Catherine Bach - Bio, Net Worth, Daisy Duke,, Dukes Of Hazzard, Young and the Restless, Salary, Age, Facts, Wiki, Height, Affair, Husband, Y&R, Family
An American actress who is best known for her role as Daisy Duke in the television series ‘The Dukes of Hazzard’ and as Margo Dutton in ‘African Skies’ s named for Catherine Bach. She joined the cast of the CBS soap opera The Young and the Restless as Anita Lawson in the year 2012.
Catherine Bach Returns To The Young And The Restless
There have been a few surprises returns to The Young And The Restless over the last several weeks, and now, another one is coming! She’s a fan favorite who’s also known to viewers in prime time! According to TV Insider, Bach is reprising her role as Anita, Chelsea’s (Melissa Claire Egan) mom, starting Thursday, August 8. Bach is known to The Dukes of Hazzard fans for her iconic role as Daisy Duke, the character she played from 1979 to 1985 and reprised for two TV-movie (remember those?) reunions in 1997 and 2000.
How old is Catherine Bach?
Catherine celebrated her 65th birthday as of 2019.
Early Life of Catherine Bach
She was born on 1st March 1954, in Warren, Ohio, the USA. She holds American citizenship and her ethnicity is a mix of German and Mexican. Her father’s name was Bernard Bachman and her mother’s name was Norma Jean Kucera. Her mother was an acupuncturist and her father was a rancher. Her father belongs to German ancestry whereas her mother belonged to Mexican descent. She grew up in South Dakota and visited her grandparents in Faith, South Dakota. She has a brother named Philip Bachman. As per her education, she graduated from Stevens High School in Rapid City, South Dakota in 1970 and later studied drama as a major at UCLA. She supplemented her income by making clothes for friends and theater group.
Body Measurements of Bach
Bach has a height of 5 ft. 6 inches and weighs around 68 kg. She has dark brown eyes and brunette hair. Her body measurement is 38-28-37 inches. Overall, she is a very beautiful woman with a charming smile on her lips.
Career of Catherine Bach
- Catherine debuted her career as one of the children in a production of ‘The Sound of Music’.
- She then made her first screen appearances in the Burt Lancaster murder mystery, ‘The Midnight Man’.
- She also played the role of ‘Thunderbolt and Lightfoot’ in the 1994 film.
- She got the opportunity to play in ‘The Dukes of Hazzard’ after she gave an audition. She was selected on the spot because of Dolly Parton-lookalike.
- The show’s producers suggested for the pose to her and she posed as Daisy Duke for a poster, which was sold 5 million copies.
- During her casting in ‘The Dukes of Hazzard’, her legs were insured for $1,000,000.
- She portrayed the role of Margo Dutton in ‘African Skies’ from 1992 to 1994, and she has been portraying the role of Anita Lawson in ‘The Young and the Restless’ since 2012.
- She launched a line of diamond jewelry at Debenham in the year 2002.
- She appeared as Amy Harlan in ‘Hawaii Five-0’ in 2015, and as Pearl in ‘My Best Friend’ in the year 2016.
Net Worth, Salary and Earnings of Catherine Bach
The net worth of Bach is around $6 million as of 2019 and she has earned that sum of money from her professional career. It is expected that she makes around $2k per episode from ‘The Young And The Restless’. There is no doubt that she is satisfied with her earnings.
Marital Status, Affairs, Children of Bach
Catherine Bach was a married woman but as of today, she is currently single. She was married to entertainment lawyer Peter Lopez on 8th August 1990. The couple welcomed two daughters: Sophia Isabella (born January 1996) and Laura Esmeralda (born October 1998). Unfortunately, her ex-husband was found shot dead in an apartment suicide on 30th April 2010. After that, she married David Shaw on 15th May 1976. David was the step-son of Angela Lansbury. But, the pair also could not hold the relationship and end with divorce on 5th August 1981 due to some reason. As of today, she is living a happy life without any disturbances.