Facts About Chester Bennington
|Celebrated Name||Chester Bennington|
|Age||47 Years Old|
|Nick Name||Chester Bennington|
|Birth Name||Chester Charles Bennington|
|Place Of Birth||Phoenix, Arizona|
|Father||Lee Russell Bennington|
|Mother||Susan Elaine Johnson|
|High School||Centennial High School, Greenway High School, Washington High School|
|Wife||Talinda Ann Bentley, Samantha Marie Olit|
|Children||5; Tyler Lee Bennington, Lila, Lily, Isaiah (Adopted), Jamie, Draven Sebastian|
|Net Worth||$30 Million|
|Source of Wealth||Music Industry|
|Height||5 ft 7 in or 178 cm|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
|Weight||73 Kg or 161 lbs|
|Cause Of Death||Suicide By Hanging Himself|
|Death Date||20th July 2017|
Chester Bennington was an American singer, songwriter, and occasional actor who had served as the lead vocalist of the bands Linkin Park, Grey Daze, Dead by Sunrise, and Stone Temple Pilots. He rose to fame as a vocalist following the release of Linkin Park's debut album Hybrid Theory (2000), which was a worldwide commercial success. Linkin Park's following studio albums, from Meteora (2003) to One More Light (2017), continued the band's success. He had also formed his own band, Dead by Sunrise, as a side project in 2005. The band's debut album, Out of Ashes, was released on October 13, 2009. He became the lead singer of Stone Temple Pilots in 2013 to release the extended play record High Rise on October 8, 2013, via their own record label, Play Pen, but left in 2015 to focus solely on Linkin Park. He has won two Grammy awards for Best Hard Rock Performance and Best Rap/Sung Collaboration. Additionally, he has won six American Music Awards for the favorite alternative artist in the period of 2003-2017. He won his first-ever Billboard Music Awards for Modern Rock Artist Of The Year in 2001. He appeared in films such as Crank (2006), Crank: High Voltage (2009), and Saw 3D (2010) as an actor. He made his TV show debut in the series, "Live! At the Fillmore" in 2002. He was nicknamed Chaz, Chazy Chaz, The Chemist.
Chester Bennington's widow pays tribute on the fourth anniversary of his death
Chester Bennington's widow Talinda Bennington paid tribute to him on the fourth anniversary of his death. The late Linkin Park singer's wife remembered her husband with a touching Instagram post on Tuesday (07.20.21) as she opened up on his sense of humor and the "hopes and dreams" he had for their children. She wrote: "You always had a way to make us all laugh. You always made everything better. And when you put this lettuce cup on your head to make us laugh because our food was taking forever, you made everything better once again. She said at the time: "Happy Birthday. You would have been 45 and yes, Tyler would have you doing this dance again! "This life without you never gets easier or less painful. We miss you dearly. We will celebrate you in so many ways today ... Tyler teaching the girls and I this dance will be just one. We love you forever. (sic)"
Cause of Death
Chester Bennington died at the age of 41 on 20th July 2017. He committed suicide by hanging himself at his home in Palos Verdes Estates, California. While on vacation in Arizona with his wife and family, Bennington returned home alone saying he had work to do. Shortly before 9:00 a.m. PDT on 20th July 20, 2017, he was found dead by his housekeeper at his home. His death was ruled a suicide by hanging. Bennington left no suicide note. Bandmate and close friend Mike Shinoda confirmed his death on Twitter, writing, "Shocked and heartbroken, but it's true. An official statement will come out as soon as we have one." His death occurred on what would have been Cornell's 53rd birthday. Cornell's death was also ruled as suicide by hanging two months earlier. Linkin Park canceled the rest of their One More Light Tour and refunded tickets. His funeral was held on 29th July at South Coast Botanic Garden in Palos Verdes, California. Following his death, Linkin Park took a hiatus until April 2020, when Dave Farrell revealed the band was working on new music.
- Being an American singer, songwriter, and actor.
- Having served as the lead vocalist of the popular metal band, Linkin Park, which has managed to sell more than 70 million records and has won 2 Grammy awards in the process.
Where was Chester Bennington from?
Chester Bennington took birth on 20th March 1976 in Phoenix, Arizona, the USA. His real name was Chester Charles Bennington. By nationality, he was American and his ethnicity was Mixed as he had English, Welsh, Scottish and small traces of German ancestry. He was also of a distant Dutch descent. He was born to his father, Lee Russell Bennington (Police officer focused especially on child abuse cases), and his mother, Susan Elaine Johnson (Nurse). He also has three siblings; Brian Bennington (Older Half-Brother) (Police Officer) and two older half-sisters. His parents divorced when he was 11 years old. After the divorce, Bennington's father gained custody of him. He started abusing alcohol, marijuana, opium, cocaine, meth, and LSD. Pisces was his Zodiac sign and his religious beliefs is unknown. He was a victim of sexual abuse from an older male friend when he was seven years old.
About his educational qualification, Chester got enrolled at Centennial High School. He later shifted to Greenway High School. It was at Greenway that he started his first band, Grey Daze. He then decided to move to Washington High School to finally achieve high school graduation in 1994. He was physically bullied in high school. In an interview, he said that he was "knocked around like a rag doll at school, for being skinny and looking different". He took an interest in music at a young age, citing the bands Depeche Mode and Stone Temple Pilots as his earliest inspirations, and dreamed of becoming a member of Stone Temple Pilots. He worked at a Burger King before starting his career as a professional musician.
How was the Career of Chester Bennington?
- Chester Bennington initially sang with a band called Sean Dowdell and His Friends? Together, they released an eponymous three-track cassette in the year 1993.
