Last updated on March 31st, 2022 at 04:59 pm
Facts About Bruce Willis
|Celebrated Name||Bruce Willis|
|Age||68 Years Old|
|Birth Name||Walter Bruce Willis|
|Place Of Birth||Idar-Oberstein, Rhineland-Palatinate|
|Spouse||Demi Moore (M. 1987; Div. 2000) and Emma Heming (M. 2009 to Present)|
|Partner||Вrооkе Вurnѕ (2003-2004)|
|Siblings||Marlene, David and Robert|
|Height||6 feet 0 inches|
|Chest Size||42 inches|
|Waist Size||35 inches|
|Bicep Size||14 inches|
|Shoe Size||10 (US)|
|Net Worth||$250 Million|
|Source of Wealth||Entertainment Industry|
|Links||Wikipedia, Instagram, Twitter, Facebook|
Walter Bruce Willis, better known as Bruce Willis, is a talented television and movie actor famous for portraying versatile roles. While he shot to fame with his portrayal of David Addison Jr. in the television series Moonlighting, he is better known for his action and dramatic roles in films like Die Hard and The Sixth Sense.
As a youngster, he had a stuttering problem and took to stage performances to overcome this issue. Coming from a family of blue-collar workers, he took up several menial jobs before venturing into professional acting. After going through a period as a struggling actor, he finally landed his first gig in an off-Broadway production of Heaven and Earth. To know more about him, you can read the below article.
Bruce Willis gives up acting due to brain disorder aphasia
On 30th March 2022 (Wednesday), the family of Bruce Willis announced that Willis has been diagnosed with aphasia, a neurological condition that affects a person's ability to communicate verbally or through writing. Due to this, Bruce Willis is stepping away from his acting career. In a statement posted on Instagram, Willis' family said aphasia is affecting the actor's cognitive abilities. Further, Willis has drawn attention to the brain disorder that leads to problems with speaking, reading, and writing. "This is a really challenging time for our family and we are so appreciative of your continued love, compassion, and support," the Willis family said Wednesday. "We are moving through this as a strong family unit, and wanted to bring his fans in because we know how much he means to you, as you do to him. As Bruce always says, 'Live it up' and together we plan to do just that." Willis' wife, Emma, along with his ex-wife Demi Moore and their three adult daughters Rumer, Tallulah and Scout shared in identical Instagram posts that his diagnosis "is impacting his cognitive abilities." The 67-years old, Legendary "Die Hard" and "Pulp Fiction" actor Bruce Willis has ended his more than four-decade acting career after being diagnosed with a cognitive disorder, his family said. At the time of his retirement, Willis had completed eight films awaiting release in 2022 and 2023.
What is Bruce Willis Famous For?
- An American actor, producer, and singer.
Where was Bruce Willis Born?
Going back to his early life, Bruce was born in Idar-Oberstein, Rhineland-Palatinate, West Germany, and raised in Penns Grove, New Jersey, U.S. His nationality is American and his ethnicity is mixed. His father's name is David Willis who was an American soldier and his mother's name is Marlene who was worked at a bank. Also, he had two brothers named David and Robert Willis and a sister named Florence Willis. He celebrated his 67th birthday as of 2022.
For education, He went to Penns Grove High School. Being a popular student, he was elected the student council president. Later, he enrolled at Montclair State University to study drama. However, he left during his junior year to pursue his acting career in New York City.
Bruce Willis Career Highlights
- After struggling to find work, Bruce finally got a chance to perform in the off-Broadway production Heaven and Earth in 1977. More stage appearances followed, including a lead role in Bullpen.
- Following his success on stage, he auditioned for the role of David Addison in the television series Moonlighting. He beat 3000 other contenders to win the role. The series ran from 1985 to 1989 and made Willis a star.
- He got his first lead role in 1987 in the romantic comedy Blind Date. The movie was a financial success, even though it received mostly negative reviews.
- He received his big breakthrough in the movie Die Hard in 1988. He played police officer John McClane in the film which went on to become a huge hit and established him as an action hero.
- He reprised his role as John McClane in the 1990 movie Die Hard 2 which outdid its predecessor in terms of commercial as well as critical success.
- His success as an actor took a beating when he starred in a string of flop movies in the early-1990s. These movies include The Bonfire of the Vanities (1990), Hudson Hawk (1991), and Color of Night (1994).
