Facts About Carlos Ghosn
|Celebrated Name||Carlos Ghosn|
|Age||69 Years Old|
|Birth Name||Carlos Ghosn|
|Place Of Birth||Porto Velho|
|College / University||Jesuit school College, Ecole Polytechnique, Ecole des Mines de Paris|
|Net Worth||$150 Million|
|Salary||Will Add Soon|
|Children||Caroline, Nadine, Maya and Anthony|
|Spouse||Rita Ghosn (EX Wife)|
|Height||5 ft 8 in|
|Body Measurement||42-35-37 in.|
|Shoe Size||6 US|
|Bicep Size||12 in|
A Brazilian-born French businessman of Lebanese ancestry is named for Carlos Ghosn who has served as the CEO of Michelin North America, chairman, and CEO of Renault, chairman of AvtoVAZ, chairman and CEO of Nissan, and chairman of Mitsubishi Motors. He was also chairman and CEO of the Renault-Nissan-Mitsubishi Alliance, a strategic partnership among those automotive manufacturers through a complex cross-shareholding agreement. Renault and the French government continued to support him at first, presuming him innocent until proven guilty. However, they ultimately found the situation untenable and Ghosn was made to retire as chairman and CEO of Renault on 24 January 2019. While out on bail granted in early March, Ghosn was re-arrested in Tokyo on 4th April 2019 over new charges of misappropriations of Nissan funds. On 8th April 2019, Nissan shareholders voted to oust Ghosn from the company's board. On 2nd January 2020, Interpol issued a red notice to Lebanon seeking Ghosn's arrest.
The private jet firm says it was duped over Carlos Ghosn escape
A Turkish private jet company has claimed it was duped into hiring the aircraft used to help the fugitive automotive boss Carlos Ghosn make a daring escape from Japan. MNG Jet said it leased two private jets it believed were for two separate clients, one flying from Dubai to Osaka in Japan and then on to Istanbul, and another flying from Istanbul to Beirut. The company said it had since discovered the planes were not leased for the named passengers but were instrumental in Ghosn’s escape to Lebanon from Japan, where the former Nissan chairman was facing trial over allegations of financial misconduct. He has consistently denied the charges. MNG Jet said it had filed a criminal complaint in Turkey to prosecute anyone involved in using the jets, which it said it had leased believing they were for other people. “One employee of the company, who is under investigation by the authorities, has admitted having falsified the records,” the company said.
What is the birthplace of Carlos Ghosn?
On 9th March 1954, Carlos Ghosn was born in Porto Velho, Brazil. As of 2019, he celebrated his 65th birthday with his friends. He was born to Carlos Ghosn and Rose Ghosn. There is no information about his siblings. He holds French-Lebanese-Brazilian nationality whereas his ethnicity is Mixed. He is Christian by religion. When he was about two years old he became sick after drinking unsanitary water, and his mother moved with him to Rio de Janeiro. He did not fully recover there, and in 1960, when Ghosn was six years old, he and his mother and sister moved to Beirut, Lebanon, where his grandmother and two other sisters lived. He completed his secondary school studies in Lebanon, at the Jesuit school College Notre-Dame de Jamhour. He then completed his classes preparatoires in Paris, at the College Stanislas and the Lycee Saint-Louis. He graduated as an engineer from the Ecole Polytechnique in 1974 and the Ecole des Mines de Paris in 1978.
How was the Career of Carlos Ghosn?
- He spent 18 years at Michelin, Europe's largest tire maker, initially training and working in several plants in France and Germany in 1978.
- He became a plant manager in Le Puy-en-Velay, France in 1981.
- He was appointed chief operating officer (COO) of Michelin's South American operations in 1985.
- He was promoted to CEO of Michelin North America in 1990.
- He became executive vice president in charge of purchasing, advanced research, engineering and development, powertrain operations, and manufacturing at Renault and he was also in charge of Renault's South American division, located in the Mercosur in 1996.
- Renault and Nissan formed the Renault-Nissan Alliance, and in May 1999 Renault purchased a 36.8% stake in Nissan in March 1999.
- He joined Nissan as its chief operating officer (COO) in June 1999, became its president in June 2000 and he was named chief executive officer (CEO) in June 2001.
- Ghosn's "Nissan Revival Plan", announced in October 1999, called for a return to profitability in fiscal year 2000, a profit margin in excess of 4.5% of sales by the end of fiscal year 2002, and a 50% reduction in the current level of debt by the end of fiscal year 2002.
- He was the fourth non-Japanese person to lead a Japanese automaker, after Mark Fields, Henry Wallace, and James Miller.
