Charles Leclerc - Bio, Net Worth, Salary, Girlfriend, Age, Parents
Charles Marc Herve Perceval Leclerc, professionally known as Charles Leclerc is a Monegasque racing driver. Leclerc currently competes for Scuderia Ferrari in Formula One. He won the GP3 Series championship in 2016 and the FIA Formula 2 Championship in 2017. He then made his Formula One debut in 2018. He recorded his first career win at the 2019 Belgian Grand Prix. He later won the 2019 Italian Grand Prix. He has won numerous honors including the Monaco Medal of Honour in 2020.
What is Charles Leclerc Famous For?
- Formula One driver for Scuderia Ferrari.
Where is Charles Leclerc From?
Charles Leclerc was born on 16 October 1997. His birth name is Charles Marc Herve Perceval Leclerc. His birth place is in Monte Carlo in Monaco. He holds Monegasque nationality. He was born to his father, Herve Leclerc, and his mother, Pascale. He has two brothers, Arthur, and Lorenzo. His grandfather was Charles Manni who founded Mecaplast. He belongs to a white ethnicity and his religion is Christianity. He describes that he believes in God but is someone who would not pray or go to church.
Charles Leclerc Racing Career
- Charles Leclerc started his karting career in 2005.
- He went on to win the French PACA Championship in 2005, 2006, and 2008.
- He became French Cadet champion in 2009 and later moved to the KF3 class in 2010.
- He won the Junior Monaco Kart Cup.
- He won CIK-FIA KF3 World Cup, the CIK-FIA Karting Academy Trophy, and the ERDF Junior Kart Masters in 2011 before graduating to the KF3 category in 2012.
- He won the WSK Euro Series title with the factory-backed ART Grand Prix team.
- He won the South Garda Winter Cup and finished second in the CIK-FIA World KZ Championship in 2013.
- He graduated to single-seaters in 2014 and started racing in the Formula Renault 2.0 Alps championship for British team Fortec Motorsports.
- For the 2014 season, he finished on the podium seven times including a double victory at Monza.
- He won the Junior Championship title at the final race of the 2014 season in Jerez.
- He graduated to Formula Three in 2015.
- He started racing in the FIA Formula 3 European Championship with Dutch team Van Amersfoort Racing.
- He signed with ART Grand Prix in 2016 winning the title in Abu Dhabi.
- He graduated to Formula 2 after his win at the GP3 title race.
- He started racing with Prema alongside fellow GP3 racer and Ferrari junior Antonio Fuoco.
- He went on to win the FIA Formula 2 Championship in his rookie season in the main F1 feeder series.
- He became the youngest ever champion of the main support series for Formula 1 at 19 years 256 days old. He is also the only driver to claim a championship with the Dallara GP2/11 chassis in their rookie season.
- He joined the Ferrari Driver Academy in 2016 where he was assigned as the development driver for Haas F1 Team and Scuderia Ferrari.
- He signed for the Sauber F1 Team as a race driver for the 2018 Formula One World Championship. It was the first appearance of a Monegasque Formula One driver since Olivier Beretta in 1994.
- He became the first Monegasque driver after Louis Chiron at the 1950 Monaco Grand Prix to score points in Formula One after he finished sixth in the 2018 Azerbaijan Grand Prix.
- He finished 13th in the championship with 39 points in the 2018 season.
- He was awarded the Autosport Award Rookie of the Year two times, in 2017 and 2018.
- He was also awarded the FIA Rookie of the Year twice, in 2017 and 2018.
- In the same year, he was awarded the COnfartigianato Motori Best Young Driver.
- He signed with Scuderia Ferrari for the 2019 season replacing 2007 World Champion Kimi Raikkonen.
- He finished fifth in his first Grand Prix driving for Ferrari at the 2019 Australian Grand Prix.
- He made his first Formula One podium at the 2019 Bahrain Grand Prix, where he finished 3rd.
- He recorded his first Grand Prix win at the 2019 Belgian Grand Prix.
- He became the first Ferrari driver since Fernando Alonso in 2010 to win at Monza.
- He finished the 2019 season in fourth place in the championship with 264 points.
- He recorded ten podium finishes, two wins, four fastest laps, and the most pole positions of any driver in the 2019 season.
- He was awarded the Pirelli Pole Position Trophy in 2019.
- He finished the 2020 season in eighth place in the championship scoring 98 points.
- He was awarded the Confartigianato Motori Driver of the Year for the second time.
- He was honored with the Monaco Medal of Honour in 2020.
- He is contracted with Ferrari until the end of the 2024 season.
Who is Charles Leclerc Girlfriend?
Charles Leclerc is not married. However, he is not single. He is currently dating Charlotte Sine who is an architecture student.
Lerclerc was previously in a relationship with Giada Gianni. They dated for around 4 years and were rumored to have been engaged. However, they split. It was reported that Leclerc broke up to focus on his Formula One career.
What is Charles Leclerc Height?
Charles Leclerc stands at the height of 1.8 m tall. He has a slim body build. His eye color is hazel and his hair color is black. His sexual orientation is straight.
What is Charles Leclerc Net Worth?
Charles Leclerc is one of the popular racing drivers who currently competes in Formula One with Ferrari. He has already made over 13 podium finishes in his Formula One career. He has amassed a good fortune out of his racing career. Besides racing, he has an endorsement deal with Giorgio Armani, signed in 2020. His net worth is estimated at around $12 million.
Trivias About Charles Leclerc You Need To Know.
- His father also raced cars in Formula 3 in the 1980s and 1990s.
- His godfather was Jules Bianchi.
- He speaks Italian and English.
- Back at his home in Monaco, his name is pronounced as "Sharl Leclair" in English.
- His car number is 16.
- He is the first driver since Nico Hulkenberg in 2009 to win the Formula 2 Championship in his rookie season.
- He is the youngest Ferrari pole-sitter.
- He is the youngest Ferrari race winner.
- He is the youngest Ferrari race winner.
- He is the first non-Mercedes driver to win the Pole Position Award.
- He is the first Monegasque to win a Formula One World Championship Grand Prix )Louis Chiron had won several Grand Prix before the inaugural championship in 1950).
- He was investigated by the FIA after breaching the governing body's strict COVID-19 safety protocols between the Austrian and Styrian Grand Prix events.
- He was accused of being racist after he opted not to take a knee during the pre-race ceremonies of the opening events of the 2020 Formula One World Championship as part of the sports anti-racism campaign.
- He made an appearance in the film, Le Gand Rendez-vous.
- He is the Ambassador for the Princess Charlene of Monaco Foundation since 2018.
- He assisted Red Cross Monaco in 2020 amid the COVID-19 pandemic in Monaco.