- He bounced back with the black comedy and crime film Pulp Fiction in 1994. His portrayal of Butch Coolidge in the film resurrected his acting career.
- In 1998, he starred in Armageddon which became the highest-grossing film of the year. Along with Willis, the film’s cast included Ben Affleck, Liv Tyler, Owen Wilson, and Keith David.
- In 2000, he appeared as Paul Stevens in three episodes of the television sitcom Friends. His role in the series earned him much appreciation and an Emmy Award.
- He went on to act in several films, including Unbreakable (2000), Hostage (2005), Live Free or Die Hard (2007), and Surrogates (2009).
- His other major movies include The Moonrise Kingdom (2012), A Good Day to Die Hard (2013), and RED 2 (2013).
- An established action hero, He took up several roles in the late-2010s and appeared in movies like Extraction (2015), Marauders (2016), First Kill (2017), Death Wish (2018), and Reprisal (2018).
- In 2019, He starred in the last installment of M. Night Shyamalan’s Unbreakable trilogy movie Glass, alongside James McAvoy, Samuel L. Jackson, and Sarah Paulson. Though the movie was panned by the critics, it was a huge box-office hit.
Who is Bruce Willis Married to?
Bruce Willis was married twice in his life, Hiѕ fіrѕt mаrrіаgе wаѕ tо thе асtrеѕѕ, fоrmеr ѕіngеr, аnd mоdеl Dеmі Мооrе. Тhеу gоt mаrrіеd іn 1987, ѕераrаtеd іn 1998 аnd dіvоrсеd іn 2000. They gаvе bіrth tо 3 dаughtеrѕ tоgеthеr, Rumеr Wіllіѕ, Ѕсоut LаRuе Wіllіѕ аnd Таllulаh Веllе Wіllіѕ. Fоllоwіng thаt, Вruсе Wіllіѕ hаd а rеlаtіоnѕhір аnd wаѕ еngаgеd tо thе fаѕhіоn mоdеl, асtrеѕѕ, аnd ТV реrѕоnаlіtу Вrооkе Вurnѕ fоr аrоund tеn mоnthѕ bеtwееn 2003 аnd 2004.
Also, He hаѕ bееn mаrrіеd tо thе Еnglіѕh mоdеl аnd асtrеѕѕ Еmmа Неmіng ѕіnсе 2009. They gаvе bіrth tо 2 dаughtеrѕ tоgеthеr, Еvеlуn Реnn Wіllіѕ аnd Маbеl Rау Wіllіѕ. Presently, the couple seems to be happy and live blissful life without negative rumors.
How much is Bruce Willis worth?
Вruсе Wіllіѕ іѕ оnе оf thе mоѕt lоvеd tо wаtсh асtоrѕ, whо hаvе mоѕtlу арреаrеd іn mоvіеѕ. Ѕо fаr, hе hаѕ арреаrеd іn mоrе thаn 115 mоvіеѕ аnd ѕеrіеѕ wіth оutѕtаndіng реrfоrmаnсеѕ thаt аlwауѕ lеаvе а mаrk іn thе ТV іnduѕtrу. As per the online sources, his estimated net worth is said to be $300 million.
Не mаdе hіѕ 100’ѕ оf mіllіоnѕ fоrtunе fоrm hіѕ grеаt реrfоrmаnсе іn mоvіеѕ whісh grоѕѕеd hundrеdѕ оf mіllіоnѕ аnd еvеn bіllіоnѕ аt thе bох оffісе. He іѕ соnѕіdеrеd аѕ оnе оf thе hіghеѕt-раіd асtоrѕ оf аll tіmе, аѕ hіѕ ѕаlаrу аvеrаgе іѕ $15 mіllіоn. However, his assets details are yet to be disclosed.
How Tall is Bruce Willis?
Bruce Willis has a height of 6 feet 0 inches and he has a bodyweight of 92 Kg. His eyes are blue and his hair is bald. Similarly, his chest size is 42 inches, his waist size is 35 inches and his biceps size is 14 inches. Further, his shoe size is 10 (US).
Trivias About Bruce Willis You Need To Know.
- The scar on his right shoulder is from surgery due to complications from a broken arm when he was age 17.
- He had a stutter until he began acting on stage at school.
- He was briefly employed as a security guard and a private investigator after graduating high school.
- He was born in Idar-Oberstein, West Germany but raised in New Jersey.
- President George W. Bush appointed him as spokesmen for Children in Foster Care.