Facts About Bruno Mars
|Celebrated Name||Bruno Mars|
|Age||37 Years Old|
|Nick Name||Bruno Mars|
|Birth Name||Peter Gene Bayot Hernandez|
|Place Of Birth||Honolulu, Hawaii, U.S.|
|Mother||Bernadette "Bernie" San Pedro Bayot|
|High School||President Theodore Roosevelt High School|
|Source of Wealth||Singing career|
|Net Worth||$175 million|
|Salary||$950,000 per concert|
|Height||5 ft 5 in or 165 cm|
|Weight||67 kg or 148 pounds|
|Body Measurement||32-26-32 inches|
|Hair Color||Dark brown|
|Eye Color||Dark brown|
|Links||Wikipedia Instagram Twitter|
Peter Gene Hernandez, an American singer, songwriter, record producer, musician, and dancer is professionally known as Bruno Mars. He is well recognized for his stage performances, retro showmanship, and for performing in a wide range of musical styles, including pop, R&B, funk, soul, reggae, hip hop, and rock. His songs "Just the Way You Are" and "Grenade" both became worldwide #1 singles, and he co-wrote the hit song "Wavin' Flag" with K'naan. Mars released his debut album "Doo-Wops & Hooligans" on 4th October 2010, via Elektra Records whereas he also played Little Elvis in the 1992 comedy film "Honeymoon in Vegas". Moreover, Billboard named Mars the third Top Artist of the 2010s in 2021 and he also became the first artist to receive five diamond certified songs in the United States in 2021.
- Being an American singer, songwriter, record producer, musician, and dancer.
- For his stage performances, retro showmanship, and for performing in a wide range of musical styles, including pop, R&B, funk, soul, reggae, hip hop, and rock.
Where is Bruno Mars from?
Bruno Mars took birth on 8th October 1985 with the real name of Peter Gene Hernandez in Honolulu, Hawaii, the U.S. He holds American nationality and he belongs to a mixed ethnic background as he has Jewish Puerto Rican and American ancestry on his father's side and is of Filipino descent on his mother's side. Similarly, his religion is Christian and his race is white. Bruno has celebrated his 35th birthday as of 2020 whereas he will be celebrating his 36th birthday in the October of 2021. As per his birthdate, his star sign is Libra. His father, Peter Hernandez is a musician and his mother, Bernadette "Bernie" San Pedro Bayot was a dancer who died of a brain aneurysm on 1st June 2013. His parents divorced when he was 12 years old. He has five siblings named Eric Hernandez (Older Brother), Presley Hernandez (Sister), Tiara Hernandez (Sister), Jaime Kailani (Sister), Tahiti Hernandez (Sister).
Talking about Bruno's education, he graduated from President Theodore Roosevelt High School in 2003.
What does Bruno Mars do for a living?
- Bruno Mars kicks off his singing career performing five days a week with his family's band, The Love Notes and when he was five he urinated himself during a performance of Elvis' "Can't Help Falling in Love" (1961).
- He then featured in the Hawaiian tabloid shopper "MidWeek" as "Little Elvis" in 1990 and starred in a cameo role in the film "Honeymoon in Vegas" in 1992.
- He was featured on "The Arsenio Hall Show" at the age of 6 whereas he later signed a record contract with Motown Records in 2004.
- As well, he co-wrote the Sugababes' hit song "Get Sexy" (2009) and provided backing vocals on their album "Sweet 7" (2010) whereas he was also featured as a singer on Far East Movement's second studio album, "Animal", on the track "3D" in 2009.
- Mars reached prominence as a solo artist after being featured on and composing American rapper B.o. B's "Nothin' on You" (2009) and McCoy's "Billionaire" (2010).
- He released his debut extended play (EP), "It's Better If You Don't Understand" on 11th May 2010 which peaked at number 99 on the US Billboard 200 and a music video was released for the song "The Other Side".
- Then he released "Just the Way You Are" on 20th July 2010 as the lead single from his debut studio album, "Doo-Wops & Hooligans" (2010).
- He launched the single "It Will Rain" for "The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn - Part 1" film soundtrack (2011) and began to promote his debut album as the opening act for American bands Maroon 5 and OneRepublic on the fall leg of the former act's Palm Trees & Power Lines Tour.
- Bruno signed a worldwide publishing deal with BMG Chrysalis US in March 2012 and he announced the "Unorthodox Jukebox" release date, on 11th December 2012.
- He ran his second headlining concert tour, The Moonshine Jungle Tour, from June 2013 to October 2014.
- Apart from his music career, Mars cast Roberto in the movie "Rio 2" (2014).
- Later he started working on his third studio album, "24K Magic" in September 2014. The song was released as the lead single of "24K Magic" in October 2016.
