Charlie McDowell - Bio, Net Worth, Dating, Girlfriend, Wife, Age, Height, Family, Siblings, Parents, Facts, Wiki, Career, Lily Collins' Fiance, Body
A very talented film director as well as the writer from the USA is named for Charlie McDowell. He is famous for directing films and TV shows such as The Discovery, Untitled Sarah Silverman Project, The One I Love, Bye Bye Benjamin, Dear White People, and Silicon Valley. In the year 2005, he joined the American film Institute as its directing partner. In 2014, he made his theatrical film debut as a voice actor in the drama-fantasy film "The One I Love" as Madison. In 1996, he made his TV show debut as a voice actor on the historical war documentary series, "The West". He also has a production company called "Cloudbreak Productions". On 4th June 2013, he published a book titled "Dear Girls Above Me" with Three Rivers Press based on his Twitter feed. His writing credits include The Discovery (2017), Bye Bye Benjamin (2006), and Gilded Rage. He is also active in social media with more than 98K followers in his Instagram account under the account name @charliemcdowell, and more than 67K followers in his Twitter account under the same name.
Lily Collins gets engaged to director Charlie McDowell
Lily Collins, 31, announced on Instagram Friday her engagement to writer-director Charlie McDowell. "I've been waiting my lifetime for you and I can't wait to spend our lifetime together," Collins captioned a slideshow of photos of during and after the proposal. The couple appeared to be on a trip to the mountains, where McDowell popped the question. In one photo, Collins is spotted giggling as her now-fiance was bent down on one knee. Hours after announcing her engagement, Collins shared another photo of herself flashing her diamond ring on her finger as she smiled wide. 'The purest joy I've ever felt,' the actress said.
- For directing the drama fantasy film "The One I Love" (2014) starring Mark Duplass and Elisabeth Moss.
- For his other directorial works such as "The Discovery" (2017) and "Bye Bye Benjamin" (2006).
What is the Birthplace of Charlie McDowell?
On 10th July 1983, Charlie McDowell was born in Los Angeles (USA) to his parents; English actor Malcolm McDowell and American actress Mary Steenburgen. He also has a sibling, an older sister named Lilly (born January 22, 1981) as well as three younger half-brothers from his father's marriage to Kelley Kuhr. His stepfather is actor Ted Danson, who married his mother in 1995. Cancer is his Zodiac sign and his religion is Christian. At present, he is residing in Los Angeles, California, in the USA. As per his education, he studied at Crossroads High School in Santa Monica, California, graduating in 2002. Later, he attended the AFI Conservatory film school in California. He is American by nationality and his ethnicity is Mixed of English, Scottish, Welsh, and Dutch. His race is White. As of 2020, he celebrated his 37th birthday.
How was the Career of Charlie McDowell?
- Charlie McDowell's Twitter feed, @charliemcdowell, was described by Time as "one of the most hilarious Twitter feeds out there" in the year 2011.
- After a couple of years, Three Rivers Press published his book, "Dear Girls Above Me", based on his Twitter feed.
- His debut film-direct was "The One I Love", starring Mark Duplass and Elisabeth Moss had its world premiere at the Sundance Film Festival in January 2014. The movie was released in August 2014.
- He then directed Sarah Silverman's untitled HBO series "pilot" in the year 2015.
- His next film which he directed was "The Discovery" which was premiered at the Sundance Film Festival and was acquired by Netflix for a global release in 2017.
- In the same year of March, he announced he was adapting author Don DeLillo's novel "Zero K" as a limited series for FX with Noah Hawley and Scott Rudin producing.
- Moreover, he has also directed an episode of Hawley's TV series "Legion", also for FX.
- He next directed the first and last episodes of the Showtime series "On Becoming a God in Central Florida" in the year 2019.
- Additionally, he directed episodes of Silicon Valley, Dear White People, Tales from the Loop, and Dispatches from Elsewhere.
- His next film, "Gilded Rage", will be based on the infamous murder of investment banker Thomas Gilbert Sr., Bill Skarsgard, and Christoph Waltz are set to portray the character in different periods of his life. Lily Collins is also set to star in the film.
What is the Net Worth of Charlie McDowell?
As of 2020, the net worth of Charlie McDowell is estimated to have around $3 Million. His major source of wealth comes from directing films. Whereas the exact salary earnings of Charlie are still to get unfold yet but there is no doubt in the mind of his followers that he is making a considerable amount of money from his career and he is satisfied with his income. His other source of income also comes from writing career (books). He is living a cool lifestyle as of today.
Who is Charlie McDowell Dating?
Talking about the marital status of Charlie McDowell, he is an unmarried man but he is not single at present. He is currently in a relationship with his beautiful girlfriend Lily Collins, who is an actress by profession. Additionally, she is the daughter of the English drummer and singer Phil Collins. She gave hints about their relationship by posting pictures of Charlie on her Instagram posts. Their relationship went Instagram-official in August 2019. On 25th September 2020, they announced their engagement. As of now, the duo is living a happy life without any disturbances. His sexual orientation is straight and he is not gay. He has a dog named Marvin.
Everything To Know About Lily Collins
Prior to this, he previously dated Kristin Chenoweth, Haylie Duff, Rooney Mara, Phoebe Tonkin, and Emilia Clarke.
How tall is Charlie McDowell?
Charlie McDowell is a very handsome man. His body build is Athletic. He stands tall at the height of 5 ft 11 in or 180.5 cm. His balanced bodyweight consists of 75 KG or 165.5 lbs. He has a light brown hair color and his eye color is green. He has short hair with a lean body figure. He maintains his body a lot and he is living a healthy life as of today.
Trivias About Charlie McDowell You Need To Know.
- In the year 2005, he joined the American film Institute as its directing partner.
- In 2014, he made his theatrical film debut as a voice actor in the drama-fantasy film "The One I Love" as Madison.
- On 4th June 2013, he published a book titled "Dear Girls Above Me" with Three Rivers Press based on his Twitter feed.
- He also has a sibling, an older sister named Lilly (born January 22, 1981) as well as three younger half-brothers from his father's marriage to Kelley Kuhr.