- In May 2002, he announced his next set of goals for the company, "Nissan 180", a three-year plan for growth based on the numbers 1, 8, and 0.
- In October 2005, Nissan announced that its annual sales from September 30, 2004, to September 30, 2005, were more than 3.67 million, up from the 2.6 million vehicles sold in the fiscal year ended March 2002.
- He was named president and chief executive officer of Renault in May 2005.
- In 2006, Ford Motor Co. made him a formal offer to lead the company, according to the book American Icon: Alan Mulally and the Fight to Save Ford Motor Company by Bryce Hoffman but he refused.
- He led the Renault–Nissan Alliance into the mass-market zero-emission electric car market in a major way and committed €4 billion (more than $5 billion) to the effort in 2007.
- He confirmed in 2008 that Nissan-Renault would bring an "entire lineup" of zero-emission electric cars to the worldwide market by 2012.
- He was a visible leader in recovery efforts after the Japanese earthquake and tsunami on March 11, 2011.
- He appeared on television in Japan to encourage optimism.
- He was named deputy chairman of the board of directors of Russian automobile manufacturer AvtoVAZ in June 2012.
- In June 2013, he was appointed chairman of the Russian company, a position he retained through June 2016.
- He announced he would step down as CEO of Nissan on April 1, 2017, while remaining chairman of the company in February 2017.
- He completed the acquisition of a controlling 34% stake in Mitsubishi Motors in October 2016.
- Later, Mitsubishi Motors board removed Ghosn from his role as chairman on November 26, 2018, following his arrest and ousting from Nissan for alleged financial misconduct.
Arrest of Carlos Ghosn
- Tokyo District Prosecutors arrested him at 4:30 pm upon his re-entry into Japan aboard a private jet that had come from Lebanon on 19th November 2019 for questioning over allegations of false accounting.
- On the same day, Nissan chief executive Hiroto Saikawa announced at a press conference that Ghosn had been dismissed from Nissan's board and would be stripped of executive rights at a meeting to be held on 22 November.
- On 21 December, Ghosn was re-arrested on suspicion of shifting to Nissan's personal losses of US$16.6 million related to a personal swap contract in October 2008 (during the global financial crisis).
- He made his first public appearance after his arrest at an arraignment on Tuesday, 8 January 2019, where he asserted his innocence, making a statement in response to the main allegations against him; however, his bid to be released from prison on these charges was rejected.
- His imprisonment was set to end on 11 January.
- He was indicted on two additional charges: aggravated breach of trust and understating his income, once again extending his imprisonment.
- He resigned as chairman and CEO of Renault on 24 January 2019.
- He was released on March 6, 2019.
- On 2nd January 2020, Interpol issued a red notice to Lebanon seeking his arrest.
What is the Net Worth of Carlos Ghosn?
The net worth of Carlos Ghosn is believed to have $150 Million as of 2020 as per some sources. He has not revealed the information about his salary to the media. Neither any internet websites have published it. But there is no doubt in the mind of his followers that he is earning a considerable amount of salary from his present work and he is satisfied with his earnings. His major source of earning is from his business career.
Who is the Wife of Carlos Ghosn?
Carlos Ghosn is a married person. He was first married to Rita Ghosn in 1984and later the duo divorces in 2012. He is the father of four grown children: Caroline, Nadine, Maya, and Anthony. After Rita, he married Carole Nahas and married in 2016. A few months later in October, threw a large-scale party at the Grand Trianon of the Palace of Versailles, in the outskirts of Paris, to celebrate both the wedding and Carole's 50th birthday. He is leading a blissful and happy family life. His wife understands his profession and gives him the freedom to do his work the way he wants. Both of them respect each other and it’s visible. The couples are less likely to divorce.
How tall is Carlos Ghosn?
Carlos Ghosn is a very handsome person with perfect body features. He has got a very charming smile and attractive personality attracting a lot of people towards him. He has got a perfect height of five feet eight inches with a balanced bodyweight of 70 Kg. His biceps size is 12 in and his body measurements is 42-35-37 in. His shoe size is 6 US. His eye color and hair color, both is black. Overall, he has got a healthy body and he maintains his body a lot.
Trivias About Carlos Ghosn You Need To Know.
- He has served as the CEO of Michelin North America, chairman and CEO of Renault, chairman of AvtoVAZ, chairman and CEO of Nissan, and chairman of Mitsubishi Motors.
- He was also chairman and CEO of the Renault-Nissan-Mitsubishi Alliance, a strategic partnership among those automotive manufacturers through a complex cross-shareholding agreement.
- On 2nd January 2020, Interpol issued a red notice to Lebanon seeking Ghosn's arrest.
- He was born to Carlos Ghosn and Rose Ghosn.