Facts About Brooks Laich
|40 Years Old
|Evan Brooks Laich
|Ice Hockey Player
|Place Of Birth
|6 feet 2 inches
|$4.5 Million (Annually)
|Source of Wealth
|Wikipedia, Instagram, Twitter, Facebook
Brooks Laich is a Canadian ice hockey player. He plays for the Washington Capitals of the NHL and has accumulated an enviable amount of wealth from the career. Let's take a look at the things people want to know about the hockey player. Let's know more about him through this article.
What is Brooks Laich famous for?
- A Canadian ice hockey player currently playing for the Toronto Marlies in the American Hockey League (AHL).
- The forward ice hockey player playing from his long-time Washington Capital Team from 2004 to 2016.
Where is Brooks Laich born?
Recalling his early life, Brooks was born as Evan Brooks Laich in Wawota, Saskatchewan, Canada. His nationality is Canadian and ethnicity is North American. His mother’s name is Jane Laich and father’s name is Harold Laich. He has two siblings, an older sister, Jodi Laich & younger brother, Jordan Laich. His father worked as a high school teacher and principal.
Similarly, Colorado Avalanche star Joe Sakic was his favorite player growing up. His favorite team was the Toronto Maple Leafs, whom he used to dream of captaining. While still playing junior hockey, he helped his hometown of Wawota raise money to purchase a Zamboni for the local arena.
When did Brooks Laich pursue his hockey career?
- Moving towards his career, Brooks started playing minor hockey in his hometown. During the 1999-2000 season, he was the top scorer & most valuable player for the midget AAA Tisdale Trojans. He was the runner-up for league MVP.
- He started his junior hockey career with the Moose Jaw Warriors of the Western Hockey League (WHL) during the 2000-01 season. He played in 71 games with the Warriors, scoring nine goals and adding 21 assists. He was awarded the club’s Scholastic Player of the Year for the 2000-01 season.
- After the season, he was drafted by the Ottawa Senators in the sixth round, 193rd overall, of the 2001 NHL Entry Draft. He started the 2001-02 season with the Warriors but was traded to the Seattle Thunderbirds.
- He spent the rest of his junior career with the Thunderbirds. He was named the team’s Most Dedicated Player after the 2001-02 season. He was named the WHL’s Western Conference MVP. He was also named to the WHL’s Western Conference First All-Star Team and the Canadian Hockey League’s Third All-Star Team.
- He attended the Ottawa Senators training camp before the 2002-03 season. He played his first professional game in the AHL for the Binghamton Senators in 2003. He made his NHL debut with the Senators on February 3rd, 2003, against the New Jersey Devils.
- Later in the season, he was traded to the Washington Capitals. After the trade, he reported to the Capitals’ AHL affiliate, the Portland Pirates. The NHL lockout saw he spend the entire 2004-05 season with the Pirates.
- During the 2005-06 season, He played in the Capitals & their new AHL affiliate, the Hershey Bears. After the Capitals’ season was over, He rejoined the Bears for their playoff run & helped the team capture the Calder Cup. He played the entire 2006-07 season with the Capitals.
- After the season, He & the Capitals went to salary arbitration, where he was awarded a one-year contract worth $725,000.
- He played in all 82 games for the Capitals during the 2007-08 season. As a restricted free agent after the season, Laich signed a three-year deal with the team on July 9th, 2008.
- The 2008-09 season saw he play in all 82 games for the Capitals again. His streak of consecutive games played broke in the 2009-10 season when he missed four games with a cheekbone injury in February 2010.
- On February 10th, shortly after returning from injury, Laich recorded his first career NHL hat trick, against the Montreal Canadiens.
- During the 2010-11 season, the Capitals participated in the 2011 NHL Winter Classic against the Pittsburgh Penguins. On June 28, 2011, he signed a six-year, $27 million contract extension worth $4.5 million per season.
- Before the start of the lockout-shortened 2012-2013 playing season, Laich played for the Kloten Flyers of Switzerland’s National League. He also reportedly suffered a groin injury, which limited his play upon his return stateside with the NHL.
- Except for a minor shoulder injury resulting in him missing 16 games, Laich returned to full health in 2014-15. He finished with 7 goals & 20 points in 66 games played.
- In the 2015-16 season, His offensive production rapidly declined. On February 27th, 2016, the Capitals placed Laich on waivers to send him to the Hershey Bears of the AHL.
- The following day, on the eve of the trade deadline, Laich was traded to the Toronto Maple Leafs, his boyhood team.
- He returned to Washington a few days later where the Capitals honored the centreman with a video tribute during the first period & a long-standing ovation from the hometown fans & his former teammates. The Maple Leafs lost the game 3-2.
- He played for Toronto Marlies in the 2016-17 season. As a free agent from the Maple Leafs, He was unsigned over the summer. He later accepted a try-out contract to attend the Los Angeles Kings' training camp.
- Despite suffering an early injury, He returned to impress in the preseason, however, he was ultimately released before the 2017-18 season.
Is Brooks Laich married or not?
Reflecting on her personal life, Brooks is a married man. He is married to his longtime girlfriend, Julianne Hough. She is an American dancer, singer, and actress. The couple tied the knot on 8th July 2017.
In February 2014, it was revealed that he started dating professional dancer and actress Julianne Hough. On August 18th, 2015, Laich officially announced via Instagram that he and Hough were engaged.
How much is Brooks Laich's worth?
Being an ice hockey player, Brooks earns a decent amount of money and fame through his profession in the field of the entertainment industry. Based on some online reports, his estimated net worth said to be $30 million at present. While his annual salary is somewhere around $4.5 million.
How tall is Brooks Laich?
Observing her body statistics, Brooks has a height of 6 feet 2 inches. Similarly, His body weighs 90 kg. He has Honey Blonde hair and blue eyes. Further, he has an athletic body but his other body information is yet to be disclosed. In the case of disclosed, we will let you know.