- CBS aired his first TV concert special, "Bruno Mars: 24K Magic Live at the Apollo" on 29th November 2017.
- Mars worked on Chic's studio album "It's About Time" (2018) as well as he and American rappers Gucci Mane and Kodak Black released "Wake Up in the Sky" for Mane's thirteenth studio album, "Evil Genius" (2018).
- Cardi B and Mars released a single together, "Please Me" in February 2019 as well as Chris Stapleton, and Bruno collaborated on, "Blow", for the former's fourth studio album, No.6 Collaborations "Project" (2019).
- In March 2020, a representative of Mars stated the latter was "in the creative process of working on his next album."
- Mars and American rapper Anderson Paak announced on 26th February 2021 that they have recorded an album together under the band name Silk Sonic. The band's debut album is set to be titled "An Evening with Silk Sonic".
- "Leave The Door Open" was released as the lead single on 5th March 2021 which reached number one in the United States and New Zealand.
- Furthermore, "Pollstar" named Mars the hip-hop/R&B touring artist of the 2010's decade in 2021.
- Bruno Mars co-directed with Cameron Duddy ten music videos from his albums "Doo-Wops & Hooligans", "Unorthodox Jukebox", and "24K Magic", as well as featured singles.
- He also co-directed the music video for "Finesse" with Florent Dechard in 2018 as well as choreographed the video for "Treasure".
- Bruno and Dechard directed the video for "Leave the Door Open" in 2021, for which they won Video Director of the Year at the BET Awards 2021
Awards and Achievements
- ALMA Award for Favorite Pop/Rock Male Artist
- American Music Awards for Artist of the Year
- ASCAP Pop Music Awards for his songs such as "The Lazy Song", "Locked Out of Heaven", "Treasure", "When I Was Your Man", "It Will Rain"
- ASCAP Rhythm & Soul Music Awards for his song "Nothin' On You"
- APRA Music Awards for "Uptown Funk"
- BET Awards for Best Male R&B/Pop Artist
- Soul Train Music Awards for his song "24K Magic"
- Space Shower Music Awards for Best International Artist
- Swiss Music Awards for Best Breaking Act International
- Urban Music Awards for International Artist of the Year
- Z Awards for Best New Artist
Tours and residencies
- The Doo-Wops & Hooligans Tour (2010-2012)
- Moonshine Jungle Tour (2013-2014)
- 24K Magic World Tour (2017-2018)
- European tour with Travie McCoy (2010)
- Hooligans in Wondaland Tour with Janelle Monae (2011)
- Palm Trees & Power Lines Tour (2010)
- Bruno Mars at The Chelsea, Las Vegas (2013-2015)
- Bruno Mars at Park MGM (2016-2021)
Who is Bruno Mars Dating?
Bruno Mars is an unmarried singer. He has been dating model Jessica Caban since 2011. The two remain a couple as of now, residing together in a mansion in the Hollywood Hills with a Rottweiler named "Geronimo". There is a greater possibility of his marriage after all he seems happy in his relationship with his girlfriend. Concerning Bruno's sexual orientation, he is straight.
How much is Bruno Mars Net Worth?
Bruno Mars has a net worth of $175 million as of 2021 whereas he has also a fine amount of salary which is around $950,000 per concert. Mars' earnings around $18,839,681, making him the twelfth highest paid musician of 2013. In July 2018, "Forbes" announced that Mars was America's highest-paid musician of 2017, with an estimated total of $100 million. He has also appeared in two commercials for Bench as part of their clothing line "Bench On Mars" and "Bruno Mars Gets Khaki in Bench" in 2011. On 5th March 2021, Mars, under his designer alter ego, Ricky Regal, released luxury 1970s-inspired sportswear with Lacoste, entitled Lacoste x, Ricky Regal. In addition, his major source of income is from his singing career.
What is the Height of Bruno Mars?
Bruno Mars is 5 ft 5 in or 165 cm tall and his body weighs around 67 kg or 148 pounds. He has good-looking dark brown hair and eyes color. His strong high tenor voice, singing choruses in rap songs frequently, wearing a hat in his songs attracted a lot of people towards him. His body build type is average and his body measurement is 32-26-32 inches.
Trivias About Bruno Mars You Need To Know.
- Bruno's father is from Ukraine, Hungary, and Brooklyn, New York, and his mother was from the Philippines.
- Mars started performing in his family' band, The Love Notes at the age of 4.
- He co-wrote Flo Rida's hit song "Right Round."
- He began dating model/actress Jessica Caban in 2011 and he previously dated fellow singer Rita Ora.
- He moved to Los Angeles after college to be a musician.