Facts About Carmen Salinas
|Celebrated Name||Carmen Salinas|
|Age||83 Years Old|
|Nick Name||Carmen Salinas|
|Birth Name||Carmen Salinas Lozano|
|Profession||Actress , Politician|
|Place Of Birth||Torreón, Coahuila|
|Father||Jorge Salinas Perez Tejada|
|Mother||Carmen Lozano Viramontes|
|Siblings||Josefina Salinas Lozano, Esther Salinas Lozano, Gustavo Salinas Lozano|
|Marital Status||Married and Divorced|
|Husband||Pedro Plascencia Ramírez (Ex)|
|Children||Maria, Pedro and Jorge|
|Net Worth||$20 Million|
|Source of Wealth||Entertainment Career|
|Height||4 ft 11 in.|
|Weight||67 Kg or 148 lbs|
|Breast Size||37 in|
|Waist Size||29 in|
|Hip Size||38 in|
Carmen Salinas is an actress as well as a politician associated with the Institutional Revolutionary Party (PRI) from Mexico. Salinas made her television debut in 1964 under the direction of Ernesto Alonso, appearing in such shows as La vecindad, La frontera (The Border), and El chofer (The Chauffeur). Her main ticket to fame, however, came in 1975, when she played the character of La Corcholata in the Mexican soap opera called Bellas de Noche. Till now, she has appeared in plays, more than 110 movies, and more than 30 television shows and has worked alongside actors and producers including Denzel Washington (in Man on Fire) and Juan Osorio. The actress also produced and starred in her own touring musical, "Aventurera". She served as a congresswoman for the PRI from 2015 to 2018. In the year 2002, she received a special TVyNovelas Award for artistic achievement over the course of her five-decade acting career.
What is Carmen Salinas Famous For?
- Being a Mexican Actress as well as a Politician.
- For her role in films such as Elisa (1979), Corrupcion (1984), and TV Shows such as Maria Mercedes (early 1990s) and Mundo de Fieras (early 2000s).
Where is Carmen Salinas From? Details About Her Family, Parents, and Education
Carmen Salinas was born on 5th October 1939 in Torreón, Coahuila, Mexico. Thus, she holds Mexican nationality and she came from Mexican-White ethnicity. Her birth name is Carmen Salinas Lozano. Her present age is 82 as she celebrated her birthday as of 5th October 2021. Libra is her Zodiac sign and her religion is Christian. She was born to her father, Jorge Salinas Perez Tejada, and her mother, Carmen Lozano Viramontes. Her siblings are Josefina Salinas Lozano, Esther Salinas Lozano, Gustavo Salinas Lozano.
About her education, Salinas only completed her primary school.
Carmen Salinas Career Timeline
- Carmen Salinas made her television debut in 1964 under the direction of Ernesto Alonso, appearing in such shows as "La vecindad, La frontera" (The Border) and "El chofer" (The Chauffeur).
- After then, she has appeared in plays, more than 110 movies, and more than 30 television shows, and also she has worked alongside actors and producers including Denzel Washington (in Man on Fire) and Juan Osorio.
- Some of her recent movies in which she appeared include Ruta Madre (2019), ¿Alguien ha visto a Lupita? (2011), La otra familia (2011), La misma luna (2007), Las pobres ilegales (1982), La pulquería 2 (1982), El rey de los albures (1982), Las noches del Blanquita (1981), and more.
- Similarly, her other TV shows includes Mi fortuna es amarte (2021), Mi marido tiene más familia (2018-2019), Sueño de amor (2016), Mi corazón es tuyo (2014-2015), La familia P. Luche (2012), Adictos (2009), Hasta en las mejores familias (1999-2000) and more.
- Her other successful projects include her touring musical Aventurera.
- She will next appear in the film "The Valet" as Cecilia.
Carmen Salinas Political and Legislative Career
- Carmen Salinas declared that she "had been a priísta ever since [she] had the use of reason" in an interview conducted with El Universal in March 2015.
- In 2015, the PRI placed her on its proportional representation list for election from the fourth electoral region, winning her a seat in the Chamber of Deputies for the LXIII Legislature of the Mexican Congress; Salinas serves on the Gender Equality, Radio and Television, and Health Commissions. She has the lowest educational level of all the deputies in the legislature.
