Last updated on April 29th, 2021 at 08:43 pm
Facts About Brooke Shields
|Celebrated Name||Brooke Shields|
|Age||58 Years Old|
|Nick Name||Brooke Shields|
|Birth Name||Brooke Christa Shields|
Brooke Shields is an American actress and model who gained widespread recognition for her lead role as Violet in the drama film, "Pretty Baby"(1978). She was just 12 years old when she had her first breakthrough. Shields is also known for her roles in "The Blue Lagoon"(1980), "Franco Zeffirelli's Endless Love"(1981), and also in "Suddenly Susan"(1996–2000).
Aspired to be an actress from a young age, Shields made her debut in a television movie, "After the Fall" in 1974 at age of 9 following which she made her film debut in "Alice, Sweet Alice"(1976). Since then she hasn't turned back eventually establishing herself as one of the most popular actresses in the world. Her television credits include "Law & Order: Special Victims Unit", "That '70s Show" and "Lipstick Jungle".
Besides, she is active on social media sites with over 1.2 million followers on Instagram: @brookeshields and over 68k followers on Twitter: @BrookeShields.
What is Brooke Shields Famous for?
- Famous for her role as Violet in the drama film, "Pretty Baby"(1978).
Where is Brooke Shields From?
Brooke Shields was born on May 31, 1965, in Manhattan, New York, United States. Her birth name is Brooke Christa Shields. Her nationality is American. Shields belong to ethnicity while Gemini is her zodiac sign.
Born as the only daughter to her parents; Frank Shields(father) and Teri Shields(mother) in New York City, Shields was raised in a secular environment. Her father Francis was a businessman while her mother, Teri was an actress. Both of her parents were popular as her paternal grandmother, Donna Marina Torlonia was an Italian princess.
However, her parents divorced when she was just five months old. She then was raised by her mother who wanted her to become an actress. From her parents' other marriages, she has two stepbrothers and three half-sisters.
She attended the New Lincoln School initially then got transferred to Dwight-Englewood School in New Jersey; where she lived with her mother. Upon her high school graduation, she went on to study at Princeton University" from where she got graduated earning a bachelor's degree in French literature in 1987.
Making her way into movies, her autobiography, On Your Own, was published in 1985. Alongside her studies, she entered the world of entertainment with her first commercial when she was just 11 months old.
She experienced her first popularity when she appeared in the film, "Pretty Baby" at age of 12. Her popularity rose when she appeared on the cover of ‘Vogue’ magazine at age of 14. Within few years, he became a teenage sensation with her remuneration being $10k per day at age of 16. Shortly after he was signed by Ford Modelling Agency.
Brooke Shields's Career Highlights
- Brooke Shields started off her career as an actress making her debut as Violet in the drama film, "Pretty Baby"(1978). It was the movie that turned out to be one of the biggest breakthroughs in her career.
- Following year, she starred in another film titled "Wanda Nevada".
- She also appeared in controversial print and TV ads for Calvin Klein jeans. During the same time, she became a regular at New York City's nightclub Studio 54.
- Her most notable performance was in "romantic drama film, "The Blue Lagoon" where she played the lead role as Emmeline Lestrange in 1980.
- In 1981, she starred as Jade Butterfield in a romantic film titled "Endless Love".
- She played the role of a lesbian, Lily, in "The Misadventures of Margaret" in 1998.
- She made her first TV appearance at the age of 15 when she played a role on "The Muppet Show" in 1980.
- She got another break when she got cast as Susan Keane in the NBC sitcom, "Suddenly Susan", in which she starred from 1996 until 2000.
- She also made several guest appearances in some of the leading shows of the 1990s and early 2000s like ‘Friends,’ ‘That 70s Show,’ and ‘Two and a Half Men.’
- She then appeared in other shows including "Lipstick Jungle", "The Michael J. Fox Show", "When Calls the Heart", "Law & Order: Special Victims Unit", "Jane the Virgin" and "Murphy Brown".
- In 2012, she was also featured in the American genealogy documentary series, "Who do you think you Are?".
- She also has appeared in several Broadway musical theater productions; "Grease", "Cabaret", "Wonderful Town", "The Addams Family".
Brooke Shields's Relationship
Brooke Shields is a married woman and has been married twice to date. Her first marriage was with Andre Agassi, an American retired professional tennis player and former world No. 1. who is even an eight-time Grand Slam champion and a 1996 Olympic gold medalist. They met each other in 1993 and had been together since then till 1997 when they got married. However, their marriage just lasted for 2 years till 1999 when they got a divorce.
Following her divorce from Agassi, she dated Chris Henchy, an American screenwriter, and producer who is best known for co-creating the website, "Funny or Die" alongside Will Ferrell. They met through mutual friends in 1999 and after dating for months, they got married on April 4, 2001. Their marriage has been long-lasting as they have been together for 20 years now and have two daughters together named Rowan Francis Henchy and Grier Hammond Henchy.
Previously, she had relationships with several men including Liam Neeson, George Michael, Prince Naruhito, John Travolta, and Dodi Fayed.
Her most popular relationship was with legendary singer- Michael Jackson as Jackson was a huge fan of her and had her pictures all over his wall and mirrors. Jackson even revealed back in 2001, that they even went out on a date and even had asked Shields to get married to him. On July 7, 2009, Shields spoke at the memorial service for Michael Jackson.
She also shares a good bonding with Tom Cruise and even had attended Cruise and Katie Holmes's wedding in 2006. Also, she publicized her battle with postpartum depression while she appeared on "The Oprah Winfrey Show".
Brooke Shields's Net Worth
Brooke Shields has quite a healthy earnings from her professional career as an actress. Having her career started since the year of 1976, Shields has managed to come a long way up becoming one of the most recognizable actresses of the 1990s. With her charismatic acting performances and high profile, Shields won the hearts of millions of fans thus earning her more and more opportunities in movies and series.
Her source of income is surely her role in movies, series, and shows. Including her income, her million worth net worth is estimated to be around $45 million. With her million worth of fortune, she certainly has managed to live a luxurious lifestyle.
Brooke Shields's Height
Brooke Shields a gorgeous lady with a well-maintained slim body physique in her 50s. She stands tall with a height of 6ft. (1.83m) while her body weighs around 68kg(150 lbs).
Even though Shields is in her 50s, she has a jaw-dropping body physique of measurement 36-27-35 inches with 36B as her bra size. She has a fair complexion with light brown hair and blue eyes.