Facts About Charlene White
|Celebrated Name||Charlene White|
|Age||43 Years Old|
|Nick Name||Charlene White|
|Birth Name||Charlene Denise White|
|Profession||Journalist , TV Presenter|
|Place Of Birth||Greenwich, London|
|Siblings||2;Joshua and Carina|
|High School||Blackheath High School|
|College / University||London College of Printing|
|Marital Status||Unmarried (In a Relationship)|
|Children||5; Alfie (born in August 2017) and Florence (born in October 2019), Three Children Adopted|
|Net Worth||$1 Million|
|Source of Wealth||Journalist career|
|Height||5 ft 8 in|
Charlene White is a British TV presenter and journalist who is famous for her work as a presenter for ITV News programs. She has also been an anchor on Loose Women since 2021. She is also regarded as the youngest member of the ITV news team and a graduate of the London College of Printing. In the 2020 and 2021 editions of the Powerlist, she was listed in the Top 100 of the most influential people in the UK of African/African-Caribbean descent. Moreover, she has also been moderator, and senior communicate columnist at BBC Look East, Radio 5 Live Morning Reports, BBC Three 60 Seconds, and BBC News.
What is Charlene White Famous For?
- Being a British journalist and TV Presenter.
- For her work at ITN News in London as a Reporter and TV News Presenter.
What Nationality is Charlene White? Know About Her Family, Ethnicity, and Education
Charlene White took birth on 22nd June 1980 with the birth name of Charlene Denise White in Greenwich, London, England. She holds British nationality and her ethnic background is Indian-African-British. Her race is Black. She celebrated her 41st birthday as of 2021 with her parents and dear ones. She was born to West Indian parents. About her parents, she was born to her father, Denis, and her mother, Dorrett Lonie. Her family belongs to a Black Caribbean Heritage. By profession, her father worked in the Royal Air Force and later he became a postman. In addition, she also has two siblings namely Joshua and Carina with whom she spent her childhood. When she was 21, her mother, Dorrett passed away and her cause of death was bowel cancer. Since her mother left, she has been working to raise awareness about bowel cancer and she is also a member of Charity Bowel Cancer UK. Her parents wanted her to become a doctor but she pursue her career in journalism. Her Zodiac sign is Cancer and she follows the Christianity religion.
Concerning her educational background, she Blackheath High School in southeast London and graduated from the London College of Printing.
Charlene White Career Timeline
- Charlene White was a presenter and senior broadcast journalist at "BBC Look East", Radio 5 Live "Morning Reports", BBC Three "60 Seconds" and BBC News.
- In addition, she also had her own late-night talk show on 'BBC London 94.9'.
- Then, she joined Radio 1 "Newsbeat" in the year 2002 as well as its digital station BBC Radio 1Xtra as a reporter.
- She also teamed up with DJ G Money as a presenter on 1Xtra's two-hour news, magazine, and documentary program "TX" in the year 2005.
- Back then, she worked as a reporter and producer for "ITV News Meridian" on 'ITV Meridian' in Kent.
- She joined "ITN" in the year 2008 as a newscaster for "ITV News at 5:30" on ITV.
- Similarly, she presented three short opts which aired as part of GMTV (later "Daybreak") for ITV News London on ITV London.
- She also became the first black woman to present "ITV News at Ten" on 9th April 2014.
- She presented the "ITV Weekend News" until 2019.
- Then, she continues to act as relief presenter of the "ITV Lunchtime News" & "ITV Evening News".
- She was announced as lead presenter of "ITV News London"'s main 6 pm program on 30th May 2019.
- She made her debut as a guest presenter of "Loose Women" on 12th August 2020.
- It was then announced on 11th January 2021 that she was to become a regular presenter, following Andrea McLean's departure from the show.
- She appeared as a presenter in "Trevor McDonald and Charlene White: Has George Floyd Changed Britain?" in 2021 as well as in "Celebrity Gogglebox" alongside Judi Love.
- Additionally, she appeared as a presenter in "Charlene White: Empire's Child" where she takes an eventful journey into her past to explore how the legacy of the British Empire has shaped her family's history.
Who is Charlene White Partner?
Charlene White is an unmarried man and she is still to get married. But she is currently in a long-term relationship with her partner or boyfriend whose name goes by Andy. The duo is also blessed with two children namely Alfie (born in August 2017) and Florence (born in October 2019). When Alfie was a year old, she took him to her workplace at ITV News in February 2018. Whereas the couple has also adopted three kids. Today, the duo is enjoying their present life happily without any disturbances. Her sexual orientation is straight. The lovely pair seems to get married soon in the coming time. Charlene White and Andy are currently residing in South London, the UK. She also collaborates with her partner to volunteer for several HIV AIDS centers running their care center.
How much is Charlene White Net Worth and Salary?
Charlene White is a very talented, hard-working, and successful journalist who has gained a huge name as well as fame. She has enjoyed a long career in the journalism industry spanning almost three decades. As of 2021, the net worth of Charlene White is estimated to have $1 Million and her salary is between in the range of $100K-$500K at present. Her major source of wealth comes from her journalism career and she is satisfied with her earnings as of today. She is living a cool lifestyle at present.
Charlene White Weight Loss: How tall is Charlene White?
Charlene White is a beautiful journalist who has a standing height of 5 ft 8 in. Her well-maintained body weight consists of 54 KG. She has a pair of brown eyes and her hair color is brown. She has done some weight loss exercises to maintain her body measurement. She has managed to reduce her weight after she had given birth to her children. Overall, she has got a healthy body as of today. She has a glowing face with a charming personality attracting a lot of people towards her.
While presenting an ITV News bulletin, Charlene White refused to wear a Remembrance Day poppy, stating: "I prefer to be neutral and impartial on screen so that one of those charities doesn't feel less favored than another." It was reported that following the decision to not wear a poppy, she faced racist and sexist abuse on Twitter.
Trivias About Charlene White You Need To Know.
- Charlene White's real name is Charlene Denise White.
- Her mother, Dorrett passed away and her cause of death was bowel cancer.
- Her Zodiac sign is Cancer.
- She became the first black woman to present "ITV News at Ten" on 9th April 2014.
- She also collaborates with her partner, Andy to volunteer for several HIV AIDS center running their care center.
- She has managed to reduce her weight after she had given birth to her children.