Bruce Springsteen Bio, Net Worth, Age, Facts, Wiki, Height, Family, Married, Wife, Band, Tour, Nationality, Parents, Movie, Songs, Concert, News
New Jersey's Bruce Springsteen, also known as The Boss is a famous arena rock star best known for his performance in the 1970s and 80s. This American singer is also known as a prolific songwriter, a guitarist and a recording artist whose unique songs are usually full of heartfelt stories that are full of Myths of old. In this article, we shall be discussing facts about the rock star's family, statistics, and net worth. So, keep reading below.
Where is Bruce Springsteen born?
Recalling his early life, Bruce Springsteen was born as Bruce Frederick Joseph Springsteen to his parents Douglas Frederick Springsteen, a bus driver and Adele Ann, a legal secretary in Long Branch, New Jersey, U.S. He is of Irish-Italian ancestry and belongs to American nationality. His birth sign is Libra. He has two sisters named Virginia and Pamela Springsteen.
Regarding his education, he attends Freehold High School. He then joined Ocean County College and later dropped out.
When did Bruce Springsteen begin to start singing?
- Talking about his career, Bruce began singing in 1972 which was quite a memorial for talented musicians. In the following year, his debut album Greetings from Asbury Park, N.J. was released and it featured mostly musicians who later became members of the E Street Band.
- His second album The Wild, the Innocent & the E Street Shuffle has released nearly immediately after the first one thanks to its wide acceptance in the global market.
- In 1992, after risking fan accusations of "going Hollywood" by moving to Los Angeles and working with session musicians, Springsteen released two albums at once: Human Touch and Lucky Town.
- In 1999, Springsteen and the E Street Band reunited and began their extensive Reunion Tour, which lasted over a year. Highlights included a record sold-out, 15-show run at Continental Airlines Arena in East Rutherford, New Jersey and a ten-night, sold-out engagement at New York City's Madison Square Garden.
- Springsteen made his first appearance on Saturday Night Live since 2002 on December 19, 2015, performing "Meet Me in the City", "The Ties That Bind", and "Santa Claus Is Coming to Town".
- In 2004, Springsteen and the E Street Band participated in the Vote for Change tour, along with John Mellencamp, John Fogerty, the Dixie Chicks, Pearl Jam, R.E.M., Bright Eyes, the Dave Matthews Band, Jackson Browne, and other musicians.
- On January 11, 2009, Springsteen won the Golden Globe Award for Best Song for "The Wrestler", from the Darren Aronofsky film by the same name. After receiving a heartfelt letter from lead actor Mickey Rourke, Springsteen supplied the song for the film for free.
- On December 14, 2018, the live album Springsteen on Broadway was released. The album reached the top 10 in more than 10 countries and no. 11 in the United States.
- Springsteen's nineteenth studio album, Western Stars, was released on June 14, 2019.
Who is Bruce Springsteen married to?
Reflecting on his personal life, Bruce was married twice in his life. Firstly, he was married to Julianne Phillps in 1985 after meeting her during his Born in the U.S.A. Tour. The marriage crashed in less than four years after which he began a relationship with E Street Band backup singer Patti Scialfa, the couple married in 1991. The couple is blessed with three kids named Evan, Jessica, and Samuel. as of now, the couple lives a blissful life with their children without rumors of separation or divorce.
How much net worth does Bruce Springsteen own?
As a famous singer, Bruce earns a decent amount of money and popularity in the field of the music industry. As per online sites, his estimated net worth said to be $500 million as of 2019 and his salary is somewhere around $80 million annually.
How tall is Bruce Springsteen?
Observing his body statistics, Bruce stands a height of 5 feet 10 inches and weighs around 77 Kg. He has a pair of hazel eyes and dark brown hair color. Further, his body measures 32-26-32 inches.
Did You Know?
- Considered becoming a baseball player prior to devoting himself to music.
- Many of his earlier songs make reference to the New Jersey shore, where he spent his youth.
- His song "The Ghost of Tom Joad" was inspired by the John Ford film The Grapes of Wrath (1940).
- He is a huge fan of Elvis Presley.