Carrie Bickmore - Bio, Net Worth, Age, Husband, Partner, Children, Salary, Awards, Family, Parents, Nationality, Height, Facts, Wiki, Shows, Education
Carrie Bickmore is an Australian talk show and current affairs Gold Logie award-winning television and radio presenter. She currently hosts "The Project" on Network 10 and "Carrie & Tommy" on the Hit Network with Tommy Little. Her first recurring TV appearance was on the comedy talk show "Rove Live" in 2006. She appeared in a total of 32 episodes until 2009. She has not been a part of any theatrical film so far. Carrie started her career as a newsreader on 92.9FM in Perth. She was a 2005 Best News Presenter finalist in the Australian Commercial Radio Awards. In 2014, Carrie hosted the Australian version of So You Think You Can Dance Season 4 after which the show was canceled. Insider publication reported that Carrie Bickmore along with Sonia Kruger is Australian TV’s biggest fashion influencer.
What is Carrie Bickmore Famous For?
- Being an Australian news presenter and TV personality.
- Being a presenter on "The Project" (2011–2017) formerly known as "The 7PM Project".
- Being repeatedly nominated for The Most Popular Presenter Golden Logie award by TV fans made the media label her as the Golden Girl of Network Ten since 2010.
- As a TV presenter, she is known for being very real in front of the camera. She cries when distressed, giggles at jokes, and is not afraid to cover up her most awkward moments including falling during a live telecast.
Where is Carrie Bickmore from? Details about his Parents, Family, and Education
Carrie Bickmore was born to her father, Brian Bickmore, and her mother, Jennie Bickmore-Brand on 3rd December 1980. Her birthplace is Adelaide, South Australia, Australia. Whereas she moved to Perth, Western Australia with her family at an early age. By occupation, her father, Brian is the Director of RG Capital, and her mother, Jennie is a lecturer or professor. Details about her siblings are still to get unfold yet. She holds Australian nationality and she belongs to Australian-White ethnicity. She celebrated her 40th birthday as of 2021 with her dear ones. Sagittarius is her Zodiac sign and she follows the Christianity religion.
Regarding her educational background, Carrie attended the Anglican girls' school Perth College. While in school, dance was Carrie’s biggest passion. She trained in ballet and jazz for 10 years. Then, she attended the Curtin University of Technology where she studied journalism, graduating in 2000. She later moved to Melbourne, Victoria, in 2001 to pursue a career in media.
Carrie Bickmore Career Timeline
- Carrie Bickmore initially began her career as a newsreader on 92.9FM in Perth.
- She then took up management positions in the Austereo network and was also appointed as a regular newsreader for the station after few time period.
- She became the afternoon newsreader for radio station Nova 100 in Melbourne in the year 2001 which she left on 25th September 2009.
- After a year, she became the co-host of the Drive show with Andy Ross.
- In addition, she was a 2005 Best News Presenter finalist in the Australian Commercial Radio Awards.
- She was appointed the breakfast newsreader on Hughesy & Kate on Nova 100 in 2007.
- She alongside Charlie Pickering were part of the radio show "The Breakfast Project" in October 2012.
- She then returned to Nova 100 in November 2013 to read the news one last time and to say farewell to long-standing breakfast radio duo Hughesy and Kate.
- Southern Cross Austereo announced that Bickmore and Tommy Little would host "Carrie & Tommy" across the Hit Network from 3pm in January 2017.
- She made her TV debut in the variety show "Rove Live".
- She has been a presenter on "The Project" since 2009 which airs weeknights on Network Ten.
- She was criticized in December 2010 by The Drum's editor, Jonathan Green, and representatives of the Australian coffee industry, for promoting McDonald's in a report for "The Oprah Winfrey Show", which McDonald's confirmed was paid advertising.
- In the year 2013, it was announced that Bickmore would front a revamped version of "So You Think You Can Dance Australia" for Network Ten.
Carrie Bickmore Awards and Achievements
- Won 52nd Logie Awards for her work in The 7PM Project under the category Most Popular New Female Talent in 2014
- Nominated for 56th Logie Awards under the category Most Popular Presenter and Gold Logie Award for Most Popular Personality on Australian Television in 2014
- Won 57th Logie Awards under the category Most Popular Presenter and Gold Logie Award for Most Popular Personality on Australian Television in 2015
- Nominated for 58th Logie Awards under the category Most Popular Presenter and Gold Logie Award for Most Popular Personality on Australian Television in 2016
- In 2017, Bickmore was inducted onto the Victorian Honour Roll of Women in recognition of her work as a "charitable and inspirational role model for women and girls".
- She was awarded the Medal of the Order of Australia in the 2019 Queen's Birthday Honours for service to the broadcast media and to brain cancer awareness.
Carrie Bickmore Married Life and Husband: Who is her partner?
