Carrie Symonds - Bio, Net Worth, Married, Boyfriend, Boris Johnson, Bloomberg, Vibrant Oceans Initiative, Education, University, Height, Parent
Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson is famed as Boris Johnson is a British politician who is currently serving as Prime Minister of the United Kingdom since July 2019. He is also serving as the Leader of the Conservative Party since July 2019. He has been the Member of Parliament (MP) for Uxbridge and South Ruislip since 2015 and was the MP for Henley from 2001 to 2008. He is also a controversial figure within British politics and journalism.
Boris Johnson backs high-speed Leeds to Manchester rail route
Prime Minister Boris Johnson has promised a faster rail route between Leeds and Manchester, claiming the benefits would be "colossal". In a speech in Manchester he gave his backing to the trans-Pennine transport link to "turbo-charge the economy". Standing in front of Stephenson's Rocket he said mass transport systems enabled people to prosper. Greater Manchester mayor Andy Burnham said he wanted "to see real action now to back up the prime minister's words". He said the full details of the Leeds-Manchester route would be published in the autumn following the review into HS2. An audience of about 100 people gathered at the Science and Industry Museum in Manchester to listen to Mr. Johnson's speech. He set out the four "ingredients" for the success of the UK as liveability, connectivity, culture, and power and responsibility. He said this meant areas having great public services, enough affordable homes, safe streets, fast broadband, and more responsibility and accountability for local areas. In June 2019, the Department for Transport would not confirm when a decision on HS3 would be made but estimated it could cost up to £39 Billion.
Early Life of Boris Johnson
Boris Johnson was born on 19th June 1964 as Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson in New York City, the United States. He has both American and British citizenship. He was born to a father, Stanley Johnson, and a mother, Charlotte Fawcett. He has Circassian-Turkish, English, German, French, Russian ancestry. He also has 3 siblings named Rachel, Leo, and Joseph. He attended Winsford Village School, Primrose Hill Primary School, and European School, Brussels I. He received a King's Scholarship to study at Eton College in Eton, Berkshire. He was admitted to the Eton Society in later 1981. After completing his studies at Eton, he went to Australia, where he taught English and Latin at an elite independent boarding school at Timbertop. He also won a scholarship to read Literae Humaniores at Balliol College, Oxford. He was popular at Oxford. He won the position of Union president at Oxford in 1986. His religion is Christian. As of 2019, he celebrated his 55th birthday.
Body Measurements of Boris Johnson
Boris is a very handsome person still at the age of 54. He has got a very charming smile on his lips. He still looks very young at this age. He has a tall height of 5 ft 9 in. or 1.75 m. He has a balanced weight of 85 Kg. His body measurement is 42-34-38 in. His shoe size is 10 (US). His other body measurements will be added soon.
Career of Boris Johnson
- Boris kick starts his career by securing work for a management consultancy company, L.E.K Consulting but he resigned after a week.
- He then started working as a graduate trainee at The Times in the year 1987.
- But he was dismissed from The Times after his article on the archaeological discovery of Edward II's palace for the newspaper created a scandal.
- He then worked at The Daily Telegraph. His article largely influenced politics in the UK.
- He was also given a regular column in The Daily Telegraph's sister publication, The Spectator.
- He was also given a column on new cars in the magazine GQ.
- He got the editorship of The Spectator in 1999.
- Later, The Spectator dismissed Johnson as editor in 2005.
- He also presented a popular history television show, The Dream of Rome in 2006 and After Rome in 2007.
- Later, he signed a 12-month contract with Telegraph Media Group on July 2018.
- He entered the politics with a desire to stand as a Conservative candidate to be a Member of the European Parliament (MEP) in the 1994 European Parliament election but was rejected.
- He was selected as the party's candidate for Clwyd South in North Wales, a Labour Party safe seat but lost the general election.
- He decided to stand as the Conservative candidate for a Conservative safe seat in Oxfordshire after Michael Heseltine retired.
- He had already gained television fame by then.
- He then won the 2001 general election.
- He was appointed to a standing committee assessing the Proceeds of Crime Bill in Parliament.
- Michael Howard became the Conservative leader, he appointed Johnson vice-chairman of the party.
- Howard appointed Johnson to the position of shadow arts minister in the year 2004.
- Howard dismissed him as vice-chairman and shadow arts minister for publicly lying.
- He had lied about his affair with Spectator columnist Petronella Wyatt.
- He was again re-elected to the second term winning the 2005 general election.
- After David Cameron became the Conservative Leader, Cameron appointed Johnson as the shadow higher education minister.
- He also won the election to become of Mayor of London in the year 2008.
- In 2012, he was re-elected as mayor to the second term.
- He returned to the Parliament winning MP in the 2015 general election.
- He became Foreign Secretary in July 2016 after Theresa May became the leader of the Conservative Party and Prime Minister.
- In July 2018, he resigned from Foreign Secretary.
- He returned to the role of a backbench MP.
- After Theresa May resigned from Conservative leadership, Johnson stood for the leadership.
- He won the leadership election in July 2019 defeating Jeremy Hunt.
- Queen Elizabeth appointed Johnson as Prime Minister on 24th July 2019.
- He promised that the UK would leave the European Union on 31st October 2019.
Marital Status (Married), Wife, Childre
Boris Johnson is a married person and he was married to Allegra Mostyn-Owen. They got engaged while at University. They later got married on September 1987. The couple separated in 1990 and their divorce was finalized in 1993. He then moved in with his childhood friend, Marina Wheeler in 1990. They got married on May 1993. He has four children, two daughters, and two sons. They separated in 2018. As of today, he is reportedly dating Carrie Symonds, the daughter of Matthew Symonds, a co-founder of The Independent newspaper, and Josephine Mcaffee, a lawyer. The couple is enjoying their life happily.
Net Worth of Boris Johnson
Boris Johnson is a very famous and successful person and his career has paid him a lot of fortune and fame. He has a net worth of £18 Million as of 2019 but his exact salary, income, earnings per months has not been revealed yet but it will be added soon. There is no doubt that he is satisfied with his earnings.