- Then, he moved on to form a new band, Grey Daze, a post-grunge band from Phoenix, Arizona. The band did record a demo in 1993 and two albums: Wake Me in 1994, and ...No Sun Today in 1997. In 1998, he left the band.
- Later, Jeff Blue, the vice president of artists and repertoire at Zomba Music in Los Angeles offered him an audition with the future members of Linkin Park (then 'Xero'). Jeff Blue, now a vice president of artists and repertoire at Warner Bros., intervened again to help the band sign with Warner Bros. Records.
- Linkin Park released their debut album, "Hybrid Theory", through Warner Bros. Records on 24th October 2000.
- He later described the songwriting experience to Rolling Stone magazine in early 2002, "It's easy to fall into that thing – 'poor, poor me', that's where songs like 'Crawling' come from: I can't take myself. But that song is about taking responsibility for your actions. I don't say 'you' at any point. It's about how I'm the reason that I feel this way. There's something inside me that pulls me". "Hybrid Theory" (2000) was certified diamond by the RIAA in 2005.
- The band's second album, Meteora (2003), reached number one on the Billboard 200 album chart, as did its third album, Minutes to Midnight (2007).
- The band also won two Grammy Awards, six American Music Awards, four MTV Video Music Awards, and three World Music Awards.
- MTV2 named Linkin Park the sixth greatest band of the music video era and the third-best of the new millennium in 2003.
- He then co-founded Dead by Sunrise, an electronic rock band from Los Angeles, California, with Orgy and Julien-K members Amir Derakh and Ryan Shuck in 2005. The band released their debut album Out of Ashes on 13th October 2009.
- He also appeared on "Walking Dead", the lead single from turntablist Z-Trip's debut album Shifting Gears in 2005, and made a surprise guest appearance during Z-Trip's performance at the Coachella Valley Music and Arts Festival in the same year. He also joined Alice in Chains and performed the song "Man in the Box" at KROQ's Inland Invasion Festival in 2006.
- Additionally, he recorded a track for Slash's 2010 eponymous debut solo album entitled "Crazy" but was blocked from release. Slash then re-recorded it with Lemmy on vocals and the retitled "Doctor Alibi" was added instead.
- The band, Stone Temple Pilots recruited Bennington to replace Weiland in May 2013.
- "Out of Time" was their first single with Bennington vocals which debuted on May 19. The song "Out of Time" is featured on their EP High Rise, which was released on 8th October 2013.
- He then left the band on good terms due to his commitments with Linkin Park in 2015 and was replaced two years later by Jeff Gutt.
- In May 2021, a snippet of the original Bennington track was finally released.
Who was Chester Bennington Wife?
Chester Bennington was a married man. He dated former Playboy model Talinda Ann Bentley towards the end of 2004 and got married in 2006. In March 2006, she gave birth to their first son, Tyler Lee Bennington. In March 2011, she gave birth to twin daughters, Lila and Lily. Before he died in 2017, they were raising children from his previous relationships as well. Shortly after Chester’s suicide, Talinda’s Twitter account was hacked. The hacker then sent out a series of cruel tweets in which it alleged Talinda was cheating on Chester and passed derogatory remarks about him. Townsend was found guilty of tampering with the couple's email and other personal information, as well as sending threatening messages, and was later sentenced to two years in prison. His sexual orientation was straight.
Chester Bennington was first reported to be in a relationship with Elka Brand in the mid-90s. She gave birth to his son, Jamie in May 1996. He then adopted his second son, Isaiah as well. Later, they separated. After that, he married his first wife Samantha Marie Olit in October 1996. In April 2002, she gave birth to the couple’s first son named Draven Sebastian. The married couple then divorced in 2005.
How much was Chester Bennington Net Worth?
Chester Bennington was an American musician, singer-songwriter, and actor. He was a very talented and successful singer whose net worth was estimated to have $30 Million as of 2021. He was best known as the lead vocalist and songwriter of the rock band Linkin Park. His source of wealth was from the music industry. Among many, Linkin Park has partnered with Mercedes (2017), Honda Civic, MadeWorn.
How tall was Chester Bennington?
Chester Bennington's body type was slim. He had a tall height of 5 ft 7 in or 178 cm. His weight consisted of 73 Kg or 161 lbs. His hair color was black and his eye color was dark brown. He had also inked a lot of tattoos on his body. He was a tattoo enthusiast. He had done work and promotions with Club Tattoo, a tattoo parlor in Tempe, Arizona. Club Tattoo is owned by Sean Dowdell, Bennington's friend since high school with whom he played in two bands. His exact body measurements are unavailable at a moment. He was a hardcore gym rat and used to spend around 2 to 3 hours in the gym, almost on daily basis. Back then, he was plagued with poor health during the making of Meteora and struggled to attend some of the album's recording sessions. He sustained a wrist injury in October 2007 while attempting to jump off a platform during a show in Melbourne at the Rod Laver Arena. In 2011, Bennington fell ill again, and Linkin Park was forced to cancel three shows and reschedule two from the A Thousand Suns World Tour. He struggled with depression, drug, and alcohol abuse. He later battled an alcohol addiction during his tenure with Linkin Park, which he overcame following an intervention from his bandmates.
Trivias About Chester Bennington You Need To Know.
- His born name was Chester Charles Bennington.
- His debut album with Linkin Park was Hybrid Theory, which was released in October 2000 and managed to reach #2 spot on Billboard 200.
- In 2006, Chester made his first film appearance in a minor role in action thriller movie, Crank.
- Before his music career took off, he used to work at Burger King joint.
- His last working job before becoming a popular singer was at a small Phoenix based coffee shop called Bean Tree.