Charlie Webster - Bio, Net Worth, Age, Husband, Boyfriend, Family, Parents, Nationality, Height, Weight, Facts, Wiki, Salary, Career, Coach, Education
Charlie Webster is a TV presenter, sportscaster, writer, and campaigner from England. She is famous for hosting several sports programs, including Setanta Sports News and SkySports News. In 2010, she presented the Goodwood Festival of Speed live on Sky Sports, featured on BBC One's "Football Focus", and presented the UK School Games for Channel 4 with Iwan Thomas. While studying linguistics at Newcastle University, she held side jobs as a model and personal trainer. She began her sportscasting career with Real Madrid TV in Spain. In 2014, providing commentary for a match between boxers Wladimir Klitschko and Alex Leapai, she became the first female sportscaster to cover a boxing event. As a writer, she wrote a football-themed column for a publication called the New Paper. In addition, she also writes a blog on SkySports.com, and also writes for the Huffington Post, the Sheffield Star, and football.co.uk. She was also a contestant on the Channel 4 reality TV show "Fool Around With". Not only this but also she is a keen runner, triathlete, and boxer, training at the Lynn ABC, and has completed her level 2 Football Association coaching badge. She has run at least ten marathons, including the London, New York, Singapore, and Houston Marathons.
Charlie Webster: BBC documentary Nowhere to Run reflects on abuse of Sky Sports star
Charlie Webster's documentary Nowhere To Run: Abused By Our Coach has sent shockwaves through the sport as the TV presenter spoke about how both she and her former teammates in Sheffield were abused by their coach. But she hopes it will lead to changes that will help protect future generations of athletes. The sports presenter wants to see the creation of a new database for coaches that is shared across all sports, together with a Government review of the criminal record and intelligence checking system. In addition, she wants to see a new education resource for young athletes where good and bad coaching practices are highlighted. "If you've been abused, you don't have to carry it by yourself or think you're a bad person," she says. "I want to show people they're not on their own." Webster, 38, tracked down her teammates from the running club she was in as a teenager more than 20 years ago. She had been abused by her coach and after not seeing her old friends for years she discovered some of them had been abused by the same man too. "I had no idea if anyone would want to talk to me," she says. "It was very anxiety-provoking. It triggered a lot of the emotion I felt when I was younger." The coach, Paul North, was sentenced to 10 years in jail after being found guilty of several counts of indecent assault and one count of rape and he was placed on the sex offenders' register. When Webster began to dig into the history she discovered one of her old teammates had reported him. In the documentary, Webster explains how North arranged "private training sessions" before sexually abusing her during massage sessions her. Webster remained silent about the abuse for 20 years and was too ashamed to speak out. "That blame and guilt dominated me, and left me with low self-esteem, struggling in relationships, struggling with trust," she says. "I felt ashamed and isolated and sank into depression. I always felt I'd be judged like I was broken and people would immediately think, ‘she's a bit messed up,' so I held it in. "Throughout my career, I tried to be what I thought I should be – a smiley, confident person – but inside there was a part of me which didn't like myself. You can't live your life like that because it's exhausting, it's chaotic and it's damaging."
What is Charlie Webster Known For?
- Being a British TV presenter as well as a campaigner.
- Being a writer for the Huffington Post, the Sheffield Star, and football.co.uk.
Where is Charlie Webster From? Details About Her Family, Age, Education
Charlie Webster was born on 9th November 1982 with the birth name of Charlotte Webster given by her parents. Her place of birth is in Sheffield, South Yorkshire, England. By nationality, she is British and she belongs to British-White ethnicity. She celebrated her 38th birthday as of 2020. Her Zodiac sign is Scorpio and she follows the Christianity religion. She had quite a unique family history. Her mother was an adopted child who got immense love from her embraced parents. The bond of love is so profound that Charlie considers her maternal grandparents as her parents. Charlie used to spend a lot of time with them growing up. Her stepdad also contributed to her childhood who encouraged Charlie into sports. Thus, she wanted to be a professional runner during her childhood age.