Carmen Salinas Awards and Achievements
- Won TVyNovelas Awards for her work in María Mercedes in 1993, Preciosa in 1999
- Won TVyNovelas Awards under the category Special Award for Artistic Career in 2002 and Special Award: 50 Years as Actress in 2003
- Won Premios Diosas de Plata Award for her work in La misma luna in 2008
Carmen Salinas Husband: Who is she married to?
Carmen Salinas was a married and divorced woman. She tied a knot to her ex-husband, Pedro Plascencia Ramírez. In the year 1956, Salinas and her spouse, Pedro Plascencia gave birth to a son, Pedro Plascencia Salinas. Later, she gave birth to their second children, a daughter namely, Maria Eugenia Plascencia, and their third son namely, Jorge. Pedro even composed music, including notable compositions for the Necaxa soccer club, and for Televisa's newscasts Noticias ECO and 24 Horas, and for its coverage of the 1992 Winter Olympics. Later, her husband, Plascencia Salinas died of cancer on 19th April 1994. Back in 1971, the happily married couple divorced. After her divorce, Carmen has not married anyone and she has not been in any relationship. Her sexual orientation is straight.
What is Carmen Salinas Net Worth in 2021?
Carmen Salinas is an actress as well as a politician by profession whose net worth is estimated to have $20 Million as of 2021. She has starred in over 100 films and 30 television shows. Her primary source of wealth comes from the acting industry and she is living a lavish lifestyle from her earnings. At present, her exact salary and career earnings have not been disclosed yet.
Carmen Salinas Height, Weight, and Body Size: How is Carmen Salinas Doing Now?
Carmen Salinas is a beautiful and gorgeous actress who stands at the perfect height of 4 ft 11 in. Her body weight consists of 67 Kg or 148 lbs. She has a pair of black eyes and her hair color is also black. Her breast size is 37 inches, waist size is 29 inches and hip size is 38 inches. Sadly, it was announced on 11th November 2021 that Salinas suffered from a stroke early in the morning. She is currently being hospitalized in Mexico City and is in critical condition. The Univision entertainment program, El Gordo y la Flaca, published on Instagram a statement sent by the actress' nephew where he said, "she is going through a difficult health situation." Only hours before the stroke, Salinas tweeted about the telenovela, My Fortune Is Loving You, which she currently stars in. She wrote: "Look what a beautiful family I have, on the Telenovela. MY FORTUNE IS LOVING YOU. I invite you to see us at Por las Estrellas at 8:30 pm, you'll see that you're going to love it!!! CS."
Mexican Actress Carmen Salinas is in a Coma
Renowned Mexican actress and politician Carmen Salinas was in a coma at a private clinic in Mexico City on Thursday, according to her family. The 82-year-old actress, with a long career in film and television, had a cerebrovascular event on Wednesday night and her condition is delicate, Gustavo Briones González, her nephew, and personal assistant confirmed outside a hospital in Colonia Roma of Salinas. She was in intensive care with respiratory assistance, but the rest of her organs and functions are stable, Briones González said in an impromptu message to the media. Doctors believe that the inflammation in her brain will subside, he said. The family was asked to remain at the hospital for updates on her condition. "The Salinas family shares with them that the leading actress, Mrs. Carmen Salinas, is going through a difficult health situation, which is why she remains in the intensive care area where specialist doctors treat her," her nephew Gustavo Briones wrote in part of a statement.
Trivias About Carmen Salinas You Need To Know.
- Profession by actress, Carmen Salinas is also a politician associated with the Institutional Revolutionary Party (PRI).
- She made her television debut in 1964 under the direction of Ernesto Alonso, appearing in such shows as La vecindad, La frontera (The Border), and El chofer (The Chauffeur).
- Her main ticket to fame, however, came in 1975, when she played the character of La Corcholata in the Mexican soap opera called Bellas de Noche.
- In the year 2002, she received a special TVyNovelas Award for artistic achievement over the course of her five-decade acting career.
- She served as a congresswoman for the PRI from 2015 to 2018.