Carey Mulligan - Bio, Net Worth, Salary, Married, Husband, Parents, Family, Nationality, Age, Height, Wiki, Awards, Facts, Career, Actress, Children
Carey Mulligan is a British actress who is well known for her role as Jenny Mellor in the coming-of-age drama film, "An Education"(2009). Having her career started as an actress on stage with the play "Foty Winks" in 2004, Carey has managed to come a long way up becoming one of the popular actresses in her decade-long career.
Her performance in the thriller movie, "Promising Young Woman"(2020), as Cassandra "Cassie" Thomas earned her much recognition along with an Academy Award nomination. She has starred in several movies including ‘Never Let Me Go’, ‘Drive’, ‘Shame’, ‘The Great Gatsby’, ‘Inside Llewyn Davis’, ‘Far from the Madding Crowd’, ‘Suffragette’, and ‘Mudbound’.
Her acting roles have earned her several awards including a BAFTA Award for Best Actress in a Leading Role. She also has contributed to the soundtracks of three of her films including "Shame", "Inside Llewyn Davis" and "Far from the Madding Crowd". Besides, she doesn't have any social media accounts on her own but has several fan accounts.
What is Carey Mulligan Famous for?
- Famous for her role as Jenny in "An Education".
- Best known for Academy-Award nominated British actress.
Where is Carey Mulligan From?
Carey Mulligan was born on May 28, 1985, in Westminster, London, England. Her birth name is Carey Hannah Mulligan. Her nationality is British. Mulligan belongs to the White ethnicity while Gemini is her zodiac sign.
Carey Mulligan was born as the youngest child and only daughter of her parents; Nano(mother) and Stephen Mulligan(father). Her father, Stephen is a hotel manager of Irish descent while her mother, Nano is a university lecturer. Her family relocated to Germany when Mulligan was three years old after her father landed a job as a manager at a hotel in Germany.
She grew up along with her elder brother, Owain Patrick Mulligan in Germany where they together attended the International School of Dusseldorf. Her family again moved back to London when she was 8, where she joined Woldingham School.
Carey developed an interest in acting after she saw her brother perform in a school production of "The King and I" when she was 6. She soon became involved in the school’s theatre program even becoming its head. Even son was keenly interested in acting her parents didn't support her to pursue a career in acting.
She then applied to three London drama schools but wasn't invited to any of them. It was the final year at Woldingham School when she met Julian Fellowes, through whom she landed the role of Kitty Bennet in the 2005 film ‘Pride & Prejudice’.
Carey Mulligan's Career Highlights
- Carey Mulligan started off her professional career making her stage debut in the play Forty Winks at the Royal Court Theatre in London in 2004.
- In 2005, she made her film debut with her role as Kitty Bennet in the film, "Pride & Prejudice".
- The same year, he made her television debut as Ada Clare in the BAFTA award-winning BBC adaption of "Bleak House".
- She then portrayed a character, Angelique in a production of the musical "The Hypochondriac" from 2005 to 2006.
- In 2007, she played the recurring character Sister Bridgid in BBC’s police procedural crime drama, "Waking the Dead".
- She made her Broadway debut in the 2008 revival of the Anton Chekhov play "The Seagull".
- She had her biggest breakthrough when she was cast in her first leading role as Jenny in the 2009 independent film, "An Education".
- She starred in other hit films the same year including "The Greatest", "Brothers" and "Public Enemies".
- In 2010, she starred in the dystopian romantic drama, "Never Let Me Go" even winning a British Independent Award.
- She co-starred in two critically acclaimed films in 2011 including "Drive" and "Shame".
- She starred as Daisy Buchanan in a popular romantic drama, "The Great Gatsby" opposite Leonardo DiCaprio in 2013.
- In 2014, she was cast as Kyra Hollis in the production of David Hare’s "Skylight".
- For her performance in "Far from the Madding Crowd"(2015), she received much praise and acclaim.
- She next starred in Netflix's drama film, "Mudbound" in 2017.
- She also starred in Paul Dano's directorial debut film, "Wildlife" in 2018.
- She got another big break with her role as Cassandra "Cassie" Thomas in Emerald Fennell's black comedy thriller film, "Promising Young Woman" in 2020. She went on to earn several awards for her performance in the film.
- In 2021, she starred in the film, "The Dig".
- She will next star in Bradley Cooper's film, "Maestro", also in "Fingernails" and adaptation of the novel "Spaceman of Bohemia".
- British Academy Film Award
- National Board of Review
- Independent Spirit Award
- Critics Choice Movie Awards
- National Board of Review
- Australian Academy of Cinema and Television Arts Awards
- Palm Springs International Film Festival
- Santa Barbara International Film Festival
Carey Mulligan's Husband
Carey Mulligan is a married woman. She has been married just once to her only husband, Marcus Mumford. Marcus is an American-British singer, songwriter, musician, record producer, and lead singer of the band Mumford & Sons. They were meant to be a couple as they met when they were very young and were childhood pen pals however they lost tough later meeting as adults.
Their relationship started when they were filming together in the film, "Inside Llewyn Davis". After dating for few months, the couple got married on April 21, 2012. Three years later, they welcomed their first child, a daughter, Evelyn Grace in 2015 and then a son, Wilfred in 2017.
Previously, she has dated actors Shia LaBeouf, Tom Sturridge, and Eddie Redmayne. Besides, Mulligan has been an ambassador for the Alzheimer's Society and also for the charity War Child.
Carey Mulligan's Net Worth
Carey Mulligan has quite good earnings from her professional career as an actress. Having her career started in the year 2004, Mulligan has managed to come a long way up becoming one of the popular actresses and even got listed her name upon Academy-Award nominated actresses.
With her marvelous acting, Mulligan has established her own aura leading to her roles in several movies. Her source of income is surely her appearances in movies and TV series. Her net worth is estimated t be around $16 million.
Carey Mulligan's Height
Carey Mulligan is a gorgeous lady with a perfect slim body physique in her 30s. She stands tall with a height of 5ft. 7inch..(1.70m) while her body weighs around 54kg(119 lbs). She has a body measurement of around 34-25-35 inches with 34 B as her bra size, 7.5(US) as her shoe size, and 2(US) as her dress size.
She has a fair complexion with blonde hair and brown eyes.
Trivias About Carey Mulligan You Need To Know.
- Carey made her Broadway debut in 2008 through Chekhov’s The Seagull.
- She learned driving when she became 23 years old.
- Heer grandmother suffers from Alzheimer and as a result, she now no longer recognizes Carey.
- She developed her interest in acting when she was six and watched her brother act in a school production The King and I.
- In the year 2018, she starred in the Netflix limited series "Collateral" and in Paul Dano's directorial film debut "Wildlife".
- Rolling Stone's Peter Travers described Carey as having given a "sensational, starmaking performance".