About her education, she attended Tapton School where she participated in elite junior athletics. Later, she joined Newcastle University where she studied Language and Linguistics. She used to juggle the jobs of a personal trainer, amateur model, and fitness instructor. After her studies at university, she began modeling professionally, and then she worked on sports TV in Spain and Asia.
Charlie Webster Career Timeline
- Charlie Webster started her career as a TV presenter for Real Madrid TV after moving to Spain. There, she interviewed the Galactico team.
- After she moved to Asia in 2006, she joined ESPN where she presented live Premier League football in addition to motorsport and Asian football.
- Then, she moved back to the UK, she presented Setanta Sports News and ITV4's live GP2 coverage.
- She also became a sports broadcast journalist for "BBC Look East".
- She moved on to present the Red Bull Air Race worldwide for ITV4.
- Similarly, she was the voice of a World Superbikes highlights shows on Channel 4.
- From the year 2009 to 2014, she was a presenter/reporter on Sky Sports' live coverage of Elite League and also of Speedway Grand Prix.
- She became a regular presenter on Sky Sports News from November 2010 until March 2014.
- In 2010, she also presented the Goodwood Festival of Speed live on Sky Sports, and featured on BBC One's "Football Focus".
- What's more, she also presented the UK School Games for Channel 4 with Iwan Thomas.
- She appeared on Channel 4 presenting triathlon and endurance events.
- She then presented the Sky Sports boxing Prizefighter series for 2012/2013.
- Moreover, she even presented women's boxing at the London 2012 Olympic Games, as well as beach volleyball and athletics for the Paralympics 2012.
- She also presented Wimbledon report the year in 2012 for Sky Sports.
- On 26th April 2014, she made TV history by becoming the first female presenter of boxing coverage as Wladimir Klitschko defended his heavyweight belts against Alex Leapai shown live on British Eurosport 2.
- Since then, she presented six World Title fights including Terry Flanagan's title defense and Liam Smith's world title win on BoxNation. Webster has her own boxing-themed chat show, Charlie's Web, on BoxNation.
- Additionally, she has made guest appearances on "Good Morning Britain", discussing breaking sports and social topics including the sacking of Jose Mourinho in 2015. In the same year, she presented the World's Strongest Man for Channel 5 which was broadcast in the UK on six consecutive evenings over that year's Christmas period.
- Likewise, she presented the 2016 Tour Series Cycling for ITV4 the BDO World Darts Trophy for the Dave channel.
- She hosted the Wings For Life World Run for Red Bull TV as well as the Red Bull Air Race 2016. She anchored the Ironman World Championships live in 2017 in Kona, Hawaii.
- She has made guest appearances on BBC 5Live on Question Time Extra and Chiles on Friday.
- As a writer, she has written numerous sports columns, including a weekly football feature in the New Paper. She writes a blog on SkySports.com and also writes for the Huffington Post, the Sheffield Star, and football.co.uk. She even writes a football column for Football Punk magazine and guest writes for The Independent and The Telegraph.
- Not only this but also she hosted various Nike training club events for Nike Women to help inspire women and girls to take up sport and exercise. Back then, she posed in lingerie for FHM magazine in 2004.
- She was a contestant on the Channel 4 reality TV show "Fool Around With".
- She also hosted the RCM obesity seminar, spoke at the Women's Aid 'real man' campaign dinner and at the London Football Coaches Association dinner.
- In November 2014, she resigned as a patron of Sheffield United after Ched Evans was invited to train at the club.
- She is also a keen runner, triathlete, and boxer, training at the Lynn ABC, and has completed her level 2 Football Association coaching badge. She has run at least ten marathons, including the London, New York, Singapore, and Houston Marathons. Her first attempt at a triathlon was at the London Triathlon where she not only competed but also presented at the same time (for Channel 4). In July 2015, she completed her first Ironman Triathlon in 15 hours, 8 minutes, and 59 seconds. She completed the Staffordshire 70.3 Ironman five weeks before in June 2015 as preparation in 6 hours 20 minutes.
