Chad Kroeger - Bio, Net Worth, Wife, Family, Age, Height, Facts, Wiki
Chad Kroeger is a Canadian singer, songwriter, guitarist, and producer who is well-recognized to be the lead singer and guitarist of the rock band, "Nickelback". Having sold over 50 million records worldwide, the band is considered to be one of the most successful bands in Canada. He also writes songs for artists and movies as well as the song, "Too Bad" was written about his dad who left them when they were young.
Kroeger is also known for his relationship with popular singer, Avril Lavigne with whom he even has worked on her album, "Let Me Go"(2013). They were even once married however their marriage didn't last long. Besides, he isn't active on social media platforms.
What is Chad Kroeger famous for?
- Famous as a singer and guitarist.
- Known to be the ex-husband of Avril Lavigne.
Where is Chad Kroeger from?
Chad Kroeger was born on November 15, 1974, in Hanna, Alberta, Canada. His birth name is Chad Robert Turton. He holds a Canadian nationality. His ethnicity is mixed while Scorpio is his zodiac sign.
Born as the youngest son to his parents; Wendall Turton(father) and Debbie Kroeger(mother), Chad grew up alongside his elder brother, Mike Kroeger, in their hometown. His father however left the family when he was just 2 years old after which he spent his childhood troublesome with his mother and brother.
The incident left a bad impact that he even used to steal money from other students while in school and was caught and sent to retention. His maternal grandfather was a popular politician Henry Kroeger, of German descent. Growing up he developed an interest in playing guitar, especially the alternative and grunge rock bands,s and started taking music seriously while in high school.
He even formed a grunge cover band, "Village Idiot" in the early 1990s with his cousin and friends.
Chad Kroeger's Career
- Chad Kroeger started his career forming a rock band, "Nickelback" alongside Kroeger, Peake, Mike Kroeger, and then drummer Brandon Kroeger in 1995.
- The band has remained strong together for more than 20 years selling 50 million sales worldwide.
- Their albums include; "Curb", "The State", "Silver Side Up", "The Long Road", "All the Right Reasons", and "Here and Now".
- In 2001, Chad founded the band, "The Suits XL".
- In 2002, he co-founded the Vancouver-based 604 Records.
- He has also produced music for several other artists and bands such as ‘Default’, ‘Theory of a Deadman’ and ‘Bo Bice’.
- He produced and sang a song for the movie "Spiderman" titled "Hero" in 2002.
- In 2003, he recorded a song for Santana’s new album titled ‘Shaman’.
- In 2007, he collaborated with Santana for their album, "Ultimate Santana" and worked on music for Travis Tritt’s album "The Storm".
- He also wrote and played guitar on Bo Bice's "You're Everything".
- He even worked with his ex-girlfriend, Canadian pop-rock singer Avril Lavigne on her fifth studio album, "Let Me Go" in 2013.
- In 2021, he worked alongside Josh Ramsay for the song, "Lady Mine".
Is Chad Kroeger still married?
Chad Kroeger seems to be single at the moment. He however has been married before. He was married to Avril Lavigne, a Canadian pop-rock singer, and songwriter with whom he first met while working on her album in March 2012.
They shortly after connected and started dating a month later on July 1, 2012. A month later the couple got engaged and got married just a year later after their first date on July 1, 2013, in the south of France.
The couple was loved by the public who even went to Portofino, Italy for their honeymoon. However, their relationship didn't last long and they got separated after only one year of marriage. On September 2, 2015, Lavigne announced their separation via her official Instagram account.
Even before Avril, he wаѕ іn а rеlаtіоnѕhір wіth Маrіаnnе Gurісk back in 2002 whom he dаtеd for 7 years till 2009. Кrоеgеr hаѕ аlѕо bееn іn а rеlаtіоnѕhір wіth Кrіѕtеn Dеwіtt.
Besides, he had surgery to remove a cyst on his vocal cords in 2015.
How much is Chad Kroeger's net worth?
Chad Kroeger has earned a handsome sum of money from his profession as a singer, songwriter, and guitarist. Also his career as the lead singer and guitarist of the rock band, "Nickelback", has amassed a hefty amount estimated at million dollars.
The band of which he is the lead singer has sold over 50 million sales worldwide and has conducted several tours and concerts for the past 20 years.
Besides, he is also part of several other bands and also has worked and collaborated with other artists as well. Including his income and earnings, he has a net worth estimated to be around $90 million. With his million dollars, he surely lives a luxurious lifestyle.
How tall is Chad Kroeger?
Chad Kroeger is a handsome man with a well-maintained athletic body physique in his early 40s. He has a fair complexion with blonde hair and a pair of blue eyes. He stands tall with a height of 6ft 1inches(1.78m) and has a body weight of 86kg(190 lbs).