Busta Rhymes - Bio, Net Worth, Rapper, Real Name, Fast Rapper, Married, Wife, Nationality, Family, Parents, Siblings, Age, Facts, Wiki, Height, Kids
Busta Rhymes is an American rapper, musician, singer, record producer, record executive, and actor, who is well known for his intricate and high-speed rhyming technique along with his outlandish style and fashion sense. Rhymes gained his first recognition for his debut album, "The Coming"(1996) including the hit song "Woo Hah!! Got You All in Check".
On his 20-year long career, he has released 9 studio albums, has been enlisted as the "50 Greatest MCs of Our Time"(1987–2007), and also is called "one of hip-hop's greatest visual artists". Rhymes is also the founder of a popular record label, "Conglomerate" which he founded in 1994 as Flipmode. He has won several awards including for 12 Grammy Awards nominations, a Billboard R&B/Hip-Hop Awards, and 6 BET Hip Hop Awards.
Besides, Rhymes is quite active in social media sites with over 2.5 million followers on his Instagram: @bustarhymes.
What is Busta Rhymes Famous for?
- Famous as one of hip-hop's greatest visual artists.
- Best known for his hit debut song, "Woo Hah!!".
Where was Busta Rhymes Born?
Busta Rhymes was born on May 20, 1972, in Brooklyn, New York City, New York, United States. His birth name is Trevor George Smith Jr. His nationality is American. Rhymes belong to African-American ethnicity while Taurus is his zodiac sign.
Busta was born to Geraldine Green(mother) and Trevor Smith Sr(father). His parents hail from Jamaica and later moved to the US. He grew up along with his brother named Paul Smith. When Rhymes was 12, he moved to Uniondale, Long Island, and then moved to the United Kingdom, before returning back to the United States.
He attended George Westinghouse Career and Technical Education High School in Brooklyn, where he met future rappers such as The Notorious B.I.G and Jay Z. Later, Rhymes studied at Samuel J. Tilden High School where he met Special Ed and Chip Fu of Fu-Schnickens.
Finally, he graduated from Uniondale High School in Long Island in 1991 at the age of 19. Busta always had an interest in music since his childhood subsequently, he formed the East Coast hip hop group, "Leaders of the New School" alongside Charlie Brown, Dinco D and Cut Monitor Milo in 1990.
Rhymes was the leader of the group, which got its first big break as an opening act for the hip hop group, "Public Enemy".
What Does Busta Rhymes Do For Living?
- Busta Rhymes began his professional career as a member of "Leaders of the New School" releasing their debut album titled "A Future Without a Past..." in 1991 on Elektra Records.
- Their second album, "T.I.M.E. (The Inner Mind's Eye)" was released in 1993. Rhymes began gaining popularity from his advanced rhymes and his unique fashion style at the time.
- Because of Busta Rhymes's increasing popularity, the group broke up on the set of "Yo! MTV Raps".
- His debut solo album titled "The Coming" was released on March 26, 1996. The album turned to be a hit album that got much recognition with the hit single, "Woo Hah!! Got You All in Check".
- On September 16, 1997, his second album, "When Disaster Strikes" was released including the hit singles "Put Your Hands Where My Eyes Could See" and "Fire It Up".
- His third album, "Extinction Level Event(Final World Front)" was released on December 15, 1998. Its lead single "Gimme Some More" reached No. 6 in the UK singles chart in January 1999.
- In 2000, Busta Rhymes recorded his final album for Elektra, and fourth-album entitled "Anarchy". He released the greatest hits collection "Total Devastation: The Best of Busta Rhymes" after he got signed to J Records.
- His fifth album, "Genesis" was released on November 27, 2001, which included hit singles like "What It Is", "Break Ya Neck", "Pass the Courvoisier, Part II".
- In 2002, Rhymes released his sixth studio album, "It Ain't Safe No More". The album included singles, "I Know What You Want", "Make It Clap".
- His seventh studio album, titled "The Big Bang" released on June 13, 2006, became his first No. 1 album that earned the top spot on the US Billboard 200. It included singles including "Touch It", "I Love My Bitch".
- In 2007, Busta Rhymes released a song featuring Linkin Park, titled "We Made It".