Who is Charlie Webster Boyfriend?
Charlie Webster is not married yet and she is still to get married. She is assumed to be single as of today. She made her single relationship status clear on Valentine's Day 2019 while preaching about loving oneself on Instagram. She is currently focusing on her career. Her sexual orientation is straight.
Previously, Charlie dated her handsome boyfriend, Allen Leech. By profession, Allen Leech is an Irish actor best known for his role as Tom Branson on the historical drama series Downton Abbey. The duo started dating since the year 2014. Later, they split due to some reason.
Charlie Webster ran in the London Marathon raising money for the Bobby Moore Fund for Cancer Research UK in April 2009. In April 2010, she ran the London Marathon again, raising money for the Women's Aid Federation of England. She competed in the Macmillan 4x4 UK Challenge event in aid of Macmillan Cancer Support in March 2010. She also took an active role in the event, quickly learning the art of navigation and 4x4 driving, the event itself took place in the Mid to North Wales forests. The event raised £123,000 for Macmillan Cancer Support. As an ambassador for Women's Aid, she was presented with a heroes award in Parliament for her work in increasing awareness of domestic abuse and raising funds for Women's Aid. She has lived in Crookes, Newcastle Upon Tyne, and Leeds.
On 15th January 2014 in an interview with BBC Radio 5 Live's Phil Williams, she revealed that aged 15 she had been groomed and sexually abused by her running coach, choosing to waive her right to anonymity to go public with the revelations to "break the taboo about abuse as a whole". Webster stated: I got quite close to the running coach because you do. He abused my trust and abused the fact that I was an innocent person that maybe wanted his support, his compassion, and his care as my running coach. The man was later sentenced to 10 years in jail and put on the sex offender registry after another younger girl recorded the abuse and contacted the police. She has also appeared on BBC's This Week discussing domestic abuse.
How much is Charlie Webster Net Worth?
Charlie Webster is a TV presenter as well as a campaigner whose net worth is estimated to have $2 Million as of 2021. Her annual salary is $83K at present. Moreover, she is also an ambassador for Women's Aid. Her major source of wealth comes from her TV career and she is satisfied with her earnings as of today. She is living a standard lifestyle currently.
How tall is Charlie Webster?
Charlie Webster is a beautiful and charming TV host. She has a perfect height of 1.78 m or 5 ft 8 in. She maintains her body a lot by doing frequent fitness and weight loss exercises. Back in December 2017, she posted a video on Twitter encouraging people to embrace a healthy lifestyle. His other body measurement such as waist size, dress size, shoe size and more is still to get revealed yet. Overall, she has got a healthy body as of today.
Charlie Webster Illness
In August 2016, Charlie Webster contracted malaria and became seriously ill after completing a six-week, 3,000-mile bicycle ride from the London Olympic Stadium to Rio de Janeiro, where the 2016 Summer Olympics were being held. She was given 24 hours to live and put on a life support machine. For a period of time, she was in an induced coma and required dialysis.
Currently, Charlie is working in the global fight to eradicate malaria. She traveled to Uganda and spent time in a high endemic malaria community making a film in conjunction with the Commonwealth Malaria campaign Malaria Must Die. She launched a Mass Action Against Malaria initiative with President Museveni delivering the keynote speech in the Uganda Parliament in Kampala.
Trivias About Charlie Webster You Need To Know.
- Her real name is Charlotte Webster.
- Her Zodiac sign is Scorpio.
- After her studies at university, she began modelling professionally and then she worked on sports TV in Spain and Asia.
- Charlie Webster previously dated Irish actor, Allen Leech.
- She wrote a football-themed column for a publication called the New Paper.