains $1 dollar in reserves for each tether issued.
- He was named in the "top wealthiest people in crypto" by Forbes in 2018.
- He was a member investor of Bit Angels.
- He was an investor in BTC China.
- He has been a guest speaker at the Milken Global Conference, Singularity University, and Caltech.
- Pierce was the co-founder of Block.one, which released EOS.IO software.