Facts About Bruce Buffer
|Celebrated Name||Bruce Buffer|
|Age||66 Years Old|
|Nick Name||"Veteran Voice of the Octagon"|
|Birth Name||Bruce Anthony Buffer|
|Profession||Ring Announcer , Businessman|
|Birth Nation||United States|
|Famous For||Official octagon announcer for UFC events.|
|Home Town||Philadelphia, Pennsylvania|
|Brothers||Michael Buffer (half-buffer)|
|Wife||Annie Buffer (Divorced)|
|Height||1.8 m (5 ft 11 in)|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
|Salary||$100,000 per event|
|Net Worth||$10 million|
|Source of Wealth||Salary, contracts, business|
Bruce Anthony Buffer, professionally known as Bruce Buffer is an American former kickboxer and a professional mixed martial arts ring announcer. He is best known as the official Octagon announcer for UFC events. He was introduced on broadcasts as the "Veteran Voice of the Octagon". He is the CEO and the President of his company, The Buffer Partnership. Boxing and professional wrestling ring announcer, Michael Buffer is Bruce's half brother.
What is Bruce Buffer Famous For?
- Official octagon announcer for UFC events.
Where is Bruce Buffer From?
Bruce Buffer was born on 21 May 1957. His birth name is Bruce Anthony Buffer. He was born in the United States. Information about his birth place is not available. He holds an American nationality. He was born to a father, Joe Buffer. Information about his mother is not available. His hometown is Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, where he grew up. He has an older half-brother, Michael Buffer. Michael Buffer is a popular ring announcer for boxing as well as wrestling. The two brothers hadn't met until they had reached their adult age. His zodiac sign is Taurus.
Bruce Buffer Career
- Bruce Buffer started taking judo lessons when he was 13. He reached the rank of the green belt.
- The family moved to Malibu, California at the age of 15.
- He started taking Tang Soo Do classes. He holds a second-degree black belt in Tang Soo Do.
- He started kickboxing in his 20s.
- He quit kickboxing at the age of 32 after he suffered a second concussion.
- He then met his older half-brother Michael Buffer who was a ring announcer for boxing and wrestling matches.
- Michael made Bruce his agent/manager.
- They eventually started a company, The Buffer Partnership. Bruce serves as the President and CEO of their company.
- Bruce became the MMA ring announcer for UFC.
- His catchphrase before the main event, "It's Time!" is popular.
- He also has a signature move, "Buffer 180", mostly performed in the main events. He also performs 45 and 90.
- He introduced Buffer 360 during his introduction to Frank Mir v. Brock Lesnar.
- He also introduced Buffer Bow for Randy Couture.
- He has announced for other MMA promotions, K-1 events, and biannual ADCC submission wrestling tournament among others.
- He guest-appeared in an episode of Friends, Entourage, and Comedy Central show Tosh.0.
- He appeared as himself in the 2015 film Hot Tub Time Machine 2.
- Bruce and his brother appeared in the 2018 mystery comedy movie Holmes & Watson.
- He is the official announcer for the World Series of Beer Pong.
- He provided announcing on the UFC-inspired song "It's Time" by American & Dutch DJs Steve Aoki and Laidback Luke.
- Relax Gaming, a gaming developer released a new video slot with Buffer called "It's Time" in October 2019.
Bruce Buffer Wife
Bruce Buffer is a divorcee. He was previously married to Annie Buffer. The couple shares a son, Dougie Buffer. They divorced in 2015. Not much detail about his personal life is available.
Bruce Buffer Height
Bruce Buffer stands at a height of 1.8 m i.e. 5 feet and 10 inches tall. He has an average body build. His eye color is dark brown and his hair color has grown greyish-white with age. His sexual orientation is straight.
Bruce Buffer Net Worth
Bruce Buffer is one of the popular ring announcer, who announces UFC events. He makes quite a decent salary from his profession as a ring announcer. He reportedly makes $100,000 per event. He also runs a The Buffer Partnership with his older half-brother Michael Buffer. He is the President and CEO of their company. He also earns playing poker. He is a world-rated poker player on the professional circuit. Summing up all, his net worth is estimated at $10 million.
Trivias About Bruce Buffer You Need To Know.
- He announces his popular catchphrase, "It's time!" before the main event of the UFC.
- He has a second-degree black belt in Tang Soo Do.
- He has a green belt in Judo.
- He is a world-rated poker player and has appeared on several poker events.
- The Luxor Las Vegas has named their poker room after Bruce Buffer.
- He has published a book, It's Time! My 360-Degree View of the UFC.