Carrie Bickmore was a married woman. Currently, she is in a happy relationship with her boyfriend/partner, Chris Walker. She started dating media executive, Chris Walker in 2012 who first met her when he was a producer for "The Project" in 2009. The couple connected over personal tragedies. While Carrie was grieving the death of her husband, Chris suffered the loss of a brother in a car crash. They are a live-in couple because Carrie does not want to get remarried. She hopes to grow old with her current partner. She had her second child with Chris, a daughter named Evie Walker in March 2015. On 21st June 2018, Bickmore posted a video on Instagram announcing her third pregnancy, subsequently announcing the birth of another daughter, Adelaide, later that year. Today, Chris and Carrie are enjoying their present life happily without any disturbances. Her sexual orientation is straight. She is currently residing in Melbourne, Australia.
Previously, Carrie Bickmore married her first husband, Greg Lange. She first met her husband (now deceased), Greg Lange when she started working at a radio station in Perth. Greg was a media professional who was battling brain cancer for 10 years. Lange died after a decade-long battle with brain cancer on 27 December 2010. Carrie frequently talks about the constant state of struggle she suffered during her marriage which forced her to grow up quickly. The duo is also blessed with a son named Oliver Lange aka Ollie who was born in September 2007.
In November 2015, Carrie launched Carrie's Beanies 4 Brain Cancer with the aim of initially raising $4,200,000 for brain cancer research, a feat that was subsequently achieved two months later in January 2016.
Carrie Bickmore To Launch The Brain Cancer Centre
Carrie Bickmore has made an emotional announcement about her next career move, telling The Project on Monday she was "so proud" of the news. On Monday night's episode of The Project, following a segment on an eight-year-old girl's brain cancer diagnosis and treatment, an emotional Carrie, 40, revealed she will be launching The Brain Cancer Centre in collaboration with the Walter and Eliza Hall Institute of Medical Research (WEHI). The beloved TV host and founder of Carrie's Beanies 4 Brain Cancer told viewers she's "on a mission to raise as much money as possible to give brain cancer patients hope". Revealing that around 3000 people have died from brain cancer in the past two years, Carrie said: "It's a reminder that cancer diagnoses haven't stopped while our focus has been on Covid the past few years. "Survival rates haven't changed in 30 years which is just unacceptable and that's why I, along with many other brilliant advocates around the country, have been on a mission to raise as much money as possible to give brain cancer patients hope." The Brain Cancer Centre has already secured $40 million in funding through the sales of Carries Beanies 4 Brain Cancer, with additional grants and collaborations with research institutes. The Victorian State Government is also investing $16 million over four years to the center. "This is a collaborative center, it's a collaborative initiative, and we hope to end brain cancer as terminal illness," she said, adding that she was "so proud" to be working with the WEHI, a "world-renowned research institute that has been making discoveries for 100 years".
How much is Carrie Bickmore Net Worth in 2021?
Carrie Bickmore is a successful news presenter as well as a TV personality whose net worth is estimated to have $5 Million as of 2021. She has made a huge fortune from her career in the entertainment field. Whereas her exact salary is still to get unfold yet but there is no doubt in the mind of her followers that she is making a cool amount of money from her work. She was also the official host and ambassador for the L'Oreal Melbourne Fashion Festival held in Melbourne in 2010. Moreover, she was named as the official Cadbury Easter Ambassador, and helped launch Cadbury's Easter campaign at an event in Melbourne to media and key stakeholders, and promoted charity donations for Foodbank Australia in April 2012. It was announced Bickmore would become a UNICEF Ambassador for Project Eliminate, raising "awareness of neonatal and maternal tetanus" in November 2012. She announced that she had become the ongoing face of the global French beauty brand Garnier in Australia and subsequently featured in several beauty advertising campaigns for Garnier Nutrisse hair color and Garnier BB cream in November 2014. Today, she is living a luxurious lifestyle from her earnings.
Carrie Bickmore Height, Weight, Tattoos, Hair: How tall is she?
Carrie Bickmore is a beautiful lady with a glowing face and a charming smile. She has a perfect and average height of 5 ft 6 in or 168 cm. Her balanced bodyweight consists of 56 KG or 123.5 lbs. Her body type is slim. Her hair color is blonde. She often dyes her hair Brunette / Brown. Her hair and makeup before every episode of "The Project" take 1.5 hours. She has a pair of attractive green eyes. Her body measurement is 34-26-35 in or 86-66-89 cm. She has a toned body with sharp facial features. Her dress size is 4 (US) or 8 (UK) or 36 (EU). Her bra size is 32B. She wears a shoe size of 7 (US) or 4.5 (UK) or 37.5 (EU). Overall, she has got a healthy body. Carrie was featured on the cover of Women’s Health (Australia) in August 2017 in which she revealed that she did not give up on exercise even during the toughest times of her life. She has also inked several tattoos on her body. She actually tattooed the vowels, "A, E, O, and U" as a tribute to her children, Oliver, 13, Evie, five, and Adelaide, two. Carrie got her family's initials tattooed on her ankle.
Trivias About Carrie Bickmore You Need To Know.
- Sagittarius is his Zodiac Sign.
- Her husband, Greg Lange died after a decade-long battle with brain cancer on 27 December 2010.
- In May 2015, Carrie won the Golden Logie award for most popular personality on Australian TV and most popular presenter.
- She was the official host and ambassador for the L'Oreal Melbourne Fashion Festival held in Melbourne in 2010.
- She actually tattooed the vowels, "A, E, O, and U" as a tribute to her children, Oliver, Evie, and Adelaide.