Facts About Cameron Davis
|28 Years Old
|Place Of Birth
|Wakehurst Public School
|Davidson High School
|Source of Wealth
|6 ft 4 in or 1.93 m
Cameron Davis is an Australian professional golfer who had a successful amateur career winning the Australian Amateur and the individual and team events at the Eisenhower Trophy. He was also runner-up in the Asia-Pacific Amateur Championship, behind Jin Cheng. He turned professional in late 2016 and played in the OHL Classic at Mayakoba and finished tied for 15th place. His highest ranking is 67 as of 4th July 2021. He earned his first PGA Tour victory by defeating Troy Merritt and Joaquín Niemann in a playoff at the Rocket Mortgage Classic on 4th July 2021. His caddie is Andrew Tschudin.
Cameron Davis wins US PGA Tour’s Rocket Mortgage Classic
Like Cameron Smith, Jason Day, Marc Leishman, and Adam Scott, Davis is now a winner on the US PGA Tour, too. He completed his right of passage on Monday (AEST) by winning the Rocket Mortgage Classic in a five-hole playoff over Troy Merritt and Joaquin Niemann, pocketing a cool A$1.8 million in the process. That Davis clinched the title in Detroit-his 71st event on the US PGA Tour-is not as surprising as to how he did it. Having only ever finished inside the top-10 twice before the 2021 season, Davis had ice running through his veins during a remarkable Sunday back-nine. He holed out from a greenside bunker for eagle on 17 on his way to carding a five-under back-nine that saw him sneak through the back door into a three-way playoff. His ranking has rocketed up from 134th to 67th in the world. He also leaps from 81st to 34th spot in the PGA standings, putting him in strong contention to reach the 30-man field for the season-ending Tour Championship on September 5 in East Lake Golf Club in Georgia. Simply reaching the top 30 would earn Davis a cool half-a-million Australian dollars.
- Being a professional Australian Golfer.
- For winning the Australian Amateur in the year 2015.
Where is Cameron Davis from?
Cameron Davis was born on 21st February 1995 which makes him the present age of 26 as of 2021. His place of birth is Sydney, Australia. His hometown is in the north shore suburb of Frenchs Forest. He holds Australian nationality and he belongs to Australian-White. His race is White. He was born to his parents Steve (father) and Linda (mother) as the second children of four. At the age of three, he found his interest in golf as per his parents and he was gifted a set of plastic golf clubs.
About his education, Cameron attended Wakehurst Public School and then Davidson High School.
How was the Golf Career of Cameron Davis?
- Cameron Davis won the Australian Amateur in the year 2015 and also in the same year, he was a runner-up in the Asia-Pacific Amateur Championship, behind Jin Cheng.
- He was also part of the Australian team that won the Eisenhower Trophy in Mexico and he was also the individual winner in 2016 as he finished 2 strokes ahead of fellow Australian Curtis Luck in the individual event.
- In the same year, he turned pro and played in the OHL Classic at Mayakoba finishing tied for 15th place.
- He then qualified for the 2017 PGA Tour Canada by finishing fourth in the Q-school where he tied for 14th in his first event, the Freedom 55 Financial Open, but had a disappointing season, finishing 76th on the tour's rankings and losing his card.
- In November, he won the Emirates Australian Open, a stroke ahead of Jonas Blixt and Matt Jones, after a final round 64 for his first professional win and automatic qualification into the 2018 Open Championship, as the tournament was part of the Open Qualifying Series.
- He also has status on the Web.com Tour for 2018 after reaching the final round of Q School, after starting at First Stage.
- Cameron Davis also won the Nashville Golf Open.
- On 4th July 2021, he earned his first PGA Tour victory by defeating Troy Merritt and Joaquín Niemann in a playoff at the Rocket Mortgage Classic.
Who is Cameron Davis Wife?
Cameron Davis is a married man. He tied the knot to his beautiful girlfriend-turned wife, Jonika Zapiorkowska. The couple started dating in July 2014 and got engaged on 22nd April 2019. Jonika announced the news through her Instagram account penning long and doting words to her golfer fiance. By profession, Cameron's wife, Jonika is a certified herbalist from the International School of Herbal Arts and Sciences. Till now, their marriage life is going strong with the passage of time. His sexual orientation is straight and he is not gay.
What is the Net Worth of Cameron Davis?
As of 2021, the net worth of Cameron Davis is estimated to have $3 Million/ He had his first cut in the payouts at OHL Classic at Mayakoba on 13th November 2017 where he received $98,467 finishing 15th with a score of 66-70-66-70. His combined purse from the 2018 Korn Ferry Tournaments totaled $266,572 from the nine cuts out of 15 events. From his PGA Tour, he made salary earnings of $477,467 as of 2019, $857,225 as of 2020, and $2,539,615 as of 2021. Winning the Rocket Mortage Classic, he pursed $7,500,000 winning the tournament. His major source of wealth comes from his golf career and he is satisfied with his earnings. He is living a cool lifestyle at present.
How tall is Cameron Davis?
Cameron Davis is a handsome man with a slim body build. He has a tall height of 6 ft 4 in or 1.93 m and her weight consist of 180 lb or 82 KG. His other body measurements are unknown at a moment. He has got a healthy body at present and he frequently does exercise to keep himself fit and fine.
Trivias About Cameron Davis You Need To Know.
- Cameron Davis had a successful amateur career winning the Australian Amateur and the individual and team events at the Eisenhower Trophy.
- He was also runner-up in the Asia-Pacific Amateur Championship, behind Jin Cheng.
- He turned professional in late 2016.
- His highest ranking is 67 as of 4th July 2021.
- He earned his first PGA Tour victory defeating Troy Merritt and Joaquín Niemann in a playoff at the Rocket Mortgage Classic.