Facts About Charisma Carpenter
Charisma Carpenter is an American actress who is well known for portraying the fictional role Cordelia Chase in the supernatural drama series, "Buffy the Vampire Slayer"(1997–1999) and its spin-off series, "Angel"(1999–2004). Having her career started with her first television role in an episode of "Baywatch"(1994), Carpenter has managed to come a long way up becoming one of the popular actresses in her nearly 3-decade long career.
Other of her popular roles include Kendall Casablancas in "Veronica Mars", Rebecca Sewell in "The Lying Game", and Lacy in The Expendables film series. Besides, she is the founder & CEO of MyCon.live where she goes on one and one virtual chats with her subscribers and is quite active on social media sites with over 299k followers on Instagram: @charismacarpenter and over 292k followers on Twitter: @AllCharisma.
What is Charisma Carpenter Famous for?
- Famous as an actress.
- Known for her role as Cordelia Chase in "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" and "Angel".
Where was Charisma Carpenter Born?
Charisma Carpenter was born on July 23, 1970, in Las Vegas, Nevada, United States. Her birth name is Charisma Lee Carpenter. Her nationality is American. Carpenter belongs to mixed ethnicity while Leo is her zodiac sign.
Born as the daughter of her parents; Christine(mother) and Don Carpenter(father), Charisma grew up in a healthy environment in her hometown, Las Vegas where she attended Bishop Gorman High School. Her mother, Christine was a Spanish bird sanctuary worker while her father, Don was a half-French and half-German salesman.
Interested in singing and dancing, she trained in classical ballet when she was just 5 and was even a part of a song-and-dance troupe that performed in the Las Vegas Valley when she was just nine years old.
Her family moved to Rosarito Beach, Baja California, Mexico, and then to San Diego, California when she was just 15. She attended Bonita Vista High School later joined Chula Vista School of the Creative and Performing Arts. Following her graduation, Carpenter traveled throughout Europe, and upon returning to San Diego, she worked as a video store clerk, an aerobics instructor, and in property management.
At 21, she began working as a cheerleader for the San Diego Chargers football team. When she moved to Los Angeles for further studies she was by a commercial agent while waiting tables at Sunset Boulevard.
Charisma Carpenter's Career Highlights
- Charisma Carpenter started her career with her first television role in an episode of "Baywatch" in 1994.
- She then landed a starring role in the NBC short-lived teen drama/soap opera series, "Malibu Shores" in 1995.
- Her biggest breakthrough came when she was cast as Cordelia Chase in the popular supernatural drama series, "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" in 1997. She played the role for three whole seasons following which she was offered the spin-off series, "Angel".
- She played the same character on Angel for 4 seasons from 1999 till 2004.
- She then played the role of Serena Lockner on NBC's "Miss Match" and as Kyra in "Charmed"(2004).
- She also acted in movies; "See Jane Date"(2003) and "Like Cats and Dogs"(2004).
- In 2005, she was cast as Kendall Casablancas in the mystery drama, "Veronica Mars"(2005–2006).
- In 2006, she acted in 4 TV films; ‘Flirting with Danger,’ ‘Voodoo Moon,’ ‘Cheaters' Club,’ and ‘Relative Chaos
- She then starred in production company Red Sparrow's first film, "Psychosis" in 2011.
- She landed a recurring role as Rebecca Sewell in the first season of the ABC Family drama series, "The Lying Game" in 2012.
- She also appeared as Lacy in an action film, "The Expendables" in 2010 and also in "The Expendables 2" in 2012.
- In 2013, she was featured as herself, a crime survivor on Surviving Evil(original working title: I Survived Evil) where she talked about the horrific attack that she and her two other friends suffered at the hands of a violent serial rapist and police officer Henry Hubbard Jr. in 1991.
- She starred alongside Morgan Obenreder in the 2015 erotic film, "Bound".
- Her latest appearances include films; "The Griddle House", "Pegasus: Pony with a Broken Wing" and series; "9-1-1", "No Good Nick" and "Pandora".
Charisma Carpenter's Dating Relationship
Charisma Carpenter is currently single, however, she has been married before. Her first marriage was with Damian Hardy, with whom she got married on October 5, 2002, in Las Vegas. Following year they welcomed their son together, Donovan Charles Hardy. However, just after 5 years of their marriage, they separated and got divorced in 2008.
Besides, she has been an outspoken speaker when it comes to justice and equality. Recently in February 2021, Carpenter accused Joss Whedon, creator of “Buffy the Vampire Slayer,” of being verbally abusive and creating a toxic work environment during her seven years working with the director.
Charisma Carpenter's Net Worth
Charisma Carpenter has quite good earnings from her professional career as an actress. Having her career started initially as a cheerleader then in some commercials, Carpenter has managed to come a long way up becoming one of the popular actresses in her nearly 3 decade-long career.
Her source of income is surely her appearances in movies and series. Adding up her incomes, Carpenter has a net worth estimated to be around $5 million.
Charisma Carpenter's Height
Charisma Carpenter is a gorgeous lady with a well-maintained hour-glass body physique in her 50s. She stands tall with a height of 5ft. 7inches.(1.70m) while her body weighs around 58kg(128 lbs). She has her own sweet personality which can be certain through her body features with dark brown eyes, light brown hair, and body measurement of around 35-26-34 inches with a bra size of 35B, 5(US) as her dress size, and 8(US) as her shoe size.
She has a fair complexion with blonde hair and sparkling blue eyes.