Cameron Diaz - Bio, Net Worth, Husband, Age, Height, Family, Ethnicity
Cameron Diaz, an American actress, comedian, producer, and former fashion model. She rose to stardom from her role as Tina Carlyle in her debut movie, The Mask. Throughout her two decades of career, she won several prestigious awards including ALMA Awards, Kids Choice Awards, Teen Choice Awards, and MTV Movie Awards. Active in the industry for the last two decades, she earned an impressive net worth too. In 2010, Forbes listed her as the top richest female celebrity.
Cameron Diaz famous for
- An American actress, comedian, producer, and former fashion model.
- Teen Choice Awards winning American actress.
Where is Cameron Diaz from?
Cameron Diaz was born as Cameron Michelle Diaz in San Diego, California, the United States to parents Emilio Diaz and Billie Early. Her father is an import/export agent and mother is worked for the California oil company Unocal as a foreman. He has a sibling namely, Chimene Diaz and Michael Diaz. She belongs to American nationality and mix (English- Scottish- Irish- German- Spanish- Asturian) ethnicity. Her birth sign is Sagittarius.
Talking about her education, firstly, she attended Jordan High School. Then, she attended Long Beach Polytechnic High School.
Cameron Diaz Actress and Model Career
- At the age of 16, she began her modeling career and soon after she signed a contract with ‘Elite Model Management’, and worked as a model for Calvin Klein and Levi's.
- In July 1990, at the age of seventeen, she was featured on the front cover of the teenage magazine ‘Seventeen’.
- At the age of 19, she first started in the 30-minute soft adult movie titled 'She's No Angel' before she made her appearance in Hollywood.
- In 1994, she was starred in the hit superhero fantasy film ‘The Mask’, along with Jim Carrey, which earned her Golden Globe nomination.
- In 1995, she appeared in the ‘The Last Supper’, directed by Stacy Title; the film was about five graduate students who plot a murder.
- In 1996, she played the role of ‘Heather Davis’ in ‘She’s the One’, a comedy-drama film directed by Edward Burns. The same year she appeared in the film ‘Feeling Minnesota’.
- In 1997, she delivered an award-winning performance in the romantic movie ‘My Best Friend’s wedding’, starring Julia Roberts, Dermot Mulroney, Rupert Everett, and Philip Bosco. She also appeared in ‘A Life Less Ordinary’, the same year.
- In 1998, she was seen in the movies ‘Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas’, ‘Very Bad Things’ and the award-winning film ‘There’s Something About Mary’.
- In 1999, she appeared in the Golden Globe-nominated film ‘Being John Malkovich’ and was also seen in ‘Things You Can Tell Just by Looking at Her’ and ‘The Invisible Circus’.
- In 2000, she played the role of ‘Natalie Cook’ in the action comedy film ‘Charlie's Angels’ starring alongside Drew Barrymore and Lucy Liu.
- In 2001, she gave the voice to the character, ‘Princess Fiona’, in the animated fantasy film ‘Shrek’, directed by Andrew Adamson and Vicky Jenson. The same year she appeared in the award-winning film ‘Vanilla Sky’.
- In 2002, she acted in the film ‘The Sweetest Thing’ and she earned a Golden Globe nomination for her role as ‘Jenny Everdeane’ in the film ‘Gangs of New York’.
- In 2003, she reprised her role as ‘Natalie Cook’ in the sequel of the Charlie's Angels, ‘Charlie's Angels: Full Throttle’.
- In 2005, she starred in the film ‘In her shoes’, a film that essays her character ‘Maggie Feller’s’ emotional journey through relationships, love, sisterhood, and womanhood.
- In 2008, she starred in one of her most popular flicks ‘What Happens In Vegas’, a romantic comedy film starring Ashton Kutcher.
- In 2009, she starred in the film ‘My Sisters Keeper’, which was based on Jodi Picoult's novel of the same name.
- In 2011, she was seen in movies like ‘The Green Hornet’ and ‘Bad Teacher’. The next year, she appeared in films like ‘What to Expect When You're Expecting’, ‘A Liar's Autobiography’, ‘Gambit’ and ‘The Counselor’.
- In 2014, she was seen in movies like ‘The Other Woman’, 'Sex Tape' and 'Annie'. Similarly, she takes retired from acting in 2017.
- Besides acting, she also involved in writing. In late 2013, she published a health book, The Body Book: Feed, Move, Understand and Love Your Amazing Body, co-written with Sandra Bark. It was no. 2 on The New York Times Best Seller list in March 2014.
- She then released The Longevity Book: The Science of Aging, the Biology of Strength, and the Privilege of Time in June 2016.
Awards and Nominations of Cameron Diaz
Cameron Diaz has been nominated for several prestigious awards for her acting in the movies and TV series. Here is a list of awards that Diaz has bagged:
- ALMA Awards for My Best Freind's Wedding (1998)
- American Comedy Awards for There's Something About Mary (1998)
- New York Film Critics Circle Awards for There's Something About Mary (1998)
- MTV Movie Awards for There's Something About Mary (1999)
- Teen Choice Awards for There's Something About Mary (1999)
- ALMA Awards for Any Given Sunday (2000)
- MTV Movie Awards for Charlie's Angels (2001)
- Kids Choice Awards for Charlie's Angels (2001)
- Boston Society of Film Critics Awards for Charlie's Angels (2001)
- Chicago Film Critics Association Awards for Vanilla Sky (2001)
- Kids Choice Awards for Shrek the Third (2008)
- ALMA Awards for My Sister's Keeper (2009)
- Won Teen Choice Awards for Bad Teacher (2011)
- CinemaCon Awards for Bad Teacher (2011)
Some of her nominated awards include Satellite Awards, Golden Globe Awards, MTV Movie Awards, Screen Actors Guild Awards and Saturn Awards.
Cameron Diaz's Net Worth
From her successful acting career, she assumes a huge amount. Her estimated net worth said to be $140 million. In 2010, Forbes listed her as one of the wealthiest female celebrities. Her major source of income is her acting career.
Who is Cameron Diaz married to?
Talking about her relationship, she dated Adam Levine, Alex Rodriguez, Elon Musk, and Benji Madden. Previously, she hooked up with Adam Levine in 2010, but the relationship didn’t go well so they broke up. Likewise, she dated Alex Rodriguez in 2010, but the relationship didn’t go well so they decided to break up in 2011. Similarly, she dated an entrepreneur, engineer, inventor, and investor Elon Musk in 2013, but they broke up. Finally, she got married to Benji Madden in 2015, they have two children namely, Chimene Diaz, and Michael Diaz. The duo has been enjoying a blissful married Life.
In addition, She is involved with ‘Iraq and Afghanistan Veterans of America’, one of the largest non-profit associations for veterans of the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan.
Cameron Diaz Height, Weight
Talking about her body measurements, Cameron has a height of 5 feet 9 inches. Addition, he weighs is 58Kg. Furthermore, she has a measurement of 34-23-35 inches respectively. Her hair color is blonde and her eye color is blue. Similarly, her shoe is 9 (US) and her dress size is 4 (US).
Trivias About Cameron Diaz You Need To Know.
- Got alcohol poisoning in Australia at age 18.
- According to Forbes, for each dollar she got paid, Cameron Diaz's movies averaged $9 of gross income.
- As a child, her friends nicknamed her "Skeletor," because she was tall and had an infectious smile.
- She doesn't wear antiperspirant/deodorant.
- Announced her retirement from acting in 2017.