- His eighth studio album, "Back on My B.S." was released on May 19, 2009, when he linked a deal with Universal Motown. The album debuted at No. 5 on the Billboard 200 that had singles including "Arab Money", "World Go Round". However, due to controversial content, the United Arab Emirates(UAE) has banned the album.
- In 2010, Busta Rhymes formed his new label "The Conglomerate Entertainment".
- Rhymes also performed vocals on the single, "Worldwide Choppers" in 2011. The same year, he recorded "Look at Me Now" with Chris Brown and Lil Wayne. He was also featured in Canadia star, Justin Bieber's song called "Drummer Boy".
- On November 16, 2011, it was announced that Busta Rhymes signed to Cash Money Records. He debuted on Cash Money with his single "Why Stop Now" alongside Chris Brown.
- His ninth studio album, "Year of the Dragon", was released for free on Google Play on August 21, 2012. He also released a music video for the track "Doin' It Again" as a tribute to his manager, Chris Lighty who committed suicide in 2012.
- On December 21, 2012, members of The Conglomerate Ent., Busta along with J. Doe and Reek da Villan released their first collective mixtape titled "Catastrophic".
- On June 6, 2013, the first single off his Cash Money Records debut, "Twerk It" was released. However, on July 23, 2014, Rhymes announced that he left Cash Money Records due to creative differences.
- On November 7, 2013, he released "Thank You", a song featuring Q-Tip, Kanye West, and Lil Wayne.
- On February 2, 2018, Rhymes released a new single "Get It" featuring Missy Elliott and Kelly Rowland through Epic Records.
- Rhyme's latest collaborated song, "Stay Down" got leaked online on Wednesday, June 17, 2020. The track was from Busta’s days at Cash Money.
- "Billboard R&B/Hip-Hop Awards"
- 6 "BET Hip Hop Awards"
- "International Dance Music Awards"
- "Soul Train Music Awards"
- "The Source Awards" for Music Video of the Year
- "Myx Music Award" for Favorite International Music Video
- "Smash Hits Poll Winners Party" for Best Video
Who is Busta Rhymes Married to?
Busta Rhymes was in a relationship with his longtime girlfriend Joanne Wood. Wood and Rhymes began dating while they were just high school kids, and she is even the mother of Rhyme's 4 children: 3 sons, T’Ziah(b. 1993), T’Khi(b. 1999), and Trillian(b. 2001) and a daughter, Mariah(b. 1998).
However, their relation ended up but with much controversy as they even entered custody battle in the early-2000s, however, Rhymes won the battle while Joanne came out as a lesbian. Rhymes also had encounters with other beautiful ladies including Karrine Steffans(2001) and Eden Har'el(1998). He also has 2 other daughters named Cacie(b 1999), and Miracle(b. 2006) from his secret relationships.
Besides, he was arrested and arraigned for charges of third-degree assault on August 20, 2006, after attacking a man. Later on May 3, 2007, Rhymes was arrested in Manhattan for driving without a license for which he was sentenced to 3 years probation, 10 days community service, and $1250 in fines(plus court costs).
On June 25, 2019, The New York Times Magazine listed Busta Rhymes among hundreds of artists whose material was reportedly destroyed in the 2008 Universal fire. Also, on June 22, 2020, his longtime friend and collaborator Swizz Beatz called out Drake as a pussy during an Instagram Live session after Busta's collab song, "Stay Down" along with Drake got leaked online.
What is the Net Worth of Busta Rhymes?
Busta Rhymes has quite great earnings from his professional career as a rapper, musician, and record producer. Having been working in this field for over 25 years, Rhymes has managed to amass a healthy fortune from his several music albums, songs, and tours. Being considered to be one of the best hip-hop artists of all time Rhymes has not only earned millions but multi-million properties as well.
His net worth is estimated to be around $20 million.
How Tall is Busta Rhymes?
Busta Rhymes is a huge good-looking man in his 40s. With his astonishing fashion sense and high-speed rhyming technique, Rhymes has managed to win several hearts all around the world. He stands tall with a height of 6ft. 1inch.(1.85m) while his body weighs around 98kg.
He has a dark complexion with bald hair and brown eyes also has his body painted with several tattoos.