Burak Yılmaz Net Worth: Who does Burak Yilmaz play for?
Burak Yilmaz is a Turkish Professional Footballer, who plays for Ligue 1 club Lille and Captains the Turkey National Team as a striker.
Who does Burak Yilmaz play for?
- Burak Yilmaz began his football career in Antalyaspor, where he was promoted to the senior team at the age of 16. He scored his first two goals at the professional level in the 2004-2005 season against Karsiyaka at Izmir Alsancak Stadium on 29th August 2004.
- He played at 29 league matches, scoring 8 goals as well as contributed to the success of the team's promotion to the Super Lig after finishing second in Division 1 in the 2005-2006 season, scoring 9 goals in 24 matches.
- He played 70 league games and scored 17 league goals in total.
- Burak joined Besiktas at the 2006-2007 summer transfer window where he made his Super Lig debut on 6th August 2006 against Manisaspor and scored his first goal against Konyaspor in a 3-1 win for Besiktas.
- He scored 5 goals in 30 league appearances in his first season as Besiktas finished the season in the 2nd spot.
- He later joined Manisaspor as part of an exchange deal in January 2008, and later to Fenerbahce on 29th June 2008.
- Yilmaz was transferred to Fenerbahce on 29th June 2008 and was presented at a news conference wearing the number 7 shirt.
- He had been a disappointment during his spell in Fenerbahce, only playing six games and failing to score in the 2008-2009 season.
- Burak joined Trabzonspor on a permanent deal in February 2010 and made his Trabzonspor debut on 15th February 2010, playing last 15 minutes against Bursaspor on a 1-1 draw.
- He became the leading goalscorer of Trabzonspor with 19 goals in 30 league games and he signed a new four-year contract with the club in July 2011.
- In the 2011-2012 season, he scored 33 goals in 34 appearances at the regular season, setting a new club record previously held by Fatih Tekke who scored 31 goals in the 2004-2005 season.
- Burak Yilmaz joined Galatasaray from Trabzonspor for €5m transfer fee in July 2012, with a four-year contract with an additional one-season-option. He scored his first goal for Galatasaray against Bursaspor, as the game finished 3-2, making it Galatasaray's historic 1000th league win on 2nd September 2012.
- He then scored a goal from a header against CFR Cluj on 23rd October 2012 as the game ended in a 1-1 draw at third match-week in Group H of the 2012-2013 UEFA Champions League group stage.
- On 28th October of the following year, he scored his 100th career goal, during a 3-0 win against Kayserispor, maintaining their position as league leaders.
- Later, he netted a hat-trick in a 3-1 away win over CFR Cluj in the Champions League on 7th November 2012, becoming the first Turkish player to score three goals in a Champions League game since Tuncay Sanli.
- Burak scored in both legs against Schalke 04 in the Champions League round of 16, before his team was eliminated by Real Madrid in the quarter-finals.
- He scored his 100th Super Lig goal against Sivasspor in a 2-1 home win on 23rd November 2013.
- Galatasaray announced the transfer of Burak to the Chinese Super League club Beijing Guoan for €8 million transfer fee on 5th February 2016. Trabzonspor was to receive €2 million from Galatasaray, following the transaction agreement.
Return to Trabzonspor
- Burak later returned to Trabzonspor on 2nd August 2017, for family reasons and managed to score 23 goals in 25 matches in the 2017-2018 season.
Return to Besiktas
- Yilmaz scored 25 goals in 40 official games during his second period at Besiktas.
- On 1st August 2020, Lille announced the arrival of Burak as the parties agreed upon a two-season-long contract.
- He made his Ligue 1 debut against Rennes at the first-week encounter of the 2020-2021 season, which ended 1-1, held at Stade Pierre-Mauroy, on 22nd August 2020.
- Then, he scored his first league goal against Strasbourg as Lille beat their opponents with 3-0 being the final score, on 4th October 2020.
- Yilmaz scored a brace in a 3-2 comeback away win over fellow title challengers Lyon on 25th April 2021 whereas he scored a penalty in a 2-1 away win over Angers on 23rd May 2021, to secure the 4th Ligue 1 title for Lille in their history.
- Burak became the first player to score at least 15 goals in his first Ligue 1 season with Lille since Moussa Sow hit 25 in their title-winning campaign a decade prior.
- Burak Yilmaz made his international debut for Turkey under coach Fatih Terim in a 1-1 away draw with Azerbaijan in a friendly match on 12th April 2006.
- He scored his first goal in a 1-1 away draw with Belgium during the UEFA Euro 2012 qualifying on 3rd June 2011.
- As well, he was part of the Turkey squad in the UEFA Euro 2016 and UEFA Euro 2020.
- He also scored his first international hat-trick in a 4-2 win over the Netherlands in the 2022 FIFA World Cup qualification on 24th March 2021.
- Lille OSC 01/08/2020 for free
- Besiktas 04/01/2019 for 1.4M €
- Trabzonspor 02/08/2017 for 3.5M €
- Beijing Guoan 22/02/2016 for 8M €
- Galatasaray 19/07/2012 for 7M €
- Trabzonspor 01/02/2010
- Fenerbahce 31/01/2010 at end of loan
- Eskisehirspor 29/07/2009 for loan
- Fenerbahce 21/07/2008 for free
- Manisaspor 07/01/2008
- Besiktas 01/07/2006 for 1M €
- Antalyaspor 01/07/2002 From Antalyaspor U21
How much is Burak Yilmaz's Net Worth?
Burak Yilmaz is a talented footballer who has a net worth of $16 million as of 2021. He also earns a fine amount of salary which is around 2.6 million euros per year. He's among those few individuals that have such a wide range of experience and remains true to whatever he embarks on. His current market value is €2.80m as of May 2021 whereas his highest market value is €18.00m as of June 2013. In addition, his major source of income is his football career.