Facts About Chanel Iman
|Celebrated Name||Chanel Iman|
|Age||32 Years Old|
|Nick Name||Chanel Iman|
|Birth Name||Chanel Iman Robinson|
|Place Of Birth||Atlanta, Georgia|
|Home Town||Los Angeles, California|
|Father||George "Tic" Price|
|High School||Fairfax High School|
|Children||Cali and Cassie|
|Net Worth||$9 Million|
|Source of Wealth||Modeling Field|
|Height||5 ft 10 in or 178 cm|
|Weight||51 kg or 112.5 pounds|
|Bra Cup Size||32A|
|Shoe Size||8 (US) or 38.5 (EU) or 5.5 (UK)|
|Body Measurement||32-23-33 in or 81-58-84 cm|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Chanel Iman is an American model. She is best known for her work as a Victoria's Secret Angel. She started modeling when she was 13 with Ford Models. She has appeared in the music video for the song "Dive" by Usher. She has not appeared in any movies till now but as a model, she has been flashed in a TV movie, titled "The Victoria's Secret Fashion Show" in the years 2009, 2010, and 2011. She debuted on TV with the fashion show, "Ready to wear - Autumn/ Winter 2006 " in which she walked for brands like 3.1 Phillip Lim, Adam + Eve, Charles Nolan, Custo Barcelona, DKNY, Gen Art, Nicole Miller, Tory Burch. Besides this, she has appeared in Tyra Banks Show as a guest judge on America's Next Top Model, Cycle 13, House of Style, and others. In 2006, she won Ford's "Supermodel of the World" competition in New York. She alongside her mother runs a boutique in Culver City, California with the name "The Red Bag Boutique", which they opened in 2010. She has been featured in the Kinect video game on XBOX Live Arcade. She had been connected with USAID and Ad Council's FWD campaign. She has numerous magazine cover and editorial appearances like on Allure, Vogue, Elle, Flare, Harper's Bazaar, Wish, Pop, Teen Vogue, i-D, etc. Vogue Paris declared her as one of the top 30 models of the 2000s.
What is Chanel Iman Famous For?
- Being an American Model.
- For her work as a Victoria's Secret Angel.
Where is Chanel Iman From? Know About Her Family, Ethnicity, and Hometown
Chanel Iman was born with the birth name of Chanel Iman Robinson on 1st December 1990. She is from Atlanta, Georgia, the USA. Her hometown is in Los Angeles, California. She is American by nationality and she is Mixed as per her ethnicity. She is of Afro-American descent on her dad's side while she is of half Korean and half African American descent on her mom's side. He was born to her father, George "Tic" Price, and her mother, China Robinson. There are no details about her siblings. Sagittarius is her Zodiac sign and her religion is Baptist. She cut her 31st birthday as of 2021.
About her educational background, she attended Fairfax High School in Los Angeles, USA.
Chanel Iman Career Timeline
- Chanel Iman began modeling with Ford Models as a child model in LA, California when she was only twelve years old.
- In 2006, she flew to New York where she grabbed third place in Ford's Supermodel of the World contest.
- Her next step was that she signed with the agency and started appearing in editions for Allure, Dubai, American, and Ukrainian Harpers Bazaar, V, i-D, Pop, Italian, British, and Indonesian Elle, Italian Vanity Fair, and several international Vogues.
- Additionally, she appeared on the cover of Teen Vogue, with Karlie Kloss and Ali Michael, photographed by Patrick Demarchelier in February and July 2007. Not only this but also, she appeared on the cover again in November 2009.
- Her other covers include American, British, and Italian Elle, American and French L'Officiel, i-D, Dubai and Ukrainian Harper's Bazaar, Lula, Korean, Teen, and American Vogue.
- Furthermore, she has also has walked the runways for Burberry, Tom Ford, Gucci, Balenciaga, Max Mara, Versace, Yves Saint Laurent, Oscar de la Renta, Stella McCartney, DKNY, Moschino, Tommy Hilfiger, Jason Wu, Dior, Michael Kors, Hugo Boss, Ralph Lauren, Dolce & Gabbana, Kenzo, Hermés, Louis Vuitton, Alexander McQueen, Roberto Cavalli, Marc Jacobs, DSquared2, John Galliano, and Bottega Veneta.
- Not only this but also she has appeared in advertising campaigns for Jean Paul Gaultier, Dolce & Gabbana, Ralph Lauren, DKNY, Bottega Veneta, DSquared2, Dennis Basso, Swarovski, XOXO, Benetton, J. Crew, Barneys New York, Saks Fifth Avenue, Lord & Taylor, GAP, Express, Mizani, and Victoria's Secret.
- After that, she walked in 2009, 2010, and 2011 Victoria's Secret Fashion Show.
- She became a Victoria's Secret Angel and was used in several of the company's campaigns in the year 2010.
- Regarding her television career, she appeared with her mother on an episode of the "Tyra Banks Show" in October 2007.
