Caroline Ellison - Bio, Net Worth, Age, Boyfriend, Parents, Career
Caroline Ellison is an American former business executive. She is the former CEO of Alameda Research, a quantitative trading firm founded by Sam Bankman-Fried. Her relations with Bankman-Fried began at her first job as a junior trader at Jane Street. Her career was propelled when she joined Alameda Research in 2018; she stepped up as co-CEO with Sam Trabucco in October 2021. In December 2022, she pleaded guilty to two counts of wire fraud, two counts of conspiracy to commit wire fraud, conspiracy to commit securities fraud, and conspiracy to commit money laundering. As per an anonymous source cited by the Wall Street Journal in November 2022, Alameda Research owed $10 billion to cryptocurrency exchange FTX. The source said FTX had lent the trading firm money from customer funds at FTX. Ellison was terminated from her position after FTX and Alameda filed for bankruptcy.
What is Caroline Ellison Famous For?
- Caroline Ellison is a former business executive.
- She was the former CEO of Alameda Research, a quantitative trading firm founded by Sam Bankman-Fried.
Who are Caroline Ellison's Parents?
Caroline Ellison was born on 20th September 1994 which makes her present age of 28. She is from the Bahamas, the USA. She spent her early life in a suburb of Boston. She holds American nationality and her ethnicity is Caucasian-White. She is the daughter of her father, Glenn Ellison, and Sara Fisher Ellison. Her dad is a Gregory K. Palm Professor of Economics at MIT, who coached her math team when she was a middle schooler whereas her mum is a senior lecturer in economics at MIT. For her education, she attended Newton North High School and represented the US in the 2011 International Linguistics Olympiad. In 2012, she obtained National Merit Scholarship. In 2016, she graduated from Stanford University with a bachelor's degree in mathematics.
How was the career of Caroline Ellison?
- Ellison, completing her education, worked for the quantitative trading firm Jane Street. There, she met Sam Bankman-Fried.
Everything To Know About Sam Bankman-Fried
- For nineteen months, she was a junior trader at Jane Street and then joined Alameda Research in March 2018. In October 2021, she became co-CEO along with Sam Trabucco.
- In August 2022, Ellison became the sole CEO of Alameda Research after Trabucco stepped down.
- When CoinDesk raised concerns about the balance sheet of Alameda Research and its relationship with FTX on 6th November 2022, Caroline said that the balance sheet information which had been released only included some of Alameda's assets and that the firm had more than $10 billion of additional assets.
- As per the anonymous sources cited by the Wall Street Journal and The New York Times, she was in a video meeting with employees on 9 November 2022. Ellison admitted there that FTX had used customer money to help Alameda meet its liabilities and that she, Bankman-Fried, and two other FTX executives, Nishad Singh and Gary Wang, were aware of the circumstances.
- After that, she was terminated from her position by John J. Ray III after FTX, Alameda Research, and more than 100 related companies filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy.
Caroline Ellison Legal Procedure
- Ellison, in December 2022, hired Stephanie Avakian of the law firm WilmerHale as her lead attorney.
- She pleaded guilty in the Southern District of New York to conspiracy to commit wire fraud on customers of FTX, conspiracy to commit wire fraud on lenders of Alameda Research, wire fraud on lenders of Alameda Research, conspiracy to commit commodities fraud, conspiracy to commit securities fraud, and conspiracy to commit money laundering on December 18 in a plea bargain.
- Likewise, FTX co-founder Gary Wang also pleaded guilty to several charges on the same day Caroline pleaded guilty.
- Ellison's transcript plea of heading was unsealed on December 23, in which she admitted to judge Ronnie Abrams that she and others conspired to steal billions of dollars from customers of FTX while misleading its investors and lenders.
- She told Judge Abrams that Sam Bankman-Fried and other FTX executives had received billions of dollars in secret loans from Alameda Research.
Who is Caroline Ellison's Boyfriend?
Caroline Ellison is currently single and she is not dating anyone at present. She is enjoying her present life a lot. Her sexual orientaiton is straight.
Previously, Ellison was romantically involved with co-worker Sam Bankman-Fried, the CEO of FTX as per the former employees of FTX and Alameda. She wrote on her Tumblr blog that she has explored polyamory.
Ellison donated money to the FTX Future Fund to fund philanthropic endeavors following the principles of effective altruism.
How much is Caroline Ellison's Net Worth?
Caroline Ellison is a former business executive. As of 2022, the net worth of Caroline is estimated to have $15 million as per sources. She has not disclosed her exact career earnings to the public but there is no doubt in the mind of her followers that she is making her earnings in millions of dollars from her professional career. She has pleaded guilty to federal charges including wire fraud in the alleged fraud that led to FTX’s collapse. She lives a modest lifestyle.
How tall is Caroline Ellison?
Caroline Ellison is a beautiful lady with a tall height of 5 feet and 5 inches. She has a slim body type. She also wears spectacles that suit her well. She has dark brown hair and her eye color is dark brown. She has a body weight of 49 Kg.
Trivias About Caroline Ellison You Need To Know.
- Caroline is the former CEO of Alameda Research, a quantitative trading firm founded by Sam Bankman-Fried.
- In 2016, she graduated from Stanford University with a bachelor's degree in mathematics.
- For nineteen months, she was a junior trader at Jane Street.
- She joined Alameda Research in March 2018.
- In October 2021, she became co-CEO along with Sam Trabucco.