- She then appeared as a correspondent in MTV's brief revival of "House of Style" alongside Bar Refaeli on 9th September 2009.
- After that, she appeared as a guest judge on the two-hour season premiere of America's Next Top Model, Cycle 13 on 9th September 2009.
- Also, she appeared on an episode of America's Next Top Model, Cycle 23 posing with the contestants of that cycle.
- Furthermore, she made an appearance on a January 2016 episode of Spike's "Lip Sync Battle".
- She was also seen in the 2015 film "Dope" which premiered at the 2015 Sundance Film Festival.
- In the year 2017, she appeared in the Crackle original movie, "Mad Families".
- Regarding her other projects, she opened a clothing boutique in Culver City, California called The Red Bag. It was in the year 2010.
- Further, she has appeared in Beyoncé's music video for "Yonce".
- Next, she was seen in singer Usher's music video for "Dive" and The Weeknd's music video for "Can't Feel My Face".
- She attended the Met Ball with fashion designer Tom Ford in the year 2012.
- Intel released a Kinect video game on Xbox Live Arcade which starred Iman alongside Chris Evans and Redfoo of LMFAO.
- Moreover, she signed a contract with Utah-based electronics company "Skullcandy".
- Focusing on her Philanthropy career, she traveled to East Africa on a work trip in 2011 becoming one of a handful of celebrities attached to USAID and Ad Council's FWD campaign, an awareness initiative tied to that year's drought in East Africa.
- At present, she is working on setting up primary schools in impoverished rural areas in Tanzania and Uganda.
- She was chosen by the editor-in-chief of American Vogue, Anna Wintour to co-host her Runway to Win fundraising event in Chicago in May 2011.
- In addition, she has also designed a backpack to raise money for President Barack Obama's 2012 campaign.
Who is Chanel Iman married to?
Chanel Iman is a married woman. On 2nd December 2017, she announced her engagement to New York Giants wide receiver Sterling Shepard. The couple married on 3rd March 2018, at the Beverly Hills Hotel. The married couple is also blessed with two daughters namely Cali (born on August 10, 2018) and Cassie (born on December 17, 2019). At present, the duo is enjoying their present life happily without any disturbances. Her sexual orientation is straight and he is not gay.
Back then, her name was initially connected with film / TV producer, Ryan Leslie in 2008. She dated American rapper Tyga (real name – Michael Ray Nguyen-Stevenson) from March 2009 until June 2009. Christopher Smith dated Chanel starting from August 2009. She then confirmed her relationship later in the year via Twitter by referring to him as her 'Prince'. She next dated Kanye West from December 2010 to August 2011. She is roughly 14 years his junior, but 3 inches taller than him. From May 2012 until July 2012, basketball player, J.R. Smith dated the supermodel. She also dated a rapper, A$AP Rocky from early 2013 until October 2014. Basketball player, Jordan Clarkson started dating Chanel in April 2015 until December 2015.
How much is Chanel Iman Net Worth?
Chanel Iman is a successful and talented model whose net worth is estimated to have $9 Million as of 2021. She has walked the ramp for various designers and brands Amazon Smart is Beautiful, Barney's New York, Blanco, Bottega Veneta, DKNY, Dolce & Gabbana, Dsquared2, Express, GAP, H&M, JCrew, Jean Paul Gaultier, Lord & Taylor, Ralph Lauren, Rosa ChÃ¡, Saks Fifth Avenue, Skull Candy headphones, Target, United Colors of Benetton, Victoria's Secret. She was Sunglass Hut's summer ambassador along with Jourdan Dunn and Joan Smalls. Iman was a model for Amazon Fashion's 2012 holiday campaign. Her main source of wealth is from her modeling career and today, she is living a lavish lifestyle from her career earnings. She has not shared any details regarding her annual salary and career earnings.
Chanel Iman Body Measurements: How tall is she?
Chanel Iman is a sexy woman with a luring body figure. She has a slim body type with a height of 5 ft 10 in or 178 cm and her balanced bodyweight consist of 51 kg or 112.5 pounds. She has a pair of dark brown eyes and her hair color is black. Being a Black Victoria's Secret Angel, she has many times been turned away by fashion designers as she is black. She told The Times that she got this response from many fashion designers "We already found one black girl. We don't need you anymore". Her body measurement is 32-23-33 in or 81-58-84 cm. Her dress size is 2 (US) or 34 (EU) or 6 (UK) and her bra size is 32A. Her shoe size is 8 (US) or 38.5 (EU) or 5.5 (UK).
Trivias About Chanel Iman You Need To Know.
- Her real name is Chanel Iman Robinson.
- She started modeling with Ford Models when she was 13.
- She has not appeared in any movies till now as an actress.
- She had been connected with USAID and Ad Council's FWD campaign.
- Vogue Paris declared her as one of the top 30 